So, like, Skyrim is coming out tonight...

Arenas
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
11/10/2011 03:26 PMPosted by Nukaazul
It's a Steamworks game, it all leads back to steam.In the end, you'll have to use Steam to play it.

Won't be a problem, as I already use Steam regularly for games like Counter-Strike, Team Fortress 2 and Oblivion.

What I was predominantly worried about was buying the game and then realizing it runs like utter crap on my computer since this PC isn't what you'd consider a gaming rig. Oblivion runs perfectly fine at max settings at 1920 x 1080, however, so I'm assuming Skyrim will run equally well with at least medium settings + 1280 x 1080.
It's a Steamworks game, it all leads back to steam.In the end, you'll have to use Steam to play it.

Won't be a problem, as I already use Steam regularly for games like Counter-Strike, Team Fortress 2 and Oblivion.

What I was predominantly worried about was buying the game and then realizing it runs like utter crap on my computer since this PC isn't what you'd consider a gaming rig. Oblivion runs perfectly fine at max settings at 1920 x 1080, however, so I'm assuming Skyrim will run equally well with at least medium settings + 1280 x 1080.

O, you'll be EASILY fine.
(Also I was replying back to the other person before, xD.)
11/11/11 - Skyrim release date!

Nope, just Chuck Testa. =(
I CANNOT WAIT ANY MORE FOR THIS GAME!

Oh and btw they're resetting the MMRs next season. Yay!
Later WoW be back in a couple weeks for 4.3...maybe. probably not.
11/10/2011 03:46 PMPosted by Nukaazul
O, you'll be EASILY fine.

Glad to hear it!

Off to make my walking tank class.
Patiently waiting for Eragon Online.
Well guys, 15 mins..See ya in a couple of months
Edit:Mean years
I'll be running it on Xbox for now, and PC later. The real awesome Mods usually take a while to get rolling, especially since the people who do the best mods are often busy playing through the game at first.

Have already seen Skyrim on PC at a friends house. Apparently if you have a fairly recent rig with updated drivers there's MASSIVE texture issues going on, and a large bit of crashing.

The exact same texture issues are happening with anyone who installs the game directly to the hard drive on their XBox for faster loading times. People at tech support on the bethesda forums are working on it, but plan to include it in an official patch which may not be due out for weeks and weeks.

This is likely the byproduct of trying to create an engine that works so well on dated rigs and they made a big oops.

Tested this at my friends house and it holds true. Soon as we uninstalled the game from the xbox and ran it straight from disc it ran beautifully. Looked even better than his PC version with a monster PC running at 60+ fps on Ultra Settings. NICE GLITCH GUYS.

Happened in oblivion too btw. Took them about a month to fix. =/

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1255817-texture-loading-issues/
http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1256054-screenshots-ugly-textures-with-ultra-settings/

Mods are the best, and bethesda is a pretty awesome company when it comes to communicating with its community. No rush if the PC has crappy mouse support and looks just like the xbox version with a monster PC though. Rather play it on a 60 inch high def than my monitor anyways.
The gameplay of Skyrim looks pretty awful. Just saying.
yeh the game looks real trash, sorry for all the people who bought it
cy@ in a week
Been playing Skyrim for a couple of hours now and I must say that I'm very impressed thus far.

The game world thus far seems extremely large, as one would expect. Even on my crappy computer, I'm able to run Skyrim at ~high settings at 1920 x 1080 without having any performance issues, and I might try putting some more settings up to test how much I can go. Melee combat is satisfying going sword and board, and I <3 Clairvoyance. Even the glitches are kind of hilarious, like being sent into orbit after a giant smacks you.

Only thing I hate though, as of past games, is encumbrance. I'll probably just look up a console command later to increase my carrying weight or remove it entirely.
Been playing Skyrim for a couple of hours now and I must say that I'm very impressed thus far.

The game world thus far seems extremely large, as one would expect. Even on my crappy computer, I'm able to run Skyrim at ~high settings at 1920 x 1080 without having any performance issues, and I might try putting some more settings up to test how much I can go. Melee combat is satisfying going sword and board, and I <3 Clairvoyance. Even the glitches are kind of hilarious, like being sent into orbit after a giant smacks you.

Only thing I hate though, as of past games, is encumbrance. I'll probably just look up a console command later to increase my carrying weight or remove it entirely.

What kind of setup are you running? I'm running kind of a dated card on a decent PC ATM, GeForce 9800 GT, not sure how it will hold up, so I just bought the xbox version to enjoy on my big screen tv.
11/11/2011 12:29 PMPosted by Bubblês
What kind of setup are you running? I'm running kind of a dated card on a decent PC ATM, GeForce 9800 GT, not sure how it will hold up, so I just bought the xbox version to enjoy on my big screen tv.

XFX 8800 GT video card, AMD Athlon X2 6000+ 3.0 GHz processor and about 3GB of RAM. It's not a bad computer, but it's pretty much outdated when it comes to some PC games. Skyrim, however, still runs very well on it.
Really? I'm running GeForce 9800 GT, i7 3ghz quad core processor, 3 gb ram, and I was told I'd only be able to run it on low....

Damn bethesda forums...
SKYRIM FAILS its not even multiplayer