Point Conversion Sellback Policy

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
I find it ever so interesting that there are folks who still think this is NEW.

They are just clarifying that it will happen again and as i recall it will be the third time they have put out such an announcement.
I thought the whole REASON for the CAP was to limit how many a person could take into a content patch. At least this was the way it worked when Cata popped. You could stack 4000 Justice points and have it to spend on new gear.

Now it's just being wiped. Lame. Having come back from 7 months of leaving game to maybe try and get back into it... and to run dungeons to earn the weekly cap and cap out before patch has now been bust.

My plan was to buy a couple pieces of T12 and T13 and be ready to raid.

I guess I'm not really interested in in sticking around. Time to call teh credit card company to weasel out of the annual pass I agreed to.
This really shouldn't be a surprise. It happened when 4.2 came out. It should have been fairly obvious VP would be reset again.

But what about logged toons?

I remember I bought something (I don't remember what) one day, logged, and just returned to that toon on the next day, that '1 hour and 59 min' left was still there. I actually sold it, so it wasn't a bug or something.

Thats because the timer is ticking only while you are online with that toon
I thought the whole REASON for the CAP was to limit how many a person could take into a content patch. At least this was the way it worked when Cata popped. You could stack 4000 Justice points and have it to spend on new gear.

Now it's just being wiped. Lame. Having come back from 7 months of leaving game to maybe try and get back into it... and to run dungeons to earn the weekly cap and cap out before patch has now been bust.

Incorrect.

JPs always carry over.

The 4k cap just enforces that 1 or 2 peices per capping rule then you gotta go get more if you want to get more gear.
This is common practice and HAS been. Is this an EU post, is English a second language? Its not complicated. For example, Timmy plays WoW and earns Valor Points/Conquest Points. Timmy's WoW gets patched. Valor Points/Conquest Points go bye-bye. Timmy gets Justice Points/Honor instead. This way little Timmy doesn't snag new Season gear without working for it. This happened before Timmy, trust me.
11/09/2011 10:03 AMPosted by Bashiok
As an example, I buy an item at 2:30 a.m. The servers come down for the release of 4.3 half an hour later. Normally I would still have an hour and a half after the servers return to sell the item back to the vendor. With this policy change though, upon logging in my item can no longer be sold back to the vendor.

Say that the patch is Nov 15th. I purchase x amount of pieces of Conquest gear on the 11th. I don't log in until the 17th. Will the gear still have the buyback option?

Just something to be noted.
What if I buy something today with all my VP and just don't play until the patch? Can I still sell it back after the patch?

Say that the patch is Nov 15th. I purchase x amount of pieces of Conquest gear on the 11th. I don't log in until the 17th. Will the gear still have the buyback option?

Just something to be noted.

Well damn, I was beaten to the punch.
11/09/2011 10:38 AMPosted by Tovi
Blizzard never lets us have any fun.

Can't fight the system.
1. Can you confirm if you will reward justice points per boss kill in Raid Finder (similar to Dungeon Finder)?

2. Plus, after capping the Valor Points in Raid Finder, will you still reward 250 justice points per completion of each Dragon Soul Wing?

3. In 4.2, valor cap was 980 (140 per dungeon) which made sense. But in 4.3, valor cap will be 1000 (150 per dungeon) which does not make sense, why not make it 1050 valor cap so 150 x 7 = 1050?

4. Are you going to lower down the costs of the 346 and 359 justice gears once 378 gears are there? It seems that they all cost the same, eventually making 346 and 359 gears useless.

5. Finally, will you reconsider the ilvl drop for Raid Finder, please make it higher than 384s and on par with Season 11 Honor and Conquest gears. I believe getting conquest gears of 403s are much easier compared to Raid Finder loots.

For more information on the down-conversion please refer to: (blog link)

Why am I referring to an article posted in June for something that was just announced today?
Maybe I don't understand.

I thought that since they were downconverting VP to JP then the items that are selling for VP now will then sell for JP.

If they are worried about people buying items using VP before the patch and then selling them back for VP after the patch it must mean some items are no being downgraded to JP. Is this so? Or do they think we would be foolish enough to assume we could get the VP back after the patch even though it was downgraded?
I guarantee that there will be QQ on the forums on the day of 4.3 from people who didn't see this.

Hilariousness incoming!
11/09/2011 12:42 PMPosted by Blisters
But how can we know if we don't know the release date of 4.3?

Don't buy anything early on any up-coming Tuesday morning. It's not rocket surgery there sport.
So, are you going to tell us a relase date so we will know when this non-refund period is?

*edit*

blah, blisters beat me to it.
see what they do not want people doing is stockpiling them for a season then unloading them day b4 patch and that player gets a big jump on everyone that did not do that