Warrior nerf in 4.3 - why?

Warrior
1 2 3 8 Next
I've been meaning to write this for some time. I do not understand how Blizzard can come straight out and say " Melee needs to be buffed because their dps does not keep up with that of ranged in most encounters because of all the moving, etc" and then turn right around and give us a FAT nerf to go along with BUFFING every melee class. EVERY single one. That means you too, combat rogues- heres a nice BUFF TO GO ALONG WITH YOUR LEGENDARIES WHEN YOU ALREADY DO EQUAL DPS TO FURY WARRIORS. ( See Raidbots ). Yes, we might be tied with combat rogues for top Mdps right now, but holy !@#$, we have very little utility and very little aoe, thats what we are good for , pure dps. Now every other melee class is going to be roflstomping our dps in 4.3 and i just can't understand that one bit , every single patch i've had to put up with a nerf, when is it going to stop? We aren't OP in the least, tied for most mdps but there are rdps miles ahead of us, so why did our melee buff get accompanied by a fury warrior ONLY nerf??

I personally think it would have been perfectly balanced if we were given the melee buff without the nerf and i would have been satisfied with being able to beat the mages and spriests and boomkins more often depending on the fight. I read something on wow-head that predicted a MASSIVE ( like 100%+) increase to our mastery bonus to try to balance out this nerf. I doubt this is actually going to happen it was just theoretical, them crunching numbers to see what it would take to keep us balanced - its a sad day to be a warrior.

That being said, who's already started leveling a rogue??
11/10/2011 02:34 AMPosted by Xubris
That being said, who's already started leveling a rogue??

People who reroll when their class isn't on top.

Please let the door hit you on the way out.
I read something on wow-head that predicted a MASSIVE ( like 100%+) increase to our mastery bonus to try to balance out this nerf.

Data-mining error.

give us a FAT nerf

5% is not that huge, especially since we'll also be riding that 10% atp buff. At this point, skill (not standing in fire, being able to follow mechanics, being able to do your rotation properly) is greater than potential dps.

Stop whining and pve on what you like.
Umm... losing 5% damage isn't a big deal imo warriors will still be dishing out high numbers but will be brought more in line with other melee just so blizzard doesn't have to bring them up to the warrior standard.

Bad warriors will cry about nerfs, while the good ones will take the nerfs yet still put out the ridiculous numbers that define warrior pve dps.
Nothing to see here guys.

SMF warrior talking about high end DPS potential when we all know that TG is superior in the Endgame heroic's.

Weapon scaling bro, go TG and you will be able to compete with combat rogues.

(i love smf, btw. it just gets outclassed by tg at the higher ups)
Unless you are in a cutting edge progression guild (doesn't look like any of us are) it is not going to make much difference anyway. For most of the raiding population, our relative dps is directly influenced by our skill, and our progression by the skill of the players we run with, not by the 5% nerf that is happening to fury warriors.

and That..............is why I play arms.......i like it
Warriors are fine. The majority of melee specs were low compared to ranged but warriors could still top charts. (except maybe the casters with dragonwrath) For blizzard its way easier to buff all the melee up to where they should be and then nerf the outlier (especially when the outlier has such an easy place to make adjustments) than it is to individually buff the low end. You wont notice any difference going into 4.3

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, because I dont want a@# prints on my door!
We get new shiny gear and we will start topping charts. So 5% nerf is not that bad.
11/10/2011 07:28 AMPosted by Easyryder
We get new shiny gear and we will start topping charts. So 5% nerf is not that bad.

Warrior scaling is not what it use to be.
Dude, that was a data mining error not a buff or a nerf.

SMF warrior talking about high end DPS potential when we all know that TG is superior in the Endgame heroic's.

Your key words are " in the end game heroic's"

Look at my progression and you will notice that I am not downing H rag, and therefore cleaverx2 is the best possible combination for me.
Umm... losing 5% damage isn't a big deal imo warriors will still be dishing out high numbers but will be brought more in line with other melee just so blizzard doesn't have to bring them up to the warrior standard.

Bad warriors will cry about nerfs, while the good ones will take the nerfs yet still put out the ridiculous numbers that define warrior pve dps.

Yeah maybe you misunderstood, i never said i don't top charts, i almost always do, because im good at the class, but that doesn't mean we need to be nerfed because overall we are not OP.

You should not be calling anyone bad and implying that I am considering one of your pieces is gemmed wrong and half your gear is reforged wrong.

Maybe you should be QQing since thats what 'bad' fury warriors do?
Unfortunately, even in 7/7N Titan's Grip is going to be a bit better with the 4pc bonus favoring TG as well as Sulfuras being the best available weapon.

It's no big deal if you're not doing heroics, so I wouldn't sweat it.

Hmm.. not too sure about this one, I did some data-mining and saw that cleaverx2 was slightly better than sulfuras regular x2 , even if this isn't true though, i've always loved playing TG and would rather pick up sulfuras x2 on regular - just haven't dropped for me yet.

Also, I'm starting into some of the easier heroics ( shanny, domo ) so its possible i could luck out and get a firestone or two to make those cleavers even sexier ( won't down H rag )

Your key words are " in the end game heroic's"

Look at my progression and you will notice that I am not downing H rag, and therefore cleaverx2 is the best possible combination for me.

Access to 4 set + normal mode TG weapons? Yes?
TG is better.
Heck, two Zoid's + 4pc will be better than what you have.
Access technically sure, although I've never seen a prot token drop off domo or rag on any toon nor the 2h.

Wouldn't be surprised if i got heroic cleaver x2 before i got 4set and sulfuras normal x2.. not exactly lucky on tokens.
11/10/2011 01:37 PMPosted by Samayael
Heck, two Zoid's + 4pc will be better than what you have.

False and i'd be more than willing to compare my dps with yours if you would like to, even with your zoid x2 and 4 pc which i don't have.