Easy to work for Blizzard

General Discussion
I'm 15 (almost 16) but my dream is to work for Blizzard someday and be a quest designer or some sort. Does anyone know how hard it is to get a job with blizzard?
Yeah, I looked at all there job info and such, I was seeing if I could get a more personal response, someone who has or tried to work there. Thanks, Ellissia! :)
11/12/2011 12:51 AMPosted by Ozali
I'm 15 (almost 16) but my dream is to work for Blizzard someday and be a quest designer or some sort. Does anyone know how hard it is to get a job with blizzard?

As far as I'm aware, Blizzard requires a good amount of experience in the field before they hire anyone.

I don't imagine you'd be able to get in right out of college.
I don't see why they'd need to hire anyone to design quests, after all how hard is it to kill 15 of X and 15 of Y for 3 freakin expansions!
Well to be a quest designer you would need extensive experience in writing and a computer science course wouldn't hurt either. You would be responsible for creating and implementing every quest under guidance from the senior game developers and writers. Most likely scripting the quests and importing them into the database. This could be done in any language from sadscript to standard XML sheets or perhaps Blizzard quest designers wrote their own little language.

I'm actually looking to work for Blizzard in some way at all if I can. Doesn't have to be anything specific...just whatever they happen to need someone for I'd at least try to be the one their looking for.
Necro.... of the DAY!
Start by figuring out what, specifically, you want to do. Then get good at doing that. Art? Writing? Programming? Design? Whatever the job opening is, they'll be looking for someone with specific skills to fill it.
Never going to happen.

What sort of experience do you have other than playing games?
I wonder if he actually ever got an internship or something.
Voss, I control the undead!
I know this thread is a necro, but if you all are looking to get into working at Blizzard, a lot of them started from the ground up as either Q and A or customer support. In a lot of careers, you have to pay your dues before you're able to move up the ladder.

They also do hire talented people that run fansites or show aptitude at engaging the community. Good examples are Dave Kosak, the lead story/quest dev, and Lore the CM.

Unless you have a lot of experience to bring to the table, or something really unique like good connections, your best bet is to go to the main job directory on the website:

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/careers/directory.html#region=Americas

and see which jobs you're interested in/qualify for. Sometimes that may mean a customer support position, but that's a good way to get your foot in the door if you're really willing to work hard.
ahaaha

I would also like to point out for my self amusement, you don't quest to be a designer at blizzard. You go to college for years to study your desired profession such as pixel art, or programming, like myself.

Years, you have a long way to go and frankly you don't close your eyes and just dream in this world. You work for it, if you're almost 16 you're in highschool hopefully. You have a long way to go pal.
If someone wants to hunt through blue posts, I want to say it was Ghostcrawler but not positive, made a pretty detailed post for someone that was interested in working at Blizz. This was 3 maybe 4 years ago now, or around the time this post was first made.