How does everyone feel about the MoP...

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 26 Next
11/23/2011 11:51 AMPosted by Florimel
way too pvp oriented. I don't care about pvp, there should be non pvp options at every level.
The whole point of the system is that you don't have a situation of "this is the PvP talent" vs. "this is the PvE talent," because then the choices aren't really choices.

And you haven't done much PvE lately if you think control and survivability skills are just for PvP.
Honestly, it seems a little bland to me. Also, it kind of stinks when you see an entire tier that you'd like to skip and then two in the next tier.

Oh, well, who knows how things are going to change. I'll wait until this is in Beta to even start worrying about it, though.
I`m dying to know how you will flesh out the shaman change. As it looks right now, it looks like it`s been gutted, and waiting to be stuffed full of delicious new totems. I can`t wait for more info!
I just made a post about this. So many core abilities missing...

For priests alone right now:

Priests:

-Divine Hymn is Holy spec only.
-Renew is Holy spec only.
-Mass dispel is not listed as available for any spec.
-Divine Ageis is gone from disc spec.
-Heal and Binding Heal are available for Holy spec only.
-Devouring Plague is not listed as a Shadow spec ability.
-Greater Heal is Holy/Disc spec only.
-Shackle Undead is not listed as available for any spec.

No, I'm not very happy right now.

I read what you wrote, and took a look, and yeah... I'm not sure what to say. I mean, I don't really use renew, but I'd like the option.

I dunno -- seems like more railroading again. WTB freedom in spec, freedom in quests, freedom in general.
I can bubble hearth now!
11/23/2011 11:38 AMPosted by Rhõnin
This next set of "talent trees" seems to be going that direction in an even faster and alarming rate. Getting one way to customize my character every 15 levels is NOT fun.

I could not agree more!!! Sadly, though, many of us voiced this stance, but it fell on deaf ears.

Before I've even had a first glance my feelings about another iteration of the Talent system is that Blizzard developers don't know what they're doing.

Nor do they listen to the gamers.

Why are they asking us now, when they've shown in the past that they'll simply do what they want, disregarding anything we say even when it turns out that we were right and they were wrong?

I didn't want to relearn my classes the last time, especially after taking the time to explain - as did so many other gamers - what was wrong with their changes, but the devs told us we were wrong, they were right and to trust them. I did, that was my mistake. I'm not likely to repeat it.

Now, they're citing our reasons why they shouldn't have gone the route they did, as why they need to change it again. It's cheesy and cheap imho, because it was bad to force everyone into a failed system, and now you want to do it again?

Why should we trust the devs now?

All qft, I dislike having to choose between fears, that were automatically given to me as spells, I didn't have to talent into them.
You said before Cata came about you wanted us to not have cookie cutter specs, but you took away all of our choices in talents now. Now you have taken away the talents completely, and given us a choice of spells. There is no thought involved. I can close my eyes and hit a button each level and it will not have any consequence on how I play the game whatsoever.
I don't get how the removal of choices gives me more choices.
At first glance, some tiers look useless for one or more specs of the class, or they don't make sense. I feel like the current solution is too restricting for the class design. Thinking forward, the system should be able to allow a unique set of choices for a spec, even if those are often duplicated across specs. Then if they are mostly the same they can still be called something else.

For example, right now why are there so many bear things that a cat feral will be looking at in 75 tier? Replace "Bear Hug" with "Grapple" for a cat which does roughly the same thing but uses cat form. Etc.
As a Death knight, I really enjoy the changes. The choice on how I would like my rune empowerment to work is neat, and a cc(control undead).

As a warlock the changes are large but look fun to me, though I have to say destro's embers seem like they might be a bit back loaded.

I'm not against taking ability away unlike some other users, as long as it's for a good purpose. Like combining the old baseline survieability moves into the talents, so you can only choose one is great as long as it's for the sake of balance. It doesn't matter if you have had that move before, It makes it so you have to bank your counter moves and think more instead of just rotating the long list of cool downs.

Also some people haven't noticed this is not the final product, in fact they have already made changes to the blizzcon versions.
So far I like it on the rogue stuff - However, please get rid of redirect and allow combo points to stack on the rogue. Pretty please, with sugar on top. Thanks for taking poisons out of my bags by the way.
After reading through the Warlock spells (baseline/spec specific) and Talents, I have to say that I am EXTREMELY happy with the direction the devs are taking. To be fair, some of these spells won't make it (/singletear for Cripple in 3.0), but from the looks of it almost all of our class issues have been addressed. AT the same time, we have some meaningful choices that will probably vary a lot in PvE and PvP.

I withhold my eternal gratitude until after implementation, but so far it's looking good!
I just made a post about this. So many core abilities missing...For priests alone right now:Priests: -Divine Hymn is Holy spec only.-Renew is Holy spec only.-Mass dispel is not listed as available for any spec.-Divine Ageis is gone from disc spec. -Heal and Binding Heal are available for Holy spec only.-Devouring Plague is not listed as a Shadow spec ability.-Greater Heal is Holy/Disc spec only. -Shackle Undead is not listed as available for any spec.No, I'm not very happy right now.

THis is what I thought as well. Same for my DK, either get a silence OR desecration?

Sounds like well all be one trick ponies.
My balance druid is baffled at the changes to insect swarm.

Other than that, she's pretty happy with the way the new talents look right now.
They seem to want to nerf multi-dotting across the board, given that along similar lines Bane of Agony is aff-only and only works on one target at a time.
11/23/2011 12:15 PMPosted by Erzeroz
So far I like it on the rogue stuff - However, please get rid of redirect and allow combo points to stack on the rogue. Pretty please, with sugar on top. Thanks for taking poisons out of my bags by the way.

You are officially exiled from the rogue community.
11/23/2011 12:16 PMPosted by Mèadow
I just made a post about this. So many core abilities missing...For priests alone right now:Priests: -Divine Hymn is Holy spec only.-Renew is Holy spec only.-Mass dispel is not listed as available for any spec.-Divine Ageis is gone from disc spec. -Heal and Binding Heal are available for Holy spec only.-Devouring Plague is not listed as a Shadow spec ability.-Greater Heal is Holy/Disc spec only. -Shackle Undead is not listed as available for any spec.No, I'm not very happy right now.

THis is what I thought as well. Same for my DK, either get a silence OR desecration?

Sounds like well all be one trick ponies.

The Priest tree is by FAR the most unfinished. I don't even think they started the trees for our class yet. I don't mind, but I wish they'd have said "Sorry Priests, we haven't worked on you yet, you have to wait" instead of getting us excited and making it look like they gutted the class. It's also too bad they there accidentally left out so many spells. I wanted to see if Mind Spike was changing because if not, Mind Melt looks like a horrible waste of a talent, but Mind Spike was missing too.
i recommend keeping the warrior talent that lets me stun people on every auto attack. that'll go over well.
Shaman looks like its all healing, and I don't like the separation of bear and cat for druid. Those are the only ones I really looked at closely.
Your Active Mitigation concept better be at a really early iteration because thus far I intensely dislike what I am seeing lined up for Warriors.