Feral PVP Guide, 4.3!

Druid
Prev 1 14 15 16 19 Next
in the section Macros Continued (post #9), I think one of the descriptions got mixed up with another.

use [nostealth] 10" says "If you are not in stealth, use thing thing in slot 10." (Gloves, in this case, in the event you had an "on use" ability on your gloves." This can be removed, if you don't have anything, or can be added to any macro you like.

this part right here is between a faerie fire macro and a stamp roar macro. I think it goes with the ghetto sap/pounce macro that is a few lines up. I saw this a few weeks ago when I was forum banned and forgot all about it!
That was just plain weird (and messy >.<). Thanks again, Urth. :)

Edit: I also fixed the 'thing thing' typo... lol
As someone who is leveling their first feral, and intend to pvp on it, I'm grateful for a guide like this, ty!
Holy tap-dancing tuesday, it got stickied...
Finally! Stickeh!
holy crap finally stickied! hf tas
Grats to Taswind and all the other ferals who contributed to this tread to get it stickied it is nice to see we finally got a pvp thread up here that can help new ferals learn the ropes and ol' ferals like myself to maybe learn a new trick or two :)
Thank you for the guide! I'd also like to suggest you taking a look at this video:
http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=208009

Found it really helpful. Maybe it's worth linking in your guide.
Thank you for the guide! I'd also like to suggest you taking a look at this video:

46 minutes long?

... thanks ... jerk ... I can't NOT watch this; I'll be back with a review.

46 minutes long?

... thanks ... jerk ... I can't NOT watch this; I'll be back with a review.
wow yea..
looked at the summary and "getting started" is about 3 minutes in hahah
from the looks of it this guy takes his time
Altho that "CHARGE!!! *turtle curls back into shell*" is amazing.

Admittedly, I hadn't watched the whole thing yet (or even half of it) because java or flash or whatever died and I'm in the middle of raid... :(
thanks for this post - it's been really useful to me as I've started getting back into feral PvP, something I haven't done seriously since the dark days of BC.

also, I'm rolling with 3/3 thick hide - IMO, it buys too much time to ignore. solo holding a tower for an extra 20 seconds in AV or a resource node in AB while a healer gets to you can be a difference maker. it's totally OP, but bear form + enrage+ FR + earthen potion + barkskin + etc makes you something not unlike totally invincible and it only takes a swipe to stop any flag capping.

again - great guide, thanks.
Best profs?
assuming you can get all epic gems then:
blacksmithing > engineering > leatherworking = enchanting = alchemy > inscription > jewelcrafting > skinning > herbalism > mining > tailoring
Updated. :)

Thanks Lavache!
I was just wondering, I see the macro for the Ravage if in melee otherwise it FC/Ravages but is there a way to make a macro for Pounce if in melee/stealth and if not then FC/Ravage?
You should be able to just replace the first Ravage with Pounce.

I'm assuming you mean:
#showtooltip
/cast Ravage(Cat Form)
/castsequence reset=10 Feral Charge(Cat Form), Ravage!

This will let you use the same key to FC -> ravage!. You will need to hit this 2x, it's not a "macro 2 things together" deal. After FC'ing, you have 10 seconds in order to use the Ravage! buff. If you do not use FC within 10 seconds, it will reset the sequence, and automatically assume you want to FC, not Ravage next time you hit that key. However, if you use the macro while FC is on CD, it will not do anything; avoiding the scenario of "FC has 2 seconds on CD, smacking it by accident means you now have 10 seconds of it thinking you want to Ravage! when you don't have the buff.

Additionally, if you are in stealth, and in melee range, you will simply Ravage the target.
Great guide, thanks a lot of useful info!
Woot! Finally stickied! :D Good job! All those days coming back and requesting a sticky finally paid off :)