4.3 Raid Finder Loot Rules

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 20 Next
If you're in a raid as one of the below roles here is what you'll receive a roll bonus on:

Tank:

Agility Leather (for druids)

Trinkets with Agility (for druids)

How hard is it for you to read, druid tank, will ALWAYS win the agility leather, pants/shoulder/ what ever

and any agility trinket.......

it is a built in ninja for druid tanks, the blue post explains this, but maybe reading it was to hard for you, it never talked about jewelry, way to pull made up info out of your !@# and try to say someone is wrong, talk about the post, not your invented ideas
Those two items I left in there, yeah, DPS get the same bonus roll as druid tanks on them. So no, there will be no ninjaing for druid tanks
Problem found, Blizzard. Today on the PTR we had the agility polearm drop off of Deathwing and a Death Knight was able to roll need on the item and win it. This does not fit into the aforementioned parameters. What is going to be done about weapons?
11/23/2011 05:25 PMPosted by Bclumas
Problem found, Blizzard. Today on the PTR we had the agility polearm drop off of Deathwing and a Death Knight was able to roll need on the item and win it. This does not fit into the aforementioned parameters. What is going to be done about weapons?

As previously stated they can't do spec-based loot until 5.0. Since it has "Tank Stats" (Mastery), and will be tagged DPS I'd assume that they could roll on it.

They might be able to tag it Hunter/Druid only, but I dunno.
What a mess they should have just waited to put it in.
As previously stated they can't do spec-based loot until 5.0. Since it has "Tank Stats" (Mastery), and will be tagged DPS I'd assume that they could roll on it.

They ought to be able to do it by primary stat looking at the OP.
DPS:
Mostly everything that doesn’t have a tank stat on it

Tank:

Are hunters no longer using agility???....... =o \
DPS:
Mostly everything that doesn’t have a tank stat on it

Tank:

Are hunters no longer using agility???....... =o \

It baffles me how people think these are exclusive groups. Maybe it'd help if you read "tank stat" as "dodge or parry." Make sense?

I've made a post on the PTR that they should make it so that Strength based weapons can only be Need+ by Strength based classes. Same goes for Agility based weapons and Agility classes. Druids can TECHNICALLY Need+ on Strength 2-handed mace. Do we need it....no. Is it possibly to....yes.

For reference I made the post here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3595670275
11/23/2011 01:52 PMPosted by
I can't think of a tank that would like to lose tank gear just to get dps gear even if they're dpsing for a boss.

I can.

If I don't need any tank drops from a particular boss (or even the entire instance), I'd rather be able to win gear for my other spec.

However, if my tank spec is strongest, then that's the spec I want to be in. That's what's best for the raid, too.
i know these rules will be applied to the lfr tool but will this also apply to normal/heroic 10/25mans for the purpose of pug runs or just the lfr tool?
11/23/2011 04:53 PMPosted by Gnoblish
wow, built in ninja system for druid tanks, since cat/rogue will ALWAYS lose on agility anything to a druid tank

Wait, what? Why?

It doesn't say that. The way I read it, any druid in a damage-dealing role (including kitty) gets +100 on all leather.

How is this wrong?
11/23/2011 05:55 PMPosted by Nospiritx
i know these rules will be applied to the lfr tool but will this also apply to normal/heroic 10/25mans for the purpose of pug runs or just the lfr tool?

As it stands, just the LFR tool (they may implement a variation of the tool for MoP dungeon finder).
Yay, this means that hunters can still need on my caster staffs!

Thank you, Blizzard, thank you!

Hunters already can't roll need on those. The rules about rolling "need" haven't changed. The rules mentioned only refer to whether you get the +100 bonus.

thats just depressing.. and its a release build.

how can they let this happen?

whats going on with Blizzard lately :(

Even though it's a "release build" they can change the LFR loot tool without changing the front end (meaning a patch). The loot tool is a server-side tool that they can hot fix at any time.

If true, thats just depressing.. and its a release build.

Working as intended.

Agility benefits death knights (it increases crit chance). Not as much as strength does, but it does help some.

There are no two-handers with the pure tank stats (dodge and parry).

So, death knights can roll "need" on those things, and tanks can get the +100 bonus on them.

If true, thats just depressing.. and its a release build.

Working as intended.

Agility benefits death knights (it increases crit chance). Not as much as strength does, but it does help some.

There are no two-handers with the pure tank stats (dodge and parry).

So, death knights can roll "need" on those things, and tanks can get the +100 bonus on them.

There are no Dodge or Parry 2-handed weapons in the game. So I'm not sure why your complaining. As for weapons, your telling me, that:

Sulfuras, The Extinguished Hand
Experimental Specimen Slicer - http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=78409

both of which have mastery on them are worse than

Kiril, Fury of Beasts - http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=78482

Or are you just complaining that Deathwing's 2-handed weapon doesn't have mastery on it and only has strength and a tentacle that does extra damage.