Level 60 gear not useable for transmog!!!!!

General Discussion
Prev 1 13 14 15 26 Next
Disgusted. Just a dumb limitation on a nice set of old gear when it becomes most useful.

Completely stupid decision.
11/29/2011 04:58 PMPosted by Amerika
I had no problems transmogging level 60 gear.

PvE gear.
11/29/2011 04:59 PMPosted by Naphula
They said there's going to be replica gear available in the future. Chill out.
But there's really no point to it, all it really does is make the players more divisive.
Read more closely the replica gear will still be restricted to the people with the feat of strength
This policy just seems completely random. One set of gear out of all the gear sets in the entire game is not allowed because people didn't earn it when it was current? Why is this set of gear so different than any other? There are gear sets no longer available at all that are being added as replicas for all players to get, why are you taking gear all players can get and removing them from the transmog pool? Feats of strength are supposed to be your reward for having attained something no longer available, not having special access to some features.

Why should we have to wait for "the future" when this restriction makes not a single lick of sense to begin with?

Furthermore, there's nothing that says they'll make it available, only that they'll rename it to "Replica".

We've heard of many things coming in the future that fizzled into thin air. That doesnt reassure us at all at this point. The mere fact they started it this way is enough to lose the support of the player base.
So....of the six characters I planned on using transmogrification, I now have ONE with gear that can be transmogged. I feel like such a sucker for signing up for a year of this. Maybe I can stuff the flying horse back in the Org mailbox and just walk away.
What's that you say? I can wait for duplicates of the gear in a "future patch" (coming from the company that gave a new meaning to the word "soon")? Please just admit to having botched this and make them available now; your (Blizzard's) explanation doesn't hold water.
11/29/2011 05:02 PMPosted by Imfernal
Can we at least give the gear to the Warlords/High Warlords from the RBG system? Although im not one of them, it would make sense.

Still zero sense. Should past tier gear only be given to people with boss kills in the current tier?

This was a toy given to us for fun, for entertainment, for things to do besides raiding or PvPing or just grinding cash. And they pull this crap?
Wow. Nice, Blizz. A completely nonsensical restriction.

A while back, when players said "I don't want newbies being able to buy Dungeon Set 1 lookalikes. I held onto my originals, I should be able to transmog it and be rare!" you said "too bad, we're opening it up to everyone."

Yet you went ahead and put this same sort of restriction on old PVP gear, to keep them as a "prestige" item. Why? Why the varying levels of "prestige" in terms of old loot? Are you aiming to be hypocritical?
I don't know about you all, but a full refund on ANY of the level 60 PvP items seems to be in order, here.

There's got to be tons of people that bought them intending to use them for transmog, and now they're useless.
Seconded.

It's the principal, it was available on the PTR, leading many to believe it would be released with 4.3.
I dont understand

I can buy the gear...
I can equip it...
I can run around killing people with it...
But I can't transmog other gear to look like it???
I dont understand

I can buy the gear...
I can equip it...
I can run around killing people with it...
But I can't transmog other gear to look like it???

Your looks are deceiving my brotha!
I don't know about you all, but a full refund on ANY of the level 60 PvP items seems to be in order, here.

There's got to be tons of people that bought them intending to use them for transmog, and now they're useless.

I wouldn't be satisfied with a refund and I think quite a few agree, in fact the idea that "tons of people" bought these just for transmog should show that this decision isn't very sound.
I was already building a red transmog set for my new Destro lock, with the lvl 60 PvP shoulders as part of the theme. This seriously disappoints me. :(
the idea that "tons of people" bought these just for transmog should show that this decision isn't very sound

Seems to me, the fact that tons of people bought these just for transmog is an excellent reason for this decision.

When everybody is "special," then nobody is.
Food for thought * Let's all go play on the PTR...