We just killed Nozdormu

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
So it goes...
It's actually explained somewhere that Murozond is not the same Nozdormu we know. He's a Nozdormu that comes from an alternate timeline that started when something happened to Nozdormu, causing him to go mad, branching off from the original timeline.

Basically, our Nozdormu will continue being Nozdormu. Time travel/parallel dimensions are weird.

The freaking cat is dead, whether observed or not, it is dead. We don't observe the deaths of most of what dies, that doesn't mean it is "displaced", we're just not seeing it.

It's the proverbial tree falling in a forest, I suppose. The main application of the concept is calculating wavelengths of things.

If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it does a hipster still buy it's album?

I have a flux capacitor in here somewhere <digs around in bags>..daggum Bagnon not working! >:(

You can use the handy new "Bag Search" Feature introduced in patch 4.3!
For all your flux capacitor needs
Re: the cat, as with most things, if you wait long enough, it's dead anyway.
11/29/2011 07:58 PMPosted by Beeffrank
We did literally. May I remind that Nozdormu's full name is Nozdormu the Timeless. If one is timeless they exist outside of time. There can be no future or past version of oneself. Thus, Nozdormu has just commited suicide. Murozond was Nozdormu. Murozond can't be the future version of Nozdormu, because Nozdormu is timeless. We killed him. We killed Nozdormu. We have killed the aspect of time, literally. LF new aspect of time. Wait a second, didn't Nozdormu help us fight Murozond. That's the problem, we killed him, but we also didn't. But we still killed him. Nozdormu is both dead and alive. He is timeless, so he does not lose his living self to the past. He keeps it. This also means that he was always dead, since he cannot lose apart of himself to the future. So he is dead, but he is also alive. He has staged an attack on time, and he has staged the defense of time. He orchestrated his own death succesfully, yet he survived. What is the point of this post. I just wanted people to know this. It's very weird.

Think of it like two lines parallel to each other, one line is straight, the other is scribbled across the page. And that is what happened. Nozdomu is dead to the future, but to the present he is alive. He is not timeless, he just exists as a traveler across our time.

Makes you wonder though, if we can stop that timeline. We already proven that we can cross multiple dimensions of time to see the future, so I wonder if we can stop his demise. Either that, or if Chromie will become the next aspect.
Chromie for new aspect.
11/29/2011 08:06 PMPosted by Maltharis

Schrödinger's dragon.
I'm not so sure... it all sounds too wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

AHAHAHA
I GET IT!
Posted by Telara on page 3 of this thread:
<snip> Time is not physical its just an illusion </snip>

Lunch time, doubly so.

(Thank you Douglas Adams. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63FNwo0ysi4&feature=related
This makes me wonder, if you kill The Doctor, would that make everything he did in the past present and future not have existed since The Doctor is timeless as well?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLJPJqL_v8I&feature=related
No. This is Nozdormu, the one and only. Nozdormu removed himself from time completely, colliding a alternate Timeline into ours. Otherwise known as, 'The End Time'.
This makes me wonder, if you kill The Doctor, would that make everything he did in the past present and future not have existed since The Doctor is timeless as well?

I thought the Doctor was a fixed point in time, not timeless. He can't be timeless cause he ages.
Infinite Drake mount when.

I thought the Doctor was a fixed point in time, not timeless. He can't be timeless cause he ages.
but he doesn't age! which is why the people he has traveled with in the past are old and he still looks the same (well.... he looks different, but not any older)
11/29/2011 09:39 PMPosted by Curran
but he doesn't age! which is why the people he has traveled with in the past are old and he still looks the same (well.... he looks different, but not any older)

He ages, just slowly, plus he has regeneration :D

I just remember in the latest season there's the 2 different aged Doctor's floating about heh.
We must go deeper...
11/29/2011 09:41 PMPosted by Thÿ

He ages, just slowly, plus he has regeneration :D

I just remember in the latest season there's the 2 different aged Doctor's floating about heh.
Does aging have anything to do with being timeless though? wouldn't being timeless mean that you exist outside the constraints of time and not that you yourself, your physical being, be unaffected by how long it has existed?
11/29/2011 09:44 PMPosted by Curran
Does aging have anything to do with being timeless though? wouldn't being timeless mean that you exist outside the constraints of time and not that you yourself, your physical being, be unaffected by how long it has existed?

I thought the explanation of Timeless for Nozdormu was that he existed across time, in all times. Where as the Doctor travels through time, Nozdormu was time.

This is going back to Vanilla memories though, so could be wrong.