Heart of Unliving: working as intended?

Bug Report
I acquired this last night hoping to see it affect Mana Tide Totem much akin to how Dark Moon Card: Tsunami and Jar of Ancient Remedies do. Much to my surprise it doesn't, nor does it proc stacks from Riptide's HoT, Healing Rain or Unleash Elements: Earthliving. With a 10 second buff duration I have to wonder if this is working as intended or if there was an oversight.
Very possible it's an oversight since if it doesn't proc off shaman hots it's very likely it doesn't proc off any other hot. This trinket though is overall horrible compared to the caster equivalent and even trinkets from 4.0(DMC,tyrande's) why they decided it would be a good idea to give casters a pure int stacking trinket and heals a spirit stacking one idk.

Point for point int has always been better than spirit for every healing class so why the spirit one gives the same amount of spirit as the intellect one gives int who knows, maybe if the spirit one gave 1.5x as much spirit as it does now then maybe it would be better but what they really need to do is just change it to a stacking int buff that procs off heals to keep casters from rolling on it since they have their own.
I'm curious about this as well - I got this trinket tonight and was surprised to learn it doesn't stack with MTT but moreover that it doesn't proc from HoT ticks.

The buff duration is short enough that it could easily drop off when any substantial movement is required.

I think something should be done to make this trinket a bit more appealing. As it stands I only got it for my Holy set, but I'm not sure how much I'll like it.
Tonight it dropped for me and is not proccin' from hots, only direct heals. Please Blizzard ..FIX IT!! I would like to use it as I have reforged my spirit into mastery and other throughput stats. This is a good healing trinket for those longggg fights ..Like the Deathwing encounter! just my 2 cents!

Also on a side note, the Raid finder version has 286 Intellect which is really crappy if you see it's an 390 ilvl item. C'mon Blizzard, Fix the trinket, since it's a Drop from your last boss, last raid, end of an expansion! It should be better than the Darkmoon Card: Tsunami.
I tend to agree that this must be a mistake and should be fixed. I can't imagine that it's "working as intended" for Heart of Unliving to:

(1) Not proc off dot ticks; and
(2) Have almost 100 less +int than an ilvl 378 trinket (Foul Gift of the Demon Lord).

Please hotfix this trinket!

EDIT: I don't know if this supports or cuts against the theory that this item is bugged (or is plain meaningless), but when I look at the item in the armory it doesn't even list the static +Intellect component.
12/07/2011 09:24 PMPosted by Bilgewater
(2) Have almost 100 less +int than an ilvl 378 trinket (Foul Gift of the Demon Lord).

The trinket used to not even have int before the recent hotfix, this trinket is now bis for every healer even with the smaller amount of int on it than other thinkets. Reason why the int is low on it is because once you have the spirit stacks at 10 you're getting 780/880/990 spirit off it for the rest of the fight aslong as you keep the stack going.

The spirit proc alone wasn't enough to make it on any bis lists for any of the healers but the static int made it far and away better than anything else, it needed a static stat on it to make it viable for any decent healer just surprised they gave it so much int and kept the spirit the same on it.
@Wilhelm - I don't think that the trinket is BiS. Having a short 10s window on duration plus having to cast ten spells in a row kills all the usefulness of it. As many fights have too much movement to keep it stacked. Also, other healers will prefer throughput stats than spirit (Haste, Mastery, Int-stackin), is just a matter of choice really based on your current based spirit, how you feel with it, and duration of a fight.

The Int is an added bonus (not showing on ARMORY) but it needs to be working from HOT ticks!
@Wilhelm - I don't think that the trinket is BiS. Having a short 10s window on duration plus having to cast ten spells in a row kills all the usefulness of it. As many fights have too much movement to keep it stacked. Also, other healers will prefer throughput stats than spirit (Haste, Mastery, Int-stackin), is just a matter of choice really based on your current based spirit, how you feel with it, and duration of a fight.

The Int is an added bonus (not showing on ARMORY) but it needs to be working from HOT ticks!

You're incorrect; it's far and away BiS for every healer now.
You also do not have to cast 10 spells in a row. It multi-procs from AoEs (so you'd get 5-6 from Wild Growth). As a Resto Druid, you should be casting/refreshing at LEAST Lifebloom every 10 seconds.

Trinket's fine. In fact, it's amazing. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Btw if you are regularly not casting for periods of more than 10 seconds, chances are you don't need this trinket.
It multi-procs from AoEs (so you'd get 5-6 from Wild Growth). As a Resto Druid, you should be casting/refreshing at LEAST Lifebloom every 10 seconds.

For every class except resto shamans >.<

Got this trinket tonight and its not procing or refreshing from:
Healing Rain
Earthliving Weapon HoT Ticks
Riptide HoT Ticks
Unleash Elementals with earthliving weapon

Making this trinket incredibly annoying to keep proc'd when spamming lightning bolts with telluric currents during healing lulls.
I can also confirm that this trinket is not proccing off of the heals that Malt has listed. As far as I can tell it is proccing the same as Tsunami would for other healers right now but not for shaman. It is also giving multiple procs for other healers AOE heals (such as Wild Growth and Circle of Healing) but not multiples procs for Healing Rain or Chain Heal.

If this trinket is working as intended then we can only assume that Blizzarded wanted this trinket to have lower performance for shaman than it does for other healing classes.

As a result, I have arrived at the conclusion that this trinket is not working as intended and is in fact a bug that hopefully will be resolved soon.