Guild leader hasn't come online in years

General Discussion
... and I just took over the guild. How long does it take to gain control? It just asked me if I wanted to take over and I did. Is this a new thing they implemented with a patch? I think the original guild leader hasn't come online in 5 years.
Read the patch notes? No sir I will not be held back by something as plebian as literacy.
The automated aspect of it is new. You've been able to request control of a guild via a ticket from an absent GL since TBC.
Don't destroy it. It would kinda suck if you ruin a guild that managed to do fine for years without a GM
12/01/2011 05:40 PMPosted by Milsa
Don't destroy it. It would kinda suck if you ruin a guild that managed to do fine for years without a GM
Wow. 5 years and you were in that guild the entire time? Insane.

Twenty bucks says the old GM is logging on right now, seeing his Guild Leader status is gone and is typing up a "Blizzard stole mah guild and I din git no notice!" thread.
Just found out it's 30 days. That sucks... what if the guild leader took the month off? Or got sick?
12/01/2011 05:37 PMPosted by Groben
Read the patch notes? No sir I will not be held back by something as plebian as literacy.

What nerd invented reading anyway. what a loser.
12/01/2011 06:29 PMPosted by Koopsta
Just found out it's 30 days. That sucks... what if the guild leader took the month off? Or got sick?

Have officers take over. I was in a guild in Guild Wars ( I know it's a different game but situation applies) and the leader would be off and on for weeks and sometimes months at a time. If they knew they would be gone for to long they would appoint the most senior officer.
12/01/2011 06:36 PMPosted by Tevinter

Have officers take over. I was in a guild in Guild Wars ( I know it's a different game but situation applies) and the leader would be off and on for weeks and sometimes months at a time. If they knew they would be gone for to long they would appoint the most senior officer.

Totally OT but I <3 your name. If it's from where I think it's from, you totally should've rolled a mage instead. ;)
12/01/2011 06:38 PMPosted by Aigis

Totally OT but I <3 your name. If it's from where I think it's from, you totally should've rolled a mage instead. ;)

My name is from DA. The name I wanted was already taken, but i do have a priest named Dumat and a lock named Uldred.

My name is from DA. The name I wanted was already taken, but i do have a priest named Dumat and a lock named Uldred.

I was right! And those are pretty awesome combinations! :D

Why thank you kind Draenei. Is your name a reference to an Aegis or shield?

Why thank you kind Draenei. Is your name a reference to an Aegis or shield?

Hey, you're good with ancient languages. :D Yep! When I originally created her, I was planning on tanking. (DKs don't use shields obviously, but I liked the idea of being a 'shield' to protect my compatriots.) Decided not to, but I still like the name.