About Zygor....

Customer Support
Hi , I wants to make sure if I get a Zygor, Can I get bans it against ToS of Blizzard or Am I safe to use that ? Let me know as soon so I can check this posts , Thanks

Diz
I would tread extremely carefully of an 'addon' that you have to ultimately pay for. There are plenty of website guides for how to play WoW, and many addons that will do some of what the guides seem to promise to do.
nothing wrong with zygor, no worries,it isnt a cheat or anything,just a leveling addon, your still the one who has to level your toon,not like you are useing some bot to do it on auto piolet for you,
The guide is fine, the addon that goes with it and points you to the next location is fine last I checked, paying for it is potentially not fine.
Hi , I wants to make sure if I get a Zygor, Can I get bans it against ToS of Blizzard or Am I safe to use that ? Let me know as soon so I can check this posts , Thanks

Diz

The addon does not automate game play, it just gives you advice on where to go and what to do to level. You are fine, Zaraulten. :)
Ok , If it is , then what program is more safe for Leveling guide addons than Zygor and other 3rd party program cant use on WoW game ?

Diz
I am pretty sure it is actually against the addon makers to charge for addons. They added that restriction a couple of years ago I thought.

I doubt you would get in trouble, but I wouldn't use it imo
Ok , Vrakthris .. Thank you =)

Diz
Just do research, you don't have to pay to learn how to play. Make friends and ask advice. Go to sites like wowwiki and such.
Ok, because my friend has Zygor to use on wow a long time that He told me suggest to use it if u like it or not , that's why I asked for it and posted this forum about Zygor if it can get me bans or not against ToS of Blizzard...

Diz
Ok, because my friend has Zygor to use on wow a long time that He told me suggest to use it if u like it or not , that's why I asked for it and posted this forum about Zygor if it can get me bans or not against ToS of Blizzard...

Diz

It is not against the rules to use Zygor.

I have used it for years.
Any addons that do not automate gameplay are ok as the blizzrd UI doesn't allow functionality in addons that are against the rules. If one were to get through they would fix it. As long as there are no exe's or anything like that you should be fine. If the addon is just Lua/xml files then it should be ok.
Are u totally sure about that , Little Goblin ( Hathios ) ?

Diz
Hath has been here on the CS forum for a very, very long time. If he says he's using it then you can likely bet that it is ok. He knows the rules and wouldn't use it if it were against them.
Zygor does not charge you for their addon (because they're not permitted to do so).

What they charge you for is the information necessary to make the addon actually functional (basically, quest data and such).

The thing is, none of that information is terribly useful; there are many, many free guides all over the internet that can do the same thing for you.

It's something that people with... shall we say... less motivation to search can use. Those with more motivation don't have to pay for the information.
"Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle."
Ok , Thank for important information about Zygor stuff =)

Diz
I run my game windowed for quick alt+tab access to wowwiki and wowhead myself. Works great for me.
12/04/2011 04:54 PMPosted by Balimon
I run my game windowed for quick alt+tab access to wowwiki and wowhead myself. Works great for me.

Why alt-tab? Get an addon that can pull the data for you in-game:
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info7017-LightHeaded.html
"In the name of Elune, I will punish you!"
Salutations,

Thanks for bringing this question to our attention. Addons and their availability are a large part of what makes WoW great. Any addon that enhances your User Interface [UI] is totally okay, however, anything that automates your character's play [you can walk away from your computer and your character is still leveling, in combat, etc] is decidedly not okay and falls under exploitation and botting. If you are concerned at all or think the particular addon/guide may fall under that second category, for your safety, I recommend you just stay away from that one as violations of the Botting/Exploitation aspect of the Terms of Use is a bannable offense. If you have any questions about what might be considered automated play, I recommend you refer to the Terms of Use and follow them to the letter. You may find those Terms here: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/wow_tou.html.

Additionally, our Macro & UI forum, here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011693/, has both information as well as player who can assist you further in your quest for the perfect addon. I'm really sorry for any confusion or inconvenience that this issue has caused for you. Thanks a lot for playing WoW!

If you have any questions or concerns about this specific issue, then please click the "Need More Help" button to let us know. Otherwise, click the "Message Read" button to close this window.

Regards,

Game Master Asmoranom
WoW Customer Support
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support