4.3 Fails to load after character selected

Technical Support
11/29/2011 12:50 PMPosted by Doggerjeep
Cromulent was the culprit for me. Disabled and good to go.

Same here, among others.

My list of disabled addons:

Cromulent
Fishing Buddy
Silverdragon

Hope this helps.
it was Broker_Location for me, disabled that and I'm fine.
Re-re-re-re-reconfirming... FIshing Buddy.
deselecting silverdragon worked for me.
Definitely FishingBuddy for me.
I had to disable ALL of my FuBar add-ons for the moment (sadly), then no problems.

Hopefully FuBar gets updated in short order :-)
Looks like it was NPC Scan for me.
Unfortunately, I've disabled all of those, still no-go for me. I've disabled about everything I can live without, so now I'm going to have to start disabling some that I need. :(

I didn't have fishing buddy or cromulent, for those of you who are also having a problem. I did, however, have SilverDragon, which I disabled...still can't get in though.
I don't have any of the above mentioned addons and I have updated all my others. Could be because I'm on a mac :(. Stupid patch seriously.
I just disabled EVERY addon and still the same. Time to delete some folders I think.
11/29/2011 01:26 PMPosted by Bellamage
I don't have any of the above mentioned addons and I have updated all my others. Could be because I'm on a mac :(. Stupid patch seriously.


I am also on a Mac, having the same issue. It is definitely an addon causing the problem though. If I uncheck the "load out of date addons" box, I am able to get in.

I am trying to narrow down exactly which out of date addon is causing the issue for me. I have a lot of addons but none of the ones mentioned so far in this thread ><
I've unchecked the load out of date box and disabled everything and it won't let me in lol time for a reboot of computer and see if that helps.
It seems to me to be location related. So, any add on you have that uses location for updating the add on. For me it was broker location that was the problem. Others are saying fishing buddy which I believe uses location for the best fishing spots. Not sure, never used it because well, I just don't like fishing though, never gave it a real chance.

Anyway, that is my best solution for anyone having this issue. Find the location add on you use, disable it or, go through each one at a time. Fubar I am unsure of but I stopped using that awhile ago as it was unsupported and now I use chocolate Bar which imo...is better but that is me. It is working fine if you need to replace. You use the broker plug ins with it like broker cpu, exit and so on. Just not location as it is the problem for me. Good luck all.
Or, remove your wtf folder and log in fresh. If that does not work, not sure what to say other than...cough...re install..
11/29/2011 01:17 PMPosted by Genryuu
Looks like it was NPC Scan for me.


Mine is working...that's odd. wonder if it is because I am in org and it usually does not load while I am there. Hmm..need to test that theory out.
11/29/2011 01:44 PMPosted by Sylorian
Looks like it was NPC Scan for me.


Mine is working...that's odd. wonder if it is because I am in org and it usually does not load while I am there. Hmm..need to test that theory out.


Nope, appears to be working fine with Lock which is in Hyjal and it loads there. Oh well, not gonna worry. :)
Confirm Fishing Buddy and Silverdragon.
I found that FishingAce and Mounted were the addons that blocked the loading screen for me. Some experimentation with lib updates seems to point at an older version of LibTourist being the cause for those two addons. I found a beta version of LibTourist at the WoWAce dev site and replacing its folder in the lib directories of those two addons has solved the lockup problem. I had updated ACE3 and Babble libs previously, but the problem persisted until LibTourist was replaced.

Your mileage may vary.
Confirmed. Mounted was definitely an issue for me.

Join the Conversation

Return to Forum