Mature Language Filter

Bug Report
I would like to know why my mature language filter keeps turning on every time i log out or when i log over to a new toon. It cant be an add on doing it because i cleaned out my WTF folder and truned off all my add ons and the filter keeps turning itself on
Having the same issue. It has already got past annoying having to turn it back off every time I log onto my characters.
Same for me. Really getting obnoxious!!!
Hello Everyone, this is a known issue, and we're working to get this resolved. Unfortunately, we don't have an ETA for when this will be fixed.

In the meantime, you can check the Mature Language filter, and then Alt-F4 out of WoW, or Exit the game without "Logging out". That can help to save your option.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657276536#7
Yeah, like what the &*$$ is with you &*&$(#* and your *(*$)(*#$*(Q? Like seriously? If I *(*#)$& want to read other *($&##$* people swear like a $#&*(Q$, you should $#&*(#$*& accomodate me, you $#&*(*$&# *$#)(*$#!!!

:)
Thanks Velnrak, that worked for me. This way we don't have to wait for a d@mn patch :D
I've tried Command Q on Mac, and it's not saving... suggestions?
Also having this issue 5 days later. It seems like this shouldn't be that tough to fix.
/script SetCVar("profanityFilter",1-GetCVar("profanityFilter"))

This will change the option. In other words, if it is enabled this script will disable. If it is disabled, it will enable. Just macro this for quick click when you log in if you like to talk dirty.

Cheers
No ETA means it's not going to be fixed until those stupid pandas are everywhere.
It just feels like they are making it come on intentionally to further "Pokemon-ize" the game. Seriously, Blizzard, please please fix this.. the Alt-F4 "fix" is not working except in a very hit-or-miss manner. I would gladly sit through an "extended maintenance" if you could just patch this fix.
No kidding, its retarded that a simple setting cannot be saved for "some unknown reason." Either fix it or say it was intentionally done to kiddify the game.
12/09/2011 10:23 AMPosted by Shriver
/script SetCVar("profanityFilter",1-GetCVar("profanityFilter"))

doesn't work....

blizz, what's going on? low fps issues too... fix it ... please :)
I completely cleared my cache out. Afterwards mature language filter was unchecked.
I find it funny a blue can respond to this after three post but after 100s o post about ppl getting kicked from BGs nothing?
no ETA is another way of blizzard saying "soon"
I always just exit out of WoW without actually logging out and it hasn't been saving it. So yeah, that doesn't work.
There's been an addon made that keeps it off.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/mature-language-filter-fix
12/15/2011 03:32 PMPosted by Kurannan
It just feels like they are making it come on intentionally to further "Pokemon-ize" the game. Seriously, Blizzard, please please fix this.. the Alt-F4 "fix" is not working except in a very hit-or-miss manner. I would gladly sit through an "extended maintenance" if you could just patch this fix.

Take your tin foil hat off.

I don't want to not be able to play the game because some people want to swear. There are addons that disable it permanently until there is a proper bugfix.