So let's say Theramore isn't favoritism

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 26 Next
The deserters would NEVER join the Horde. Their main objection to Jaina's leadership is her friendliness toward the horde and her betrayal of her father.

Maybe not, but it's possible for them to be tricked into helping. They might see the Horde it as an opportunity to take over. You know, let the Horde break their strength on the city, then they run in and mop up and take over.
this is such a tired subject. put simply horde are the bad guys and burning city's is what we do. Is it favoritism when the bad guys plans all work out at the start of a movie? No.
Horde are simply the aggressors this time, just watch what happens during the xpac I'm sure Ally will get plenty of payback and story, this is just the start of the war we are all looking for when we started playing this game
12/01/2011 03:16 AMPosted by Ðeathwaggle
Now, you expect me to believe that this buffoon of an orc, who a few years back was pouting up in Nagrand about Draenor dying, actually manages to not only get the drop on Jaina, but actually manages to defeat her forces and ultimately the archmage herself in order to burn her city to the ground?

No matter how strong a single mage is I find it highly unlikely she will be able to hold back an entire army of marauding orcs/troll/mercenaries/adventurers w/e. Honestly unless you actually expected jaina to fight a Horde leader 1v1 than that horde leader proceed to burn dow nthe entire place by himself. Furthermore no doubt the horde will have legions of mages of their own, possibly fueled by blood elves as they are the strong users of magic in the horde.

Honestly speculating about how exactly it will happen is stupid. Get over it.
He began flaming because he is frustrated at being labeled as the bad guy. I agree with the "don't shot the messenger" statement but had he been a normal poster he could have been reported and could have gotten a vacation.
He broke no forum rules that I saw.
12/01/2011 10:59 AMPosted by Garoifs
Know what would be fun? If Baine was actually helping with the attack on Theramore... Wielding Fearbreaker.

He gave Fearbreaker to Anduin.
I, for one, am looking forward to Zarhym's promise that Varian destroys Org. All hail Varian! All hail Zarhym!
Actually, as far as books go, Great Expectations was apparently rewritten after the initial ending.

I'm not saying do that here, just that there is at least one major case of a book receiving a rewrite after things were revealed.

I personally wanted to come back and just say that no matter what, Alliance side, things don't feel fair when we spent all of Cataclysm "losing" the fights we had to get into. the 7th Legion seems so amazing after their efforts in Northrend that it makes no apparent sense to see other units not do so well.

The point seems to be this: when people, on any side, stop thinking critically, things tend to get emotional. The issue is that once emotions rise, reasoned debate becomes harder to have.

The feeling I get when I hear about Theramore going the way of the dodo is one of, "It's decided, at least I can show up and fight." Others may see, however, that the situation is only decided. A this for that, back and forth war for resources sounds interesting on paper: please just recall if everyone can, that when emotions are involved, even the most carefully chosen words can cause issue if the debate seems to be over before things are finished.
12/01/2011 01:14 PMPosted by Zarhym

What a poor concession! At least stand by the story since it hasn't happened yet; act like we should look forward to the plot!

I'm just saying I fully expect people to come back to the forums once the event is actually live and claim that I completely lied to them, and that we didn't follow through on our guarantee to have Jaina spit in Garrosh's face, freezing and shattering his thick skull, followed by Varian flying down on Tyrael's Charger and blowing all of Orgrimmar into the ocean with a sneeze. And then pandas.

Personally I would love to see Jaina get optic blasts and adamantium claws like X-23 while Varian gains the eternal mangenkyo sharingan and a bankai that allows him to be like facebook and adds you to his friends list but that's just me. I'll leave now before I'm executed for my post.
12/01/2011 01:25 PMPosted by Shenanagins
I agree with the "don't shot the messenger" statement but had he been a normal poster he could have been reported and could have gotten a vacation.

To be honest, he deserves a vacation after all the shenanigans we put him through.

I mean a good vacation, btw. To a beach maybe.
12/01/2011 01:17 PMPosted by Windfuehrer
Every single story in this game is terrible. Seriously.

/shoo
12/01/2011 01:25 PMPosted by Shenanagins
I don't blame him for being snarky or rude. He has answered your questions time and time again, but you continue to scream to the heavens that the answers provided aren't good enough. DEAL WITH IT. They aren't going to ruin their entire story, or reveal all of it ahead of time, just to soothe your super emotional attachment to a fictional grouping of characters in a fictional game.

Weeeeeeell two things.

1) No one forced him to reply in this thread, at least as far as the rank and file players know of. Yes there's been a lot of talk on the forums lately regarding the "Horde bias" but nothing that required him to jump into the middle of. The fact that people took their anger out on him is unfortunate but then again most of the complaints are valid.

2) Actually his job is to not be snarky and rude. Or at least it's a part of his job. Everyone has their off days, but still he more than anyone should be subject to the forum rules. When the people enforcing the rules aren't subject to them is when abuses start happening.

He began flaming because he is frustrated at being labeled as the bad guy. I agree with the "don't shot the messenger" statement but had he been a normal poster he could have been reported and could have gotten a vacation.

1. The CMs' job is to reply to threads like these. When they don't, the natives get restless. Also, he's trying to combat the hysteria and mayhem stirred up by the speculation masquerading as facts.

2. He wasn't rude. Blunt and a tad brutal, yes. But the posts in this thread deserved it.

He has said nothing that would get a "non-blue" a forum vacation.
12/01/2011 10:59 AMPosted by Garoifs
Even if Garrosh does it, it still makes no sense. He is already fighting too many wars to pick another one. He couldn't even push through the Southern Barrens, how did he get to Theramore? By boat? Against the strongest fleet of the Alliance?

Interesting idea, not impossible for him to spread himself thinly at all. Germany did it, and got walloped for it. So it is not outside the realm of possibility, and honestly Garrosh seems hotheaded enough to do it.
Here's a good question, why do you people really care, if all you're going to do is sit in town waiting for your queue to pop anyway?
12/01/2011 01:24 PMPosted by Ðeathwaggle
And if you have done the quest in Theramore, you know there are deserters and Grimtotems near by.. that can be easy cross over to the Horder side and can attack from the North..

The deserters would NEVER join the Horde. Their main objection to Jaina's leadership is her friendliness toward the horde and her betrayal of her father.

Two enemies do often become friends over a common foe.
12/01/2011 01:27 PMPosted by Griimreaper
He broke no forum rules that I saw.

He posted in a way to incite negative responses

12/01/2011 12:59 PMPosted by Zarhym
You see, it would be this mat that you would put on the floor... and would have different CONCLUSIONS written on it that you could JUMP TO.

12/01/2011 01:04 PMPosted by Zarhym
And I honestly don't care if your response would be that I shouldn't expect anything else -- that we've left you feeling bitter and pessimistic. It's not an excuse to carry on a completely irrational argument about a plot you just made up out of disillusionment.

Pretty sure those weren't meant in good fun. He's having an off day I get that.

Edit: That said, agree or disagree I'm going to bed. Have fun and be civil people.
12/01/2011 01:14 PMPosted by Zarhym
I'm just saying I fully expect people to come back to the forums once the event is actually live and claim that I completely lied to them, and that we didn't follow through on our guarantee to have Jaina spit in Garrosh's face, freezing and shattering his thick skull, followed by Varian flying down on Tyrael's Charger and blowing all of Orgrimmar into the ocean with a sneeze.

You know, while I expect the same thing, that just doesn't seem Alliance-esque. It was to my understanding that Alliance and Horde were supposed to be two differently developed factions, with two different tones and emotions that go with that.

Realistically, Jaina getting mad and freezing and shattering Garrosh's skull, coupled with Varian blowing up Orgrimmar seems cool and all...But it doesn't really seem Alliance-y when you really think about what the Alliance represent.