So let's say Theramore isn't favoritism

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
As much as Garrosh is a "buffoon", he is a skilled and experienced warrior. His tactics and growth as a commander were helped along by Saurfang during the Northrend campaign as well.

I think that if Jaina did have advanced knowledge of the attack it wouldn't go so well for the Horde, but I doubt that will be the case. I expect Garrosh to attack while Jaina is away, as he has the foresight to understand the tactical difficulties her presence would cause.
12/01/2011 12:08 PMPosted by Grenaday
All the same in the end considering we're now on the sixth war? It also wasn't a war - it was Kul Tiras trying to do what ALL the alliance factions except Terenas himself wanted to do after the Second War.
And by all you mean...?
That is starting to seem more and more likely. The problem is that Jaina basically is getting put into the pity party patrol, and then dies? How is that a constructive message?

I say, if she dies, at least do it like Samuel L. Jackson wanted Mace Windu to go: not as a weak death, like it was in the movie (punked, I think it was), yet somehow epic that makes life even more interesting for everyone that fought there.

You're expecting a little much with that one. It's kind of sad when the forums can consistently provide better story ideas than paid writers.

Writers are a small group of paid individuals working on a strict schedule. The forums are a 9+ million person open discussion with no timelines or other duties.

Not surprising really.
Writers are a small group of paid individuals working on a strict schedule. The forums are a 9+ million person open discussion with no timelines or other duties.

Not surprising really.

Professionals getting paid to do something should not produce an inferior product to random amatuers regardless of a deadline. Unless that deadling is wholely unrealistic, in which case one could still assign some blame for not properly dividing their time equally.
Even with Jaina's power, Theramore has always been a sitting duck. It is essentially surrounded by Horde territories, it's an ocean away from any significant Alliance support, and its only local resource appears to be crocolisk hides.

Jaina is a peacenik because she has to be. Without the protection of Thrall's friendship, it was only a matter of time.

Could Garrosh defeat Jaina in one-on-one combat? Maybe not. But as we know from his shameful duel with Cairne Bloodhoof, Garrosh is not above cheating.
Could Garrosh defeat Jaina in one-on-one combat? Maybe not. But as we know from his shameful duel with Cairne Bloodhoof, Garrosh is not above cheating.

Well not technically true. Lore wise he didn't know Magthra poisoned his weapon, tho why he trusted her to play by the rules is beyond me. He's a hotheaded idiot but he's not a cheater.
12/01/2011 12:23 PMPosted by Steelflank
But as we know from his shameful duel with Cairne Bloodhoof, Garrosh is not above cheating.

Ok, now where do you get this from. From everything I've heard, the only reason Garrosh won was because his blade was poisoned by Magatha Grimtoten under the cover of doing a shamanistic blessing without his knowledge.
I seriously hope Jaina dies in MoP. That race traitor should have been executed years ago for the things she did. Hope Garrosh cuts her head off and puts it on a pike at the entrance of Theramore while the rest of her corpse swings from the archway.
I'm pretty sure that Steelflank already knew that he wasn't cheating but simply isn't happy with Cairnes death.
12/01/2011 12:29 PMPosted by Griimreaper
I'm pretty sure that Steelflank already knew that he wasn't cheating but simply isn't happy with Cairnes death.

I actually think the Cairne death story was well done and made logical sense. Lore wise he was quite old and was raising his son to take over leadership. The Grimtotem had always been a thorn in his side, he just never had much of a real reason to oust them. Unfortunately his death gave Baine the reason his father never had. All in all I thought it was a fairly solid story.
Now, you expect me to believe that this buffoon of an orc, who a few years back was pouting up in Nagrand about Draenor dying, actually manages to not only get the drop on Jaina, but actually manages to defeat her forces and ultimately the archmage herself in order to burn her city to the ground?

I'm sorry, not buying it. Even without favoritism, it's still bad lore.

You're filling in an awful lot of details with assumptions to make your case. Sure, your argument might still be valid once you know exactly how things will play out with Theramore, but you just wrote a mini-dissertation based on one vague statement about the Horde attacking the city.

Rather than telling us all the reasons this doesn't make sense, aren't you a little curious to know exactly what it is you're criticizing?

I personally wish the event wasn't mentioned as early as it was. It gives forum goers like you months to fill in the context however you see fit and pick apart all the details you don't have.
12/01/2011 11:23 AMPosted by Emmberr
Jaina kills her own father in order to prevent a 4th war.

Didn't occur in WOW. Most of the Warcraft fanbase is tied solely to WOW.

Jaina cries once in ICC during a very emotional moment.

Arguably the most significant action Jaina has performed in WOW.

Fanbase pegs her as a wuss.

WOW has painted her as being completely useless. She's been chickified.

Aggra goes beyond the ends of the Azeroth to save her love, even when the most powerful being in Azeroth believe it impossible.

Aggra is in an actual romantic relationship with Thrall, and is married, and gets pregnent.

Fanbase pegs Aggra as arm candy

Aggra came out of nowhere shouting that she wants to have Thrall's babies. Basic Campfire had more character development.
I personally wish the event wasn't mentioned as early as it was. It gives forum goers like you months to fill in the context however you see fit and pick apart all the details you don't have.

I'm thinking Zarhym's a bit fed up with the constant whining/complaining since that blog was released.
You're filling in an awful lot of details with assumptions to make your case. Sure, your argument might still be valid once you know exactly how things will play out with Theramore, but you just wrote a mini-dissertation based on one vague statement about the Horde attacking the city.

Rather than telling us all the reasons this doesn't make sense, aren't you a little curious to know exactly what it is you're criticizing?

I'm more interested in the Alliance response than the actual Theramore incident. That will be the deciding factor to whether you guys actually listened to the valid complaints made or not.

And that is something you should've expanded on. Not that one of our capital cities was going to be sacked, but how we, as Alliance, were going to stop running.
Garrosh + level 95 Plot Armor + goblin nukes = no Theramore
Now, you expect me to believe that this buffoon of an orc, who a few years back was pouting up in Nagrand about Draenor dying, actually manages to not only get the drop on Jaina, but actually manages to defeat her forces and ultimately the archmage herself in order to burn her city to the ground?

I'm sorry, not buying it. Even without favoritism, it's still bad lore.

To be... or not to be, that is the question.

No this has nothing to do with what you said it's just that your a skull and I'm not funny at all so I had to do it.

I'm more interested in the Alliance response than the actual Theramore incident. That will be the deciding factor to whether you guys actually listened to the valid complaints made or not.

And that is something you should've expanded on. Not that one of our capital cities was going to be sacked, but how we, as Alliance, were going to stop running.

Capital city? Wich one?