LFD Cata Heroic Queue

Bug Report
The LFD Cata Heroic queue is placing me in Twilight dungeons.

EDIT:
I just wanted to edit my post to let you know this is still occurring. I've been hit with multiple 30 minute deserter debuffs because of this. Please fix soon. Very annoying.

I also wanted to note that it is always End Time that pops for me. Never any of the other Twilight dungeons.

EDIT 2:
Still doing this. Please. Fix. Soon. It's reading the gear in my bags. It's not fair to the players in the group or myself because I have to drop after zoning in.
I am experiencing this as well. Selecting "Random Cataclysm Heroic" puts me in End Time every single time.
Same thing here. Queue for Random Cataclysm Heroic, and it puts me in End Time, which is NOT what I queued for.
Just wanted to chime it that the same thing happened with me. Queued for one Heroic, got Shadowfang keep, then queued for another and got End Time. I told my party "sorry, must have queued for Twilight by accident, I am not ready for this" and quit and when I checked my Dungeon Finder, I was still checked for Cataclysm Heroics only.
My 'Random Cataclysm Heroic' says that it's supposed to queue for the new dungeons. I believe it may be intended.
We're having the same issue. Friend put us in random cata heroic last night and we got put in twilight. Also, the night right after the patch, she tried to put us in a random normal cata dungeon and it put us in heroics.
Same problem here. I queued up with a friend who says his gear is item level of 348 (equipped). We just wanted to get some Justice Points so he could buy some gear. When I queued us up for a Random Cataclysm Heroic, it put us into End Time, which is one of the new Hour of Twilight Heroics.

Note his overall item level (best) is 355, but the equipped for both specs is 348. Not sure if he should been qualified for Hour of Twilight Heroics with gear of level 348.
12/01/2011 08:40 PMPosted by Letria
Note his overall item level (best) is 355, but the equipped for both specs is 348. Not sure if he should been qualified for Hour of Twilight Heroics with gear of level 348.

Since the start of cata dungeon finder has taken average item level of all your highest level gear into account even pvp/bank gear so it's letting him queue for everything since he passes the minimum for twilight which is 353 even though his equiped ilvl isn't high enough.
This is happening to me on Cenarion Circle. I am queing for random Cata heroics but only getting put into the Twilight heroics.
As I read through this, I think this is also proving to be a large issue in the dungeon finder. I'm usually a pvper and I have decent pvp gear... but I pvp in feral cat and pve (which I'm only starting... never really done pve) as boomkin. My boomkin gear is by no means ready for twighlight dungeons... so the fact that it's registering my pvp gear is a huge issue. The dungeon finder needs to only calculate the gear you're WEARING.... Not the gear you have in bags. pvp cat gear does not = pve boomkin gear... and when geared for pve, I'm by no means ready for twighlight gear wise.
To add to this discussion, this happened to me twice tonight when I signed up as heals.

I spent all the last patch on getting shadow gear, so my heal iLevel is at best 359 (and that's being generous). I double checked and I was regular heroic and kept getting the new ones.

It's not fair to the other members of my party expecting a fully epiced out healer ready to handle this new content when I know I'm not ready for it and that's why I chose to not do them but got sent there anyway.

Blizz please fix the que for us honset folk that want to get into the content level we know we are ready for!! :)
Did not notice this bug fixed in today's hotfix. Hope it happens in the next hotfix!
STILL DOING IT

I don't see this on the 'Known Issues' list.
STILL DOING IT

I don't see this on the 'Known Issues' list.
That's because it's not a bug. Mouse over the dice and it'll tell you what dungeons your eligible for.

If you don't like this functionality, post on the dungeon/raid forums. Otherwise you'll simply be ignored.
12/08/2011 05:26 AMPosted by Kazrana
That's because it's not a bug.

Actually, it is.

The LFD tool has three choices for me: Specific dungeon, Random Heroic, and Twilight Heroic. If I choose one of the latter two, I have specific expectations. To wit, that the second choice excludes the latter choice.

And I can report that being slammed into a Twilight Heroic happens to me when the Role Call To Arms is indicated and I have queued for that. I haven't been slammed when CTA is not enabled.

The problem with being slammed in CTA is that while I might be Twilight-capable in one role, I might not be in another. If I queue for multiple roles on a bog-standard Heroic, and find myself in a twilight heroic in my lesser-geared role, my choices are "get kicked", or "leave and suffer the 30 minute you-suck debuff" ... with whatever opprobrium comes with having done so repeatedly.
12/19/2011 09:50 AMPosted by Eirik
That's because it's not a bug.

Actually, it is.

The LFD tool has three choices for me: Specific dungeon, Random Heroic, and Twilight Heroic. If I choose one of the latter two, I have specific expectations. To wit, that the second choice excludes the latter choice.

And I can report that being slammed into a Twilight Heroic happens to me when the Role Call To Arms is indicated and I have queued for that. I haven't been slammed when CTA is not enabled.

The problem with being slammed in CTA is that while I might be Twilight-capable in one role, I might not be in another. If I queue for multiple roles on a bog-standard Heroic, and find myself in a twilight heroic in my lesser-geared role, my choices are "get kicked", or "leave and suffer the 30 minute you-suck debuff" ... with whatever opprobrium comes with having done so repeatedly.

It's already been confirmed to not be a bug by Blizzard themselves. They didn't like the idea of multiple tiers of queues for heroics, so they combined ALL heroics (original with release, Za/Zg, and Twilight) into one queue, and then gave the secondary option of only queue'ing for the new heroics. They did not want three tiers of queue'ing, thus they combine all into one and give the option and ability to queue for the newest ones alone.

If you don't like this, you are more than welcome to make a suggestion post in the appropriate forum with your reasoning.
Original post by Zarhym:

We didn't really like having separate queues for each tier of Heroic 5-player dungeons. The random option should be all-inclusive. We also changed the Valor Point reward structure in 4.3, which kind of nullified one of the main reasons for splitting them up in the first place. Now the Random Heroic Dungeon option will choose any random Heroic, though you'll never get the Zandalari or Hour of Twilight Heroic dungeons if you're item level isn't high enough.

If you want to run the newest dungeons, you have that option. But if you want to run any random Cataclysm Heroic dungeon, we want the system to choose from all of them.

As others have stated in this thread, you're probably getting the news ones more frequently because more players are queuing for them specifically. You're being grouped with those people by the system so the wait times are as short as possible.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3711311271?page=1#13