A Bow is a Gun but a Sword isn't a Sword

General Discussion
12/01/2011 05:11 PMPosted by Doravandas
And please, if you try to use the animation issue, why, oh why, can I change my bow to look like a, sound like a, and even smell like a gun?

Your version of the game has smell-o-vision??? What will Blizzard think of next?

But I rather doubt that many will be transmogging from to a gun. I'd bet that most people will be transmogging from a gun.
Your version of the game has smell-o-vision??? What will Blizzard think of next?

Radioactive chickens! You heard it here first, ladies and gentlemen.

But I rather doubt that many will be transmogging from to a gun. I'd bet that most people will be transmogging from a gun

Still, the animation argument applies.
I like 2h swords over axes and maces- I don't see why there is a restriction on the mogg.

If Hunters can mogg from a bow to a gun, my warrior should be able to mogg her axe into a greatsword.
12/01/2011 05:21 PMPosted by Aaronierro
Still, the animation argument applies.

I think it has very little to do with the animations.

I don't know if Blizzard has addressed it directly, but I'm sure the exemption of ranged weapons has to do with a frequent player request regarding guns. To quote what I edited into my earlier post:

*boom*
*boom*
*boom*
*boom*
ad infinitum

Call it a "quality of life accommodation".
Did people see the Transmog Rules when it was still a sticky?

Your post implies that we don't know the rules. We do. We're saying that they're stupid.

Ah I see what you mean. I don't have a Weapons for my melee toons to transmog so I apologize for not seeing it.
12/01/2011 05:31 PMPosted by Mavrios
Did people see the Transmog Rules when it was still a sticky?

Offtopic: thank you for inspiring me for boots and belt for my Hunter's T10 set.

You're welcome :D
12/01/2011 05:29 PMPosted by Stoutlager
Call it a "quality of life accommodation".

I want one of these for my DK, if you please.

12/01/2011 05:29 PMPosted by Billd
Ah I see what you mean. I don't have a Weapons for my melee toons to transmog so I apologize for not seeing it.

Wait, what? I normal-sounding post is responding to me?

You're okay.
I like 2h swords over axes and maces- I don't see why there is a restriction on the mogg.

If Hunters can mogg from a bow to a gun, my warrior should be able to mogg her axe into a greatsword.
I agree with this. My pally was screwed through most of WotLK because I liked 2H maces, but all weapons I was "supposed" to aim for as a ret paladin were 2H axes. Right now I'm not loosing much, as I have Mograine's Might for maces and Quel'Dalar Might of the Faithful for swords, but I do agree that the restrictions are a bit on the dumb side.

I'd do it as:

1H: Maces, Swords Axes
Main Hand: same
Off-hand: same
Fist weapons: this would be its own category
2H: maces axes swords
polearms: this would be its own category
staves: this would be its own category

Granted, the animation argument holds no water. I'm thinking that from a balance perspective the devs don't want the weapons to be reduced to just stat sticks that you can change to whatever you want.