I will have to admit, I respect you Ultraxion

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
I was expecting a relaxed stroll through Dragon Soul 25 Normal, but although I most likely will be flamed for saying this, Ultraxion was a pleasant wake up call to take Dragon Soul a little bit more seriously.

If you disagree that is fine, but I will give credit were credit is due.
I think its a good dps check for a normal mode encounter, but the other parts of the fight are pretty simple and the 3 healing buffs help even more. I mean its essentially stand still, click a button to phase, and do good dps so you kill him in time.
yeah using a macro every 50 seconds is tough stuff.
Meh...I think Blackhorn was the hardest so far, followed by Zon'ozz...Not counting Spine/Madness. Ultraxion really is a "click this button and win" fight
The mechanics are simple enough, this is true but I rather enjoyed the race.
The damage, on 10-man anyways, is also really undertuned. We 2-healed it easily.
12/01/2011 06:58 PMPosted by Convicted
I think its a good dps check for a normal mode encounter, but the other parts of the fight are pretty simple and the 3 healing buffs help even more. I mean its essentially stand still, click a button to phase, and do good dps so you kill him in time.

^. Personally, i found it boring. I was surprised at how boring a more or less patchwerk fight feels, these days.

I wouldn't mind as much, but the first couple bosses felt underwhelming as well (even for normal). If it were just ultra, i'd be ok with it, but he's just one in a long string of what feels undertuned.There's just not enough going on as a dps.
Nice easy mechanic DPS check.
Blackhorn was pretty stupid easy, killed him first time he jumped off.
unlike the other 3 puppets before him, utraxion took us a full raid night. (counting morchok as trash mob).

then we 4-shot gunship. (dont laugh).

then...oh my, the ammount of chaos and confusion on Spine. It's a great fight. only got one plate down so far but should be no problem on Sunday. but we had to work little details on just about everything. for tanks at least its amazing.

one example of a very little detail: we tried having the bloods gathered by te plate where we want the hideousness to blow up, weaken hideaous, bring it to adds, aoe. problem was...the 9 bloods naturally form a semicircle so scooping the blood into the Hideousness was tough because being off-center some blood fell in the grooves and with all melee, pets and aoe effects we couln't see it.

as a tank I love having to solve little things like this :)

but back to Utraxion. He did feel appropriae for a normal 25man. he took over 2 hours. For us it's about the pace we had in firelands normal also, and same in tier 11. about 2-3 hours per boss on normal. It's very good for a normal mode. cant ask for much more given our heroic gear.
I would respect this fight so much more if i werent pulling 5-10 fps on the lowest settings possible with my setup... and no im not using something severely outdated i have an I5 2500 with a GTX 560ti.

and yes my recount was off so were my combat logs.

I forsee hundreds of threads poping up after this travesty hits LFR
12/01/2011 07:03 PMPosted by Natura
The damage, on 10-man anyways, is also really undertuned. We 2-healed it easily.
Try that in 25man. You need 6 healers almost; the damage is crazy near the end. Though our guild is discussing whether to actually have 5 healers and bring in another dps.

12/01/2011 10:10 PMPosted by Taree
Travesty? How is it a travesty? It's honestly kind of fun.

However, you may need a new PC...5-10fps sounds like upgrade time. Not even sure how you can dps with that.

As for LFR, LOL. LFR will bash their heads against this fight so many times.
RL: "Click this button or die".
Dumb dps 1: "I clicked the button. Still died."
Dumb dps 2: "What button? I just see a weird animation there..."
Dumb dps 3: "Huh? Oh, that button's fun to play with."
RL: "Who wants to take over? I'm out..."

12/01/2011 09:43 PMPosted by Robokapp
but back to Utraxion. He did feel appropriae for a normal 25man. he took over 2 hours. For us it's about the pace we had in firelands normal also, and same in tier 11. about 2-3 hours per boss on normal. It's very good for a normal mode. cant ask for much more given our heroic gear.
Honestly fairly similar to how I feel. Except we had people still screwing up the button, which is annoying...
i wont respect him as long as I can't shred him QQ
WHY DO PEOPLE THINK PATCHWERK + A BUTTON IS HARD?
The first five bosses of Dragon Soul are a joke.

12/01/2011 10:28 PMPosted by Liax
WHY DO PEOPLE THINK PATCHWERK + A BUTTON IS HARD?

because their dps sucks
I think the DPS check on Ultraxion is almost perfect for 25man normal mode.

Pushing the button or using the macro wasn't difficult at all, however lag did cause a few deaths before people agreed to turn off recount (I was having fps drop from 60+ to 1-5fps for 10s after the Ysera buffs went out before turning off recount).
It feels excessively undertuned on 10 compared to the next three fights, specifically Madness. We killed it before we even got the buff from Nozdormu.
I would respect this fight so much more if i werent pulling 5-10 fps on the lowest settings possible with my setup... and no im not using something severely outdated i have an I5 2500 with a GTX 560ti.

and yes my recount was off so were my combat logs.

Out of curiosity what other addons were you running?
12/01/2011 10:36 PMPosted by Radial
It feels excessively undertuned on 10 compared to the next three fights, specifically Madness. We killed it before we even got the buff from Nozdormu.

I heard 25 man guilds have done it without receiving Timeloop as well, although I need to check WoL to confirm that.
12/01/2011 10:36 PMPosted by Radial

Yeah I've been hearing from quite a few friends that 10man Ultraxion's dps check wasn't anything to worry about in 378 gear.