Transmog Gun->Bow?

Hunter
I thought we were going to be able to transmogrify between different ranged weapons? I tried to transmogrify my gun to a crossbow so I could save my character's eardrums, it didn't work.
i turned my bow into a gun no problem

must be some sort of error or you're not getting it
Remember the item must have stats on it. I tried to mog from a green bow, but it wouldn't work because it didn't have any stats. Just green quality.
Remember the item must have stats on it. I tried to mog from a green bow, but it wouldn't work because it didn't have any stats. Just green quality.

That's it, thank you, was trying to transmog to Crystalpine Stinger. Nice, simple looking crossbow, but no stats unfortunately.
12/02/2011 02:49 PMPosted by Fenella

That's it, thank you, was trying to transmog to Crystalpine Stinger. Nice, simple looking crossbow, but no stats unfortunately.

Carapace Spine Crossbow is a very common drop from the first boss of Stratholme's second half. (Can't remember the exact name right now), that you get to taking the sewer entrance in central northern eastern plaguelands. It shares appearance with that.

You can then continue on while you're at it and see if you can get Deathcharger's Reins while you're in that place. It's VERY likely you'll get the crossbow on your first or second run.

Edit: Looking again, it's not an exact match. You may want to go for Blackcrow in Lower Blackrock Spire. That is EXACTLY the same appearance.
I tried to do it to "Mage-Eye" Blunderbuss to go with a blue/silver themed low level mail set I had, but found the same thing. Opted for gold/silver instead as a result :{
Thanks! Though I managed to find a crossbow which is better looking than the Stinger, Polished Zombie Exterminator -probably the best looking crossbow in the game. The Stinger is a nice model, but a little too simple. Most of the rest are too silly looking.

And Trelliae we seem to both have the same eyepatch. Its lucky I didn't do many quests on this character and was able to track it down.
Nice. I guess they didn't quite think that through.
Just a reminder everybody, when you have something in mind you want but are having a little trouble getting it, use the "same model as" feature.

Crystalpine Stinger has the same model as 34 other crossbows for example.
http://www.wowhead.com/item=13037#same-model-as
We sure do, Fenella, and you're looking great! I was lucky I thought the eyepatch was too good to vendor years ago, because it really completes the 'badass' look, especially if your gear looks like you're about to intercept and mortal strike someone.

Also, that's a good tip Wolvergreen, and one probably worth repeating in every transmogrification-related thread.
12/03/2011 03:36 AMPosted by Trellia
Also, that's a good tip Wolvergreen, and one probably worth repeating in every transmogrification-related thread.
Yeah, I thought about posting it in the general forum, but I'm feeling tired and lazy at this hour lol.

Off topic
@Trelliæ,
Did you take a bit of a break recently?
Up 'til this last week or so, I can't recall you posting for quite some time now.
'A bit' is an understatement - I've had an active subscription for most of this time, but life threw me many curveballs from which I'm only just recovering now. It's nice to be recognised/remembered :}
12/03/2011 06:21 AMPosted by Trellia
'A bit' is an understatement - I've had an active subscription for most of this time, but life threw me many curveballs from which I'm only just recovering now. It's nice to be recognised/remembered :}
Well of course I'm going to notice when one of the better forum posters isn't around as much. I know all about life throwing some fast ones at a person once in awhile, I've had my share. But I'm glad you're on the upswing though. Now if we can only figure out where Mez went...
12/02/2011 02:41 PMPosted by Brocksley

Thank you. Came here looking for this answer.
Funny: All the 'replica' gear in the fair have no stats.
12/03/2011 09:55 PMPosted by Phemoir
Funny: All the 'replica' gear in the fair have no stats.

Blizz said it should still be transmoggable
no body will probly look at this thread again but they might so here goes my question is if i transmog a gun to a bow it will completely connvert it to a bow right i mean it will shoot arrows and all right?
That's the idea.
07/20/2012 02:38 AMPosted by Lojic
That's the idea.

Checking post dates is hard.