darkmoon dungeoneer/Despoiler confirmed drops

Achievements
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
I heard they made it harder to farm by not letting 85s get stuff from low level dungeons anymore. Is that true?
yes they do reset and i did post that the mob u kill need to be green lvl or higher. so killing normal dungeons wrath dungeons or lower will not work. 2 of the quests have not reset yet and hopefully blizzard will fix it soon
I got the imbued crystal from Whitemane and not another drop after four hours of instance reset capping, including several runs at Skadi, which is green at 85 even on normal.
01/01/2012 04:00 PMPosted by Cayse
I got the imbued crystal from Whitemane and not another drop after four hours of instance reset capping, including several runs at Skadi, which is green at 85 even on normal.

So you're saying that trivial bosses in instances can still drop these things but that the drop rate is absolutely abysmal now?
Okay. I just took my girlfriend's 63 DK through Underbog. The hydra boss dropped a Monstrous Egg when she looted the dead mob.

Here's the interesting part. My 85 Hunter couldn't see nor roll on the item. But her level appropriate DK obtained it.

Looks like if I had been by myself then I wouldn't have seen the egg and it effectively wouldn't have existed.

Go go gadget using lowbie characters to farm Darkmoon artifacts.
We ran Underbog about ten times more and never saw another drop. Was hoping to get one for each of us but the drop rate is terrible.

Pretty much ruins my plan of using a lowbie in the party with the darkmoon guide and using a high level character to faceroll the dungeon, as the drop rate is so bad the lowbie threatens to out level any given dungeon.

I guess I could leave a lowbie alt at the dungeon entrance, clear up to the bosses, and then have the lowbie participate in boss kills only. Or continually deleting and leveling new alts for things like Scarlet Monastery runs. Or both.

Regardless, Blizzard has gone well out of their way to make this as unfun as humanly possible.
01/01/2012 09:52 PMPosted by Kektonic
This is ridiculously horrid design.

Isn't that part of the Blizzard manifesto when it comes to having fun?

Anyway, I too have had the "I can't get it but a low level friend can" happen in a dungeon today.

Here's the interesting part. My 85 Hunter couldn't see nor roll on the item. But her level appropriate DK obtained it.

This is ridiculously horrid design.

Agreed! -_-

I did about 10 runs of Scholo yesterday (alone) without seeing either the Grimoire or the Crystal drop from Ras or Gandling. Last Faire I got both of them in far less runs than that. Since it's seemingly broken I went ahead and got them off the AH. Yeah, that's "fun".

I understand that I can't get the raid artifact myself without raiding, but now I can't even get the dungeon artifacts WITH dungeon running. Really. That's just brilliant. At least not without fighting four other people for not one but FIVE already absurdly rare drops.

It's not going to succeed in making me do something I don't want to do, if that's the design intention. See the pvp artifacts, which I can farm, but won't, because pvp isn't fun for me in any way. So I don't even understand why this was changed.
I believe it is still possible to get it as an 85 from lower level dungeons, (no idea if blue has confirmed this as a bug or not) but if you were running your friend through, it could have worked sort of like a profession recipe dropping.

Since you already completed the quest (and it is bugged so you can't turn it in again this month atm), it only allowed your friend to roll on it since they actually needed it.

It might also not be dropping for people who have already completed it since it is a one-time quest item until Blizz fixes it, much like the tracking beacons to get the robot chicken.
Blizz wonders why people are leaving the game. I'll bet alot of people out there did just what I did, got all the books except A Treatise on Strategy. And all was deleted because you didn't apply them at one time. What a waste of peoples time.
I believe it is still possible to get it as an 85 from lower level dungeons, (no idea if blue has confirmed this as a bug or not) but if you were running your friend through, it could have worked sort of like a profession recipe dropping.

Since you already completed the quest (and it is bugged so you can't turn it in again this month atm), it only allowed your friend to roll on it since they actually needed it.

It might also not be dropping for people who have already completed it since it is a one-time quest item until Blizz fixes it, much like the tracking beacons to get the robot chicken.

Both interesting theories. Perhaps I'll take another 85 out and attempt to farm for artifacts. Of course it will take me several hours to be able to determine if I'm just seeing bad luck or if these drops behave the way I think they do.

It's also really difficult to figure out what is a bug and what is intended when it comes to these things dropping at this point. It would be really nice if a blue would come out and address the situation. But I'm not getting my hopes up on that happening.

Perhaps you're right in that I literally cannot make these items drop as my main because I've handed one in this month already. That would be phenomenally stupid and destroy their concept of being able to farm the items during the rest of the month. But again, without confirmation it's impossible to say. This literally undermines the entire purpose of the drops since it means the people who are trying to farm them are rendered unable to farm them. Then the AH prices go up due to rarity. And everyone loses.

This is some of the worst execution I've seen in a long, long time.
01/01/2012 08:05 PMPosted by Aeolyn

So you're saying that trivial bosses in instances can still drop these things but that the drop rate is absolutely abysmal now?

It could have just been a flat out bug that I got it from Whitemane since she's grey, but a lot of people in my guild were doing solo UP runs and not one of them got an egg.

With the BG drop turnins still not being fixed, I really don't think I'm going to bother with the Faire at all. The idea of having to sit through groups in instances I absolutely do not want to do for a tiny chance of getting one. If it was a guaranteed drop, or a multi-loot then maybe. Maybe.

But dealing with another Raid Finder-esque looting situation? No. Just no. At all.
01/02/2012 03:14 PMPosted by Mer
I ran about 30 heroic dungeons across all my characters last night (all carrying the DMF dungeon guide thing) and I didn't see any of the quest items drop. I wasn't exactly expecting to see a Treatise on my first night, but I didn't see eggs, grimoires, weapons, nada. This is just stupid.

I've only seen one Treatise drop.... First boss in Vortex Pinnacle heroic..... Some scrub priest who had been wielding a fishing pole until some time after that boss won it >_>.
So lemme get this straight; I only have 2 characters and both are 85, so in order to get the lower level items for this each month I have to level a new toon and run through the dungeons at the appropriate level and, since said toon will no longer be the appropriate level next month, I have to level a new toon next month for this?

No thank you, I'll skip these monthly quests.

I guess I'll just have more time to spend on SWTOR now, thank you Blizzard.

Note to self: Call broker and sell stocks in Activision and buy Bioware.