4.3 chim eye rip off.....

Professions
So we only get 33 of our primary stat from our profession now, thanks blizz.

(some1 may already have a rant going but w/e)
Yeah, Chimera Eyes have to be modified.

Of course, at this point, nobody has any epic gems, so it doesn't matter yet.

...but it will.
If epic gems only come from geodes, then JC won't be at a disadvantage for another few weeks yet. Even then, it will likely only be those individuals who can afford the outgageous prices for epic queens rubies.
yeah there is just no sense to this blizzard srsly wtf?
as long as you still have 3 or less rare gems you arnt at any disadvantage which according to bliz will be most of the tier.

my guess is there will be some mid tier patch that rebalances professions and will make epic gems much more available(JP/honor vendors and such).
It won't be long before Jewelcrafting becomes a useless profession from losing the bonus. I understand that it might be a couple months before we've replaced all of our rare gems with epic ones. The Chimera's Eye gems will need to be buffed when that becomes possible. I'd really hate to have to re-roll a profession that I've had since the start of Wrath. But if JC doesn't get buffed, it might have to happen.
I'm not expecting much. Every other xpac has had epic gems without changes to the value of the JC specialty gems. We have had this issue for years, with no considerations. We never get patterns for anything other than epic gems in the patches... and this time around we failed to even get any epics to craft.
Alchemy and inscription tends to get similarly ignored in patches. Engineering would probably be the next most ignored. They don't lose from their buff value due to it though.
I also understand that many people think it's fine since we are 'gold mining' prof's... but it does get annoying. Oh well, I'll probably stick with it for this patch, and see if MoP offers any hope for the JC. If not, then likely I will be switching to something of more benefit.
Oh, and Pidger... I hear ya. I've had this guy JC since it came out. I don't want to go into something new, but it's looking more and more like the benefits just aren't going to be in JC unless you are looking to make gold.
11/29/2011 04:56 PMPosted by Jairone
Every other xpac has had epic gems without changes to the value of the JC specialty gems

thats not true in all, all profession bonuses were updated when epic gems came out in wrath.

there were no bonuses like we have no in BC to be rebalanced.
I've made almost 20,000 gold in three hours. I'll just drown my tears in gold and be fine.
How nice for you! Once again the people that raid get the gold. I just bought 8 new
jc patterns before discovering there worthless to me since I don't raid.
Almost positive they were aware of this beforehand and didn't wanna change the chimera's eye right away to give JC's a big advantage in the first few weeks. I'm sure they plan on adjusting it.

Of course I could be wrong.
Now blacksmithing gives +100, JC gives +51 (Which is 67*3-50*3).

Both of these should be giving +80.

It may seem small, but people have power-leveled new professions for less.
11/29/2011 10:02 PMPosted by Arnathis
Almost positive they were aware of this beforehand and didn't wanna change the chimera's eye right away to give JC's a big advantage in the first few weeks. I'm sure they plan on adjusting it.

This. At the moment, if they buffed Jewelcrafting Gems to be at a level assuming everyone is fully decked out in epic gems would make Jewelcrafting even more over-powered than it was prior to 4.3 (+81 selected stat versus +80 everywhere else). I think they will likely have to adjust things halfway through 4.3 as people get more epic gems... Really everything (excluding Blacksmithing) perhaps needs some sort of buff because Blacksmiths now get +100 selected stat with two extra epic gems. I hope balance will come. We'll see.
but the blacksmiths wont see this advantage untill they have all their other 10 or more sockets filled with epics.
i have lots of moneyz and plan to fill out epic gems in my gear. so.. please change chimaera eyes. cuz its not fair. :b please :D
How nice for you! Once again the people that raid get the gold. I just bought 8 new jc patterns before discovering there worthless to me since I don't raid.

I made 30k last night, and didn't cut a single epic gem (nor did I participate in any of the new content).

The epic JC patterns are for cutting gems. If you don't have any gems to cut, it is your own fault that you see those cuts as worthless.

Now blacksmithing gives +100, JC gives +51 (Which is 67*3-50*3).

Both of these should be giving +80.

It may seem small, but people have power-leveled new professions for less.

Blacksmithing has the potential to give 100 stats, but it won't until you fill every socket on all of your gear with epic gems. Jewelcrafting has the potential to only provide 51 stats as a profession perk, but it won't until you have every socket filled with epic gems, plus three additional epic gems sitting in the bank to "replace" the rare quality JC gems.

Of course I could be wrong.

Or they could just make it so that epic chimeras cost an epic gem to make/buy - which fixes the problem but doesn't give JCs an initial +30 bonus - like multiple people here have been suggesting for months.
11/30/2011 10:59 AMPosted by Mondragon
Or they could just make it so that epic chimeras cost an epic gem to make/buy - which fixes the problem but doesn't give JCs an initial +30 bonus - like multiple people here have been suggesting for months.

I agree with you on this. Would have been a nice solution to compensate for the lack of communication between the profession developers and the players. However, it honestly would have been just as big a headache as everyone would be complaining about wasting tokens on new cuts (or worse, not being able to make the old 67 stat gems after the pattern was upgraded).
It won't be long before Jewelcrafting becomes a useless profession from losing the bonus.

I like the implicit assumption that having an automatic +30 stat point bonus at the very start of the patch is nothing to worry about balancing. But a difference of -30 stat points later on in the patch (when our base stats will of course be noticeably higher) will render the profession "useless".

All this hyperventilating is going to look pretty silly in retrospect.
11/29/2011 05:22 PMPosted by Higeki
I've made almost 20,000 gold in three hours. I'll just drown my tears in gold and be fine.

That's good cause it's going to cost you about 20.000 gold for each new epic gem on the AH, at least for the first few weeks.