4.3 chim eye rip off.....

Professions
11/30/2011 11:45 AMPosted by Jozie
Or they could just make it so that epic chimeras cost an epic gem to make/buy - which fixes the problem but doesn't give JCs an initial +30 bonus - like multiple people here have been suggesting for months.

I agree with you on this. Would have been a nice solution to compensate for the lack of communication between the profession developers and the players. However, it honestly would have been just as big a headache as everyone would be complaining about wasting tokens on new cuts (or worse, not being able to make the old 67 stat gems after the pattern was upgraded).

Since you can't sell cut chimeras, you would only be buying one pattern. Or they could just make the cuts trainer-bought. Either way, it's not a big issue.
Need to point out that JC giving 51 stats at max level is not fair when you conisder you only need to level Blacksmithing to 400 to get 100 bonus stats
you only need to level Blacksmithing to 400 and replace every single gem you have with epics to get 100 bonus stats

Fixed it to more correctly reflect how little you have to do to get 100 bonus stats.
The sky isn't falling, they will update the Chimera's eyes when ever they feel that raiders have had "enough" time to accumulate mostly epic gems

Otherise Jewecrafting would have 3 free epics to start the patch, be the only non riaders to have epics and become the profession of choice for PvPers
11/30/2011 07:12 AMPosted by Jozie
How nice for you! Once again the people that raid get the gold. I just bought 8 new jc patterns before discovering there worthless to me since I don't raid.

I made 30k last night, and didn't cut a single epic gem (nor did I participate in any of the new content).

Im gona go ahed and call BS. Theres no way that in one day of farming you made 30k off of JC without doing anything with epic jems.

Inferno rubies on my sever are down to 50g each and have never been over 300g even at the very start of the expansion. JC's have been screwed over this expac at every turn and its getting irritating. At least allow jc's to prospect the geodes and have a higher chance at obtaining an epic jem or somthing!.
11/30/2011 01:25 PMPosted by Dreadvg

I made 30k last night, and didn't cut a single epic gem (nor did I participate in any of the new content).

Im gona go ahed and call BS. Theres no way that in one day of farming you made 30k off of JC without doing anything with epic jems.

Inferno rubies on my sever are down to 50g each and have never been over 300g even at the very start of the expansion. JC's have been screwed over this expac at every turn and its getting irritating. At least allow jc's to prospect the geodes and have a higher chance at obtaining an epic jem or somthing!.

Servers can be very different, inferno Rubies were selling for between 200-300G uncut on my server Prepatch, which is actually what they are about right now, i would expect them to go up to 300ish in a week or two
11/29/2011 05:22 PMPosted by Higeki
I've made almost 20,000 gold in three hours. I'll just drown my tears in gold and be fine.

Damn, really? Idiots on my server are cutting gems and selling them for less than the raw gem price!!! Too many derps with JC on my server I suppose.
Oh, and what annoys me most about this is Blizz completely ignoring this issue and letting it go live. It's no wonder they're losing so many subs...
I haven't come close to making 20 or 30k but I do have a stockpile of about 500 uncut Infernos that I'm slowly dumping on the market. Right now the prices have increased by about 50% but there is still plenty of competition. I'm playing the market a bit conservative atm hoping that in a week most people will have burnt through their backlog and then the price should climb higher and I'll have less competition. Between that and the backlog of nearly 5k stacks of obsidium/elementium sitting in my mailbox(that I paid 40-55g a stack prior to the patch) I'm confident that I'll easily make 50k in profits in the coming weeks.

Hmm. I logged in last night with two 36 slots filled with gems. A 22 mostly full stacks of gems in my bags. Four 36 slot bags of pyrite plus another bags worth sitting in my mail. Whatever the default bank tab offers in space for carnelian rubies. And of course, rigid and solid oceans sapphires alone were selling for 100g each, not sure how high the cut inferno rubies got.

Of course, that was all just on my JC. My enchanter, who has been turning uncommon gems into dust also had 8 stacks of heavenly shards, 3 stacks of maelstrom crystals, 3-4 bags worth of essences, and so much freaking dust that I had to post it to the AH repeatedly just so I could clean out my mailbox.

I honestly don't care if you believe me or not, and success varies by server. But I logged in after work with 260k gold, and I went to bed with 290k gold.
11/30/2011 01:25 PMPosted by Dreadvg
Inferno rubies on my sever are down to 50g each

You don't need to lie to make a point. Reds are pretty low on your server but still 2-3 times what you're claiming. JC is a goldmine right now. Anyone not make money hand over fist since the patch hit are doing something horribly wrong.
JC was balenced with other proffesions there was no real OP one. Maybe there are couple of weak ones depending on your class and spec but over all ballenced. I really hope they change this.
Inferno rubies on my sever are down to 50g each

You don't need to lie to make a point. Reds are pretty low on your server but still 2-3 times what you're claiming. JC is a goldmine right now. Anyone not make money hand over fist since the patch hit are doing something horribly wrong.

Wrong. Like I already said, on my server for some reason people are selling cut gems for more than the raw ones, and the mats to prospect the gems are too high to justify prospecting them. Even if you were to do so, the market is so flooded right now that you'd have to keep reposting your gems aggressively every 5-10mins to sell them.
11/30/2011 01:44 PMPosted by Asçendant
Oh, and what annoys me most about this is Blizz completely ignoring this issue and letting it go live. It's no wonder they're losing so many subs...

Blizzard had a choice. Let it go live as is, and worry about the issue in a few weeks if not months, once people had enough epic gems to fill the 15-20 sockets in T13 gear, or GIVE jewelcrafters three free epic gems, pushing everyone to reroll JC.

Personally, I am happy I don't have compitition from all the rerolls.
I'm trying to figure out...is this all we get? Something that most players will never see, for JCing? No jewelery, no nothing. I didn't even bother getting but 2 of the ilvl346 ring and neck recipes. Woopdie dooo they lasted a couple weeks then were replaced for most people.

My question stands: Really?!? Is this all we are going to get as JCers!? What am I suppose to do with the 400+ tokens that are rotting away on my 3 JCers? OK, that's the extreme, but alot of folks have well over 100 tokens and not a dang thing to do with them!!

WTS Chimera's Eyes 10g each PST! /sarcasm off
I'm trying to figure out...is this all we get? Something that most players will never see, for JCing? No jewelery, no nothing. I didn't even bother getting but 2 of the ilvl346 ring and neck recipes. Woopdie dooo they lasted a couple weeks then were replaced for most people.

My question stands: Really?!? Is this all we are going to get as JCers!? What am I suppose to do with the 400+ tokens that are rotting away on my 3 JCers? OK, that's the extreme, but alot of folks have well over 100 tokens and not a dang thing to do with them!!

WTS Chimera's Eyes 10g each PST! /sarcasm off

Cut rare gems and profit? Seriously, jewelcrafting is still the most profitable profession in the game and it still provides 81 points worth of stats if you don't care about the gold.
11/30/2011 02:11 PMPosted by Jozie
Cut rare gems and profit? Seriously, jewelcrafting is still the most profitable profession in the game and it still provides 81 points worth of stats if you don't care about the gold.

This^
I don't care about gem profit. I want to make newer stuff, like most of the other 'non-gathering' professions do. Well, Alchemy I don't think got anything either, or did they?

Selling gems is too tedious. I can make 10x as much gold with enchanting scrolls (bigger bang for buck). I can sit there for 3 hours camping gems, and then go and make 10 times as much in a half hour with enchanting.

Gems are as bad, if not worse, as glyphs on our server, heh.

Edit: I'm starting to think I should have put my original reply on that other guy's good post about why the new way of getting gems is bad, for all types of players.
as long as you still have 3 or less rare gems you arnt at any disadvantage which according to bliz will be most of the tier.

There's already 5 pages of gems on my realm around 3k a peice, and I'm sure theyll drop within a week or 2. So no, like most people predicted, it wont take most of 4.3 to gem.