4.3 chim eye rip off.....

Professions
11/30/2011 01:58 PMPosted by Asçendant
Wrong

You do realise it takes about 10 seconds to check on you?

http://theunderminejournal.com/category.php?realm=H-Cho%27gall&category=jewelcrafting

If you had brought uncuts 3 days ago at 99g then currently your making 70g per gem.

11/30/2011 05:17 PMPosted by Rapsidy
So no, like most people predicted, it wont take most of 4.3 to gem.

It seemed extraordinary high. But yea 60 odd gems, Reds @11k Greens @2k. The no 2 guild on your server has allready full cleared and are all selling gems. A dps caster could get a full set in the right colors for only 100k gold omg...

But again these are averages. if Heroic rag raider is selling gems they cant wear them themselves. If you can sell gems now for 10k and buy them back in 4 weeks for 5k when you actually have gear worth using them on is it a bad idea to sell?

The drop rates seem like on average a full clear is going to net you 1-2 gems. Blizzard don't care about the guy who drops 100k on the AH or clears DS on 3 alts. They care about the fact that in say 3 months buffing chimera eyes with be a 30 stat upgrade for 95% of JC and bring the other 5% back into parity.

11/30/2011 06:57 PMPosted by Mate
Wrong

You do realise it takes about 10 seconds to check on you?

http://theunderminejournal.com/category.php?realm=H-Cho%27gall&category=jewelcrafting

If you had brought uncuts 3 days ago at 99g then currently your making 70g per gem.

Lol, oh, well in that case let me go back in time and buy out gems before the patch. Oh, wait, no time traveling device. Darn.
Lol, oh, well in that case let me go back in time and buy out gems before the patch because i have no foresight and no clue about how to make gold

Fixed for you.

The AH is not their to just hand everybody gold. Some players had some foresight, they can afford to sell at a price that make them no profit based off current prices. They are making gold, you are not.

According to you I should be complaining because peerless stat to chest is selling for 602g and the mats for Peerless stats for also 603g and yes I have a couple of scrolls for sale at that price. But I am not because one week after maelstrom shatter was added to game the mats where 270g and I brought 30 stacks. If I sell it all at that price that means a 54k gold windfall. Thank you very much all those players who did not think ahead.

Fixed for you.

The AH is not their to just hand everybody gold. Some players had some foresight, they can afford to sell at a price that make them no profit based off current prices. They are making gold, you are not.

According to you I should be complaining because peerless stat to chest is selling for 602g and the mats for Peerless stats for also 603g and yes I have a couple of scrolls for sale at that price. But I am not because one week after maelstrom shatter was added to game the mats where 270g and I brought 30 stacks. If I sell it all at that price that means a 54k gold windfall. Thank you very much all those players who did not think ahead.

Buying gems in advance would've been a gamble. There was datamining that indicated the possiblity of alchemists being able to transmute. That would've severely decreased the value of blues right off the bat. If you bought blues in advance, you lucked out. Don't try to give yourself any more credit than that.

Now enchanting mats was a sensible investment, and one I did personally. Don't just assume because I don't gamble means I don't know how to make gold.
Oh, and what annoys me most about this is Blizz completely ignoring this issue and letting it go live. It's no wonder they're losing so many subs...

Blizzard had a choice. Let it go live as is, and worry about the issue in a few weeks if not months, once people had enough epic gems to fill the 15-20 sockets in T13 gear, or GIVE jewelcrafters three free epic gems, pushing everyone to reroll JC.

Will you please stop stupidly repeating this over and over again? I've already explained how this wouldn't be the case. Stop infecting other people with your ignorance.

Blizzard had a choice. Let it go live as is, and worry about the issue in a few weeks if not months, once people had enough epic gems to fill the 15-20 sockets in T13 gear, or GIVE jewelcrafters three free epic gems, pushing everyone to reroll JC.

Will you please stop stupidly repeating this over and over again? I've already explained how this wouldn't be the case. Stop infecting other people with your ignorance.

Lol, seriously. Like people were going to all reroll JC just to have a slight competitive edge for a few weeks, maybe a month or so at best. Besides, the comment this person made of "three free epic gems" makes it quite clear they are clueless. Hello, professions are SUPPOSED to give you a slight bonus?
11/29/2011 05:22 PMPosted by Higeki
I've made almost 20,000 gold in three hours. I'll just drown my tears in gold and be fine.

This!

There are sooooooo many people in this game with more money than good sense. And I love them. <3
Now blacksmithing gives +100, JC gives +51 (Which is 67*3-50*3).

Both of these should be giving +80.

It may seem small, but people have power-leveled new professions for less.

idk why everyones mat at 61x3 but yeah... it = 181, moreover to fix your stats its....

(3 chimcuts) 61+61+61=181
(3 epic cuts) 50+50+50=150

181-150=31...... not 51 >.<
There was datamining that indicated the possiblity of alchemists being able to transmute. That would've severely decreased the value of blues right off the bat.

Umm no, every indication was that the transmute would not be in live on release. It was a gamble on par with crossing the road. The patch notes had no mention of a transmute, Blue had not mentioned a transmute, their was no recipe on trainer or vendor and no known ingredients, ie their was no transmute.
(3 chimcuts) 61+61+61=181
(3 epic cuts) 50+50+50=150

181-150=31...... not 51 >.<

JC gems are +67. No idea where 61 is from.

12/01/2011 02:21 PMPosted by Mate
There was datamining that indicated the possiblity of alchemists being able to transmute. That would've severely decreased the value of blues right off the bat.

Umm no, every indication was that the transmute would not be in live on release. It was a gamble on par with crossing the road. The patch notes had no mention of a transmute, Blue had not mentioned a transmute, their was no recipe on trainer or vendor and no known ingredients, ie their was no transmute.

Umm, yes. There was no patch notes on any of the other additions to the professions either, many of which did go live, so you don't seem to have all your facts straight here. Go ahead and show me where in any of Blizzards patch notes there was any indication of the new profession updates (for example, the maelstrom shatter for enchanting). Here is their patch notes to make it easier for you: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3964563/43_Hour_of_Twilight_Patch_Notes-12_1_2011

There are tons of things they left out for us to find out on our own. It seems like the patch was just slopped together. So fact is, you really didn't know what to expect, so stop acting as if you had any clue, cause you are just digging yourself deeper and deeper. You gambled and wish ever so much that you had a clue when in fact, you didn't. End... of... story. :)
Same applies to all the other professions that give stats. Enchanting, Leatherworking, Alchemy only gives +80. So maybe all the professions will get pumped up to par with Blacksmithing seeing that with its 2 sockets gives +100 :D

Umm, yes. There was no patch notes on any of the other additions to the professions either, many of which did go live, so you don't seem to have all your facts straight here. Go ahead and show me where in any of Blizzards patch notes there was any indication of the new profession updates (for example, the maelstrom shatter for enchanting). Here is their patch notes to make it easier for you: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3964563/43_Hour_of_Twilight_Patch_Notes-12_1_2011

There are tons of things they left out for us to find out on our own. It seems like the patch was just slopped together. So fact is, you really didn't know what to expect, so stop acting as if you had any clue, cause you are just digging yourself deeper and deeper. You gambled and wish ever so much that you had a clue when in fact, you didn't. End... of... story. :)

Mate didn't say patch notes were the only source for coming up with an educated guess as to what was going live. I underlined the big one for you. Maelstrom shatter that you mentioned WAS obtainable from the trainer on the PTR. Every other recipe had mats on their recipes, the transmute did not. That is how and why those of us making mad bank right now didn't see it as a gamble stockpiling rubies, we were 99% sure the transmute for epics wasn't going live. Oh, and what if the transmutes would have gone live? We were 99% sure inferno ruby would have been one of the mats so any way you look at it we were going to come out ahead. No clairvoyance or time machine required, just half a brain.

End...of...story.
12/05/2011 11:31 AMPosted by Asçendant
Umm, yes. There was no patch notes on any of the other additions to the professions either, many of which did go live, so you don't seem to have all your facts straight here.

The people who know what they are talking about here - which includes Mate but not you - play extensively on the PTR, read the cutting edge information sites like MMO-Champion, and participate in discussions here about the content we discover there for weeks ahead of the actual release. The patch notes are nothing more than a highlights package. The full list of expected changes is however well known to the playerbase before the patch hits, and any diversions from that that go Live are quickly observed and also known. It is impossible to have surprises in a large MMO unless you deliberately avoid finding stuff out.

Datamining revealed a placeholder recipe ID but with no attached recipe for the transmutes. There was never anything more than that on the PTR, nor has any further development gone Live. It is a good indication that there will be in the future transmute recipes for epic gems. When they go Live it will be necessary to update profession buffs with the assumption that everybody wil have epic gems. Both should be done at the same time. This is obvious to anyone who understands game balance, which includes Blizzard, but not nearly enough people in this thread.
it seems that every other profession give around the same advantages. but now with the gem upgradeing Jc goes from giving 81 extra stats to 51. while other porfessions still give out the same advantages. I do belive that bliz did this back in warth as well after coming out with epic gems. we will just have to wait till bliz thinks that most people have good epic gems. then Jc will get there Chims upgrades to were they should be. they dont want JC to be super overpowered off the bat for 4.3, with the overpricing of the new epic gems. so the faster the prices drop, the faster people get epic gems, the faster we get out upgrades to 77s over 67 chims.
Frankly, I make plenty of gold off the patch but would love to make even more with new recipes or cuts:)

My big concern is for my mage which is the JC and main raiding toon. Frankly with no increases to the JC bonus there is really no sense in keeping the profession if I want to compete with other raiders. Within my raiding group none of us got an epic gem after exchanging 30 motes . . . almost everyone received a green. At least they are dropping as there are at least a dozen on sale in the AH for high prices. I'm sure when heroics start the new gems will be equipped on new gear.

The thing is . . . I don't want luck to play that big of a factor in bonus stats when competing against other raiders. Even if each raider received equal amount of epic gems my profession will be less valuable as other profs with maintain a full bonus gain over mine. Until the profession gets back it's bonus I may have to dump JC for another prof to get that bonus back. I"ll wait until I get that first epic gem drop or I start seeing fellow raiders equipping them before switching my prof. But if it should happen prior to upgrading the Chims then you can be sure that my mage will no longer be a JC.

I understand why they can't upgrade the Chim as it would certainly be op for JCs. I guess that the concept of epic gems being a chance drop should have been considered more carefully regarding the impact to the profession itself. Then again perhaps they did but figured it was worthwhile despite driving people from the profession.

Until a blacksmith is in full epics they have no advantage over JC's. When they are in full epic gems, they will also have an advantage over all the other professions and I cannot imagine Blizzard not making things equal for everyone at that point.

Until then.... I've passed the 300,000 gold earned since since 4.3 went live mark... and the gold is still coming in at the rate of thousands and thousands a day.

If you cannot understand balance issues and the huge advantages that jewelcrafters have enjoyed since BC, then by all means, go become a blacksmith.
12/05/2011 12:18 PMPosted by Thrugg
The people who know what they are talking about here - which includes Mate but not you - play extensively on the PTR, read the cutting edge information sites like MMO-Champion, and participate in discussions here about the content we discover there for weeks ahead of the actual release.

Lol, grow up kid. For starters, get some real gear before you try to criticize. Secondly, cutting edge information includes datamining, which is what unveiled the information for gem transmutes. Nobody knew for sure whether or not it was going to go live or not. Anyone who claimed otherwise was full of it. There was just as many knowledgable players who thought it would go live as those who didn't. 0 for 1 so far.

12/05/2011 12:18 PMPosted by Thrugg
The patch notes are nothing more than a highlights package.

Lmao, completely and utterly fail (and inaccurate). Look at patch notes from my link to previous patches. When there was changes to professions in any way, they were always listed in the patch notes. This is how it has always been done in the past patches. This was the first patch I've seen where profession changes and additions were left out of official patch notes. Yea, note they label them "official" patch notes, not "highlight" patch notes. 0 for 2.

The full list of expected changes is however well known to the playerbase before the patch hits, and any diversions from that that go Live are quickly observed and also known. It is impossible to have surprises in a large MMO unless you deliberately avoid finding stuff out.

Lol, again you have no idea what you're talking about. Many addon developers were left in the dark on data changes in the game and as such, it took some addons a while to become fully functional again. A perfect example of this was auctioneer. There were several others affected by this, and just check information on curse to see that they were complaining blizz did not update them in the forums about data changes. Looks like you're 0 for 3 here. You backed the wrong guy ;).