We want the devs to "get" factions.

General Discussion
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 Next
I've done both factions quests in the 1-60 zones... and the biggest difference is the questgivers, towns and quest text in any zone that both horde and alliance players can quest in - not actual content. To say otherwise, I'd be biased.

So ... I cant say otherwise I guess... lol you know how to end a discussion. Well, I know numerous of Alliance players who went Horde only becuz it is more fun to play, becuz the content is there. When you quest past lvl 60 zone you see differently. Cata was so much beter on Horde. But I guess I am biased, like every humain being, it is called an opinion.

I wish Horde and Alliance was both equaly enjoyable, but some ppl like one faction more than an other. I am just sad I had to quite the Alliance, or I'd have to quite playing.
Please explain how Vanilla was Alliance-favored...? My second 60 was a troll hunter. Every Horde quest had you killing Alliance directly or their allies, while Alliance quests dealt with internal problems.

ZG, MC, BWL, Ony, AQ, and Naxx were all fairly neutral, but I'll point out that one of the biggest events in the game - the AQ war effort aka Might of Kalimdor - was lead by none other than Varok Saurfang. A major Horde lore character, as opposed to some neutral Cenarion guy.

But no, please explain how Vanilla favored the Alliance or how Wrath did as well.
12/01/2011 12:41 PMPosted by Nujalik
I've done both factions quests in the 1-60 zones... and the biggest difference is the questgivers, towns and quest text in any zone that both horde and alliance players can quest in - not actual content. To say otherwise, I'd be biased.

So ... I cant say otherwise I guess... lol you know how to end a discussion. Well, I know numerous of Alliance players who went Horde only becuz it is more fun to play, becuz the content is there. When you quest past lvl 60 zone you see differently. Cata was so much beter on Horde. But I guess I am biased, like every humain being, it is called an opinion.

The Forsaken quest line alone betrays his words as nonsense. The Alliance gets nothing at all like that.

That in a nutshell is what's ticking people off. The. Horde gets a better storyline about an Alliance race the the Alliance does! Complete with the DEATH of a faction leader (though temporary). And it all ties into a dungeon that you never really appreciate unless you've played the mentioned Horde storyline.

The Forsaken quest line alone betrays his words as nonsense. The Alliance gets nothing at all like that.

That in a nutshell is what's ticking people off. The. Horde gets a better storyline about an Alliance race the the Alliance does! Complete with the DEATH of a faction leader (though temporary). And it all ties into a dungeon that you never really appreciate unless you've played the mentioned Horde storyline.

The Gilneas thing isn't about both sides questing in the same zone at the same time.. so it doesn't count for what I said.

12/01/2011 12:45 PMPosted by Alexta
But no, please explain how Vanilla favored the Alliance or how Wrath did as well.

Vanilla definitely had more content for the alliance than for the horde. I won't comment on Wrath.
Please explain how Vanilla was Alliance-favored...? My second 60 was a troll hunter. Every Horde quest had you killing Alliance directly or their allies, while Alliance quests dealt with internal problems.

ZG, MC, BWL, Ony, AQ, and Naxx were all fairly neutral, but I'll point out that one of the biggest events in the game - the AQ war effort aka Might of Kalimdor - was lead by none other than Varok Saurfang. A major Horde lore character, as opposed to some neutral Cenarion guy.

Your kidding right the Alliance had majority of the Onyxia questline along with the follow up that brought you to BWL. Onyxia actually invades stormwind in their version. Horde just went around randomly killing dragons for their attunement.
12/01/2011 10:34 AMPosted by Bomdanil
I believe Metzen's exact words were "Damn it, buy a kindle".

I went with a B&N Nook Tablet myself.

The quote still makes Metzen out to be an !@#$%^-.

The story of the GAME should be told thru the GAME. Books and such should be ancillary material, not the main story line. Otherwise, why pay $$/month to play, when I can just read the books?

BTW, I do own most of the books, some good, some awful. And the problem I see: The Alliance ONLY evolves thru the books.
Also..it seems alliance always loses its big lore frontrunners to either death, or them defecting to a neutral faction.

And Thrall...he was warchief OF THE HORDE...even Garrosh is warchief OF THE HORDE.

Varian...he is hardly the king of SW and certainly not of the alliance.
Your kidding right the Alliance had majority of the Onyxia questline along with the follow up that brought you to BWL. Onyxia actually invades stormwind in their version. Horde just went around randomly killing dragons for their attunement.

Unlike you, I actually did the Ony attunement quest on the Alliance side. She doesn't attack Stormwind, it's just revealed that Katrana Prestor is Onyxia, and Marshal Windsor dies in the process.

So... that apparently makes the entire classic WoW Alliance biased. No sir, I'm not kidding, but you must be.

What about the quests involving Rend Blackhand and his consequent conflict with Thrall's "new" Horde and the 'old' Horde Rend controls?? The entire BRS (both upper and lower) has more Horde lore to it.
It's a shame because Varian could be a compelling character. He's got the backstory for it. There is no reason for him not to be Thralls equal in terms of the quality and depth of his storyline...

...except that the Devs don't care about him as much.
These are obvious to anyone who has ever read a book beyond Go Dog, Go! but it's not the point. Nor is counting territories lost, conflicts won, defeats suffered the point. And this is why these threads continue to exist: you either refuse to see or just don't actually get the point.

We recognize that struggle is necessary. We, the Alliance, want the struggle. We want the conflict. We want the fight. We want the hardship.

I think you're speaking for yourself here, because dozens of capped threads have been made on the exact points Dave brought up, and you claim no one is concerned with.

In many of those capped threads there is a very strong contingent that support exactly what the OP is saying. In fact, the later pages and versions of the Theramore in Flames threads were people reiterating the same idea against those who were countering with numbers and scorecards on who won/lost or has what area.

He is far from alone in his stance, and he certainly speaks for more than himself.
So I've read many, MANY of these threads, most of which has been a waste of my time. It seems to me that you guys want every single quest in the game to be much like the Death Knight starting zones where in Tirion or Varion are right there telling you what to do next, some quests having cinema scenes, and getting to have giant battles like the one at Lights Hope Chapel. If this is really the case, I think you are probably going to be disappointed at every turn because I can guarantee that it took a LOT of time and resources to make that happen.

If any blues are reading this, maybe you should tell everyone complaining how long it took to do the DK quest line (that lasted about a couple hours) that I mentioned and how much they would have to pay for the massive task of making every quest in the game epic quality. It might make a difference.
So I've read many, MANY of these threads, most of which has been a waste of my time. It seems to me that you guys want every single quest in the game to be much like the Death Knight starting zones where in Tirion or Varion are right there telling you what to do next, some quests having cinema scenes, and getting to have giant battles like the one at Lights Hope Chapel. If this is really the case, I think you are probably going to be disappointed at every turn because I can guarantee that it took a LOT of time and resources to make that happen.

I think you may have read 1-2 responses and are just heavily generalizing. While awesome, that's not what people are asking for. Alliance players just want to be involved in the story.
12/01/2011 01:33 PMPosted by Alexta

I think you may have read 1-2 responses and are just heavily generalizing. While awesome, that's not what people are asking for. Alliance players just want to be involved in the story.

I think you are going to have to find a different way of saying what you really want because if that is not what you want, I for one am just confused because it seems like we all are far more involved in the story then most MMOs. And no, I have read 20+ that have seemed like that is what is desired and the other 50+ have been whine whine whine, blah blah blah.

So stop saying what IS happening or not and complaining about it and start saying what you really want specifically.
Did you play Wrath of the Lich King?

I understand Cataclysm has been horde heavy in some respects, but let's not rewrite history.

I could kiss you right now.
And I'll add, have any of you played AV?
You make a good point Bashiok, I didn't think about it from that perspective. I am just getting tired of seeing the flood of "we don't like what is happening" and "OMG Horde favoritism!" and really wanting to see something that would quiet all this.

I for one think everything is smooth and fun. No other MMO compares and I don't see any "Thanks for the awesome game!" threads, so I thought I'd let you know there are a lot of us that think it is just that.