Can we please make str and agl chars not roll

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
On each others loot please from LFR? Just watched a hunter get a str ring and DK the agl trinket... yay
can we please read blue posts and not keep making new threads about this instead?

To help clarify which items you will or will not be able to roll on based on the role you entered the raid in, we have some basic guidelines that we've followed that should help you anticipate which items you'll receive the roll bonus on.

DPS:
Mostly everything that doesn’t have a tank stat on it

it's important you're aware of the loot rules as due to the automated distribution system our support department will not be able to assist with any loot disputes while using Raid Finder.
Naa more posts good
The Blizzard post has to do with who gets the +100 roll.

The issue here is about who is allowed to roll "need" in the first place.

Blizzard has stated that since agility and strength both benefit all physical damage-dealers, that all classes that have a physical damage spec can roll on jewelry and weapons that have either strength or agility. It might even be an upgrade, especially at low levels where the itemization is wonky. So, this is intentional.

Note that cloth wearers can't roll need on strength/agility items, and paladins are the only plate class that can roll need on intellect items.

I'm with you, though. After level 60 or so, plate users shouldn't be allowed to roll "need" on agility items, and agility users shouldn't be allowed to roll "need" on strength items.
I completely agree with op.

I rarely have this problem because im heals but i see it all too often. Crap hunters rolling on a str ring, tard dks rolling on agility gear.

I understand blizz wants upgrades to be available to everyone, but i also feel that allowing idiots to need on those is a mistake and just encourages incorrect gearing. Purple from blue does nto mean upgrade and you cant teach the !@#$% this so just stop allowing them to make the error.

I really dont see the issue or any downfall with banning hunters and rogues from str rings/trinks/necks and banning dks and ret pallies from needing agi gear. The only outcome is less complaining and more dps....Just do it already blizz. Shyza.
From the 4.3 Raid Finder Loot Rules :
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3595574840

11/23/2011 01:44 PMPosted by Bashiok
Unfortunately the system is currently unable to detect spec, and so this creates some issues for classes that utilize stats that are not "common" to that role.

"Unable to detect spec" means that the Need/Greed roller does not know that you are a hunter.

The Need/Greed roller only knows what "role icon" you have by your portrait.

Yes, it sucks.

Hopefully it will get better in Mists of Kung Fu Panda.
Yeah assuming people wont be douche bags and press need every single time they can rather then thinking about if an item is actually useful for them...

Did anyone actually call out the dude who won a roll on a str item as a hunter?

Surely they would be reasonable in regards to trading it to someone its actually useful for....
Both people was called out, the hunter left and the DK was kicked after not saying anything.
sounds like a pretty awesome way to roll!@#$% and then trade each other stuff.

Glad to know this works
Yeah assuming people wont be douche bags and press need every single time they can rather then thinking about if an item is actually useful for them...

Did anyone actually call out the dude who won a roll on a str item as a hunter?

Surely they would be reasonable in regards to trading it to someone its actually useful for....

So far I've seen more people spam need on everything than people who win double tokens passing the spare off.

By more I mean most people.
OP, run it with your guild. /thread
So, run LFR with guild? The tool put in for people that may not have time for a guild run, that thing right? /unthread =p
I suggest an Easy Mode option for casual/unskilled players who just want to experience the raid for the raid, not the loot, in a much less challenging style; or who just want to practice the fights and learn the mechanics before trying the normal mode.

I guarantee we'd love to be able to faceroll on easy mode through the latest content, just to see it, even if we only get Justice Points for it. I'll bet a LOT of casual players out there would agree.

What would be the harm in providing an easy mode to the encounters? Have it drop justice points and Heroic 5-man gear for all I care. Don't care about achievements or titles. Just let me see the fight from different angles on my alts or let me get in groups to help others learn mechanics at a slower pace and maybe a little more fault tolerance.

It can detect Mail user.

Make mail users unable to roll on str
and plate on agility.
It can detect Mail user.

Make mail users unable to roll on str
and plate on agility.

That would be a simple solution to this. Just finished Raid Finder on my hunter, last boss dropped the agi ring, 1 Rogue, 2 Hunters, 1 Druid roll. And a Frost DK. DK wins with a roll of 190. That is retarded. I rarely complain about anything on the forums, but if this CAN be fixed, it should be.

I don't know which limitations you ran into with the new system, but letting people who just do not understand their class at all roll need with a +100 bonus on stuff like that is wrong. And it WILL be exploited by people who queued up together to trade loot.
in BH once the raid leader forgot to turn on Master Looter. A mage won on a needed Warlock only tier leg item. So its been like this for raids for a while.
fail programmers, they're getting $150,000,000 per month, come on, unable to detect...whatever
12/02/2011 12:27 AMPosted by Nightsights
fail programmers, they're getting $150,000,000 per month, come on, unable to detect...whatever

yes it's completely purely profit, they don't pay employees, use utilities, or want to turn a profit for shareholders.

"Unable to detect spec" means that the Need/Greed roller does not know that you are a hunter.

Yes, it sucks.

Actually I believe it does know your a hunter. If it just went by the role icon, you could roll on caster rings as a hunter.

Yes, it sucks.

Actually I believe it does know your a hunter. If it just went by the role icon, you could roll on caster rings as a hunter.

And - just because it's bugging me - the game can obviously detect what spec you are. I have no idea why Blizzard chose not to implement a spec check with LFR, and I have no idea why Bashiok would repeat such an obvious falsehood, but I could write an add-on to tell me the spec of everyone in my raid in about 15 minutes.