Retribution (7.0.3) - Updated 8/4/16

Paladin
Prev 1 10 11 12 40 Next
10/05/2012 03:44 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
Will upvote if you can change the OP to your female draenei

Believe me, I've tried. :(

Edit: Grammatical corrections all over the guide. Currently working on a new stat weights table.
Sections 7.1 Stat Weights (includes stat weights table) and 7.2 Using Stat Weights added.
Requested
Ugh, back to haste > mastery/crit again?

Oh well, at least all those stacks of un-cut orange gems won't go to waste once I get some raid gear :)
10/07/2012 11:13 AMPosted by Nimand
Requested

:D<3

Ugh, back to haste > mastery/crit again?

Oh well, at least all those stacks of un-cut orange gems won't go to waste once I get some raid gear :)

Just like old times.
Keeping this in the public eye.
Question: With haste being our best stat, would the axe from scarlet halls be our BiS pre raid weapon even with the loss of the expertise if human?

I have both the mace and axe but the amount of expertise I lose is such that I need to change reforges. Am I gaining enough haste to warrant the expertise loss?
Stay with the mace, that 1% expertise is a big deal. I'm fairly sure that the mace is slightly better even for weapon-neutral races.
10/10/2012 09:02 PMPosted by Cayse
Stay with the mace, that 1% expertise is a big deal. I'm fairly sure that the mace is slightly better even for weapon-neutral races.

Thanks for the quick reply. I just hate the way maces look and there aren't very many good ones to transmog to.
There is an expertise/mastery sword from one of the Scarlet instances.
Due to the overload of Haste, the axe is slightly better without the racial. However, the 1% Expertise causes the mace to pull ahead (though just barely).
Keeping this in the public eye.
Thanks for this. I'll be putting it to much use, knowing myself.

Sticky Requested. :D
Thanks for this. I'll be putting it to much use, knowing myself.

Sticky Requested. :D

Thank you very much. :) I'm glad you found it useful.

Edit: EJ suggesting that Elemental Force > Windsong at the moment. Will look into this more.
Edit2: Sims appear to agree at lower gear levels. Windsong begins to overtake EF again in raid gear. Will continue to monitor EJ and resim when I have time.
Sadly, haven't hit 90 on my Ret yet, just started working on it this morning. Just bumping back to page 1.
I guess it has situational use. Many view as little more than a wasted GCD or skill though, considering we have about a million other things to cast in an empty GCD. I'll amend it in a moment.
Sparkle, wheres your angry Holy guide?
10/17/2012 09:16 AMPosted by Sparklefever
And tank not dying>a single "wasted" GCD. 70% reduced damage from the primary source of tank damage on H Stone Guards is a big deal; on H Feng the DoT ticks for 100k at 2 stacks... would love to see where reducing that by 70% is a "wasted" GCD, or who would say anything like that.

Case and point.

10/17/2012 09:29 AMPosted by Paladinchaz
Sparkle, wheres your angry Holy guide?

We need one of these.