Retribution (7.0.3) - Updated 8/4/16

Paladin
Prev 1 17 18 19 39 Next
I've been seeing more and more ret paladins use HP in place of ES lately, was there a change in anything or is it probably just for specific fights?
Probably just specific fights. Was doing Spoils on Flex over the weekend and I really liked Prism as an extra, relatively short CD AoE on that fight. Could also be that it's desired as a relatively short CD AoE heal, too, as there does tend to be a lot of raid damage.
Yeah, I use it for Protectors and Spoils, just found it odd that some armory pages had it as HP in general.
Some questions: (For Retribution Paladin - PvE)
1. T16 4 set, worth to get it? Details please.
2. Haste keep stacking? Or cap it, if capping it, at what % unbuffed.
3. Trinket off paragon, the skeer one, is it second bis for ret? Compare to Thok's tail tip
4. Divine Purpose
5. Is it worth it to stack strength?
6. I heard of haste>crit>mastery spec! has anyone tried?
1. 4pT16 is good, but not really to the point where LFR is much of an upgrade over normal 4pT15.

2. There's debate on haste; 40% is a bare minimum to shoot for, after that it's up to you whether to focus mastery more, stack haste to GCD hard-cap and continue haste, or start mixing in more crit.

3. Skeer's is behind Tail and Eye.

4. What about it?

5. With a haste-bias gem setup you get strength from gear/enchants and use red sockets for expertise/haste hybrids for better reforging, unless you gain exp beyond caps then use str/haste gems for red. Strength-biased gemming is also still viable.

6. That stat priority for PvE is really only useful with Tail.
after getting this t16 4 pc, i dont know if DP or SW is still better, they perform almost the same for me via dummy tests. Anyone know whats preferred to take?
Depends on situation. Typically, DP will be better for AoE and SW will be better ST.
after getting this t16 4 pc, i dont know if DP or SW is still better, they perform almost the same for me via dummy tests. Anyone know whats preferred to take?

DP will be better or around the same single target as SW without an Evil Eye of Zach Galifianakis. With the Eye SW will be better single target and DP will still be better on AoE.
Bonsoir, je m'appelle Svayne. I'm back to this game pretty much full-time now, so I'll try to keep this as up-to-date as possible again.
Hey guys, I've switched from warrior to ret paladin and I think I'm going to stick with ret for the rest of the expansion as well as into the first WoD tier. But after downloading clcret I have a question-

Do I follow exactly what clcret tells me to do (aside from aoe and cd usage)? It makes it seem a bit boring to just follow the commands of an addon. What does everyone else do?
Tunneling CLC is bad, since it doesn't take things like range from target into account, and range detection on it is pretty buggy to begin with. The only time you should tunnel CLC is if you're on a practice dummy, trying to train the rhythm into your muscle memory and to practice monitoring it out of the corner of your eye while watching your surroundings to not stand in fire.
I think I'm going to use it for a week and then get off of it. I pretty much have what it tells me down.

It's cool but it makes it a bit less fun to play the class.
I find it useful as a type of cooldown monitor.
It's cool but it makes it a bit less fun to play the class.

It's a tool, nothing more; if you don't find it useful, you certainly don't need to use it.
Edit: Big updates to the reforging and gemming sections. Details in change log.
So a quick question. I don't have EEoG yet on my pally and am still in that awkward area with the level 75 talents. However, in your guide as far as priorities go, where would the DP proc go within there? Do I hold on to it till I have full HoPo? Or do i spend it as soon as it procs? Or do I treat it as if it were 3 HoPo in the priority and go from there?
DP TV would take the same position as T16 DS, although you would want to use the DP proc BEFORE the T16 proc if you happen to be using both. Otherwise you're just wasting chances for it to proc again.

Inq > ES (> DP TV) (> 5HP T16 Free DS) > 5HP TV > HoW (> T16 Free DS) > CS > J > Exo > 3-4HP TV (> SS)
Edit: Grats on your EEoG.
DP TV would take the same position as T16 DS, although you would want to use the DP proc BEFORE the T16 proc if you happen to be using both. Otherwise you're just wasting chances for it to proc again.

Inq > ES (> DP TV) (> 5HP T16 Free DS) > 5HP TV > HoW (> T16 Free DS) > CS > J > Exo > 3-4HP TV (> SS)
Edit: Grats on your EEoG.

Thank you for the information. And thanks to your edit.

I've been working on this toon pretty hard to get it raid ready and our guild went into SoO and finally was able to make it clear past Sha on normal. We'd been struggling on it prior for some reason though not sure that changing 3 classes made that big of a difference. Guess I can chalk up EEoG and the mace of Nazgrim from LFR up to an early Christmas present from Blizzard :)
1/8: Guide polished. Checked grammar, spelling. Updated some misinformation.
I *love* this guide! Thank you SO much Svayne =) I haven't played ret since pre-cata and a lot's changed. Since prot kinda got nerfed with the Panda invasion I thought I'd try it. Seems to be a lot better than it used to be especially with your help!