Darkmoon Faire Island items -- too costly p.2

General Discussion
Prev 1 47 48 49 51 Next
1. Use alts
8 toons can get one set of vanity gear a week with work. When they make pets account wide in MoP then you will get all the pets on each toon if you get a different pet on each toon now.

2. You dont need this
You dont really, there are tons of options for transmoging gear. People asked for this and blizzard put it back. They didnt have to.

3. They are just vanity items
Yes they are vanity items, they arent needed to progress your character raiding or in pvp. they are for cosmetic use and arent needed immediately.

4. Fun things require work
This whole game requires work. The amount of effort you put into the game is equal to the amount of rewards you get from it.

5. You can get 100 tickets a day
Yes you can get 100 tickets a day once a month but that would require lots of effort that day or deep pockets and all the items in the AH. Farm Scarlet Monastery till you get the instance lockout and call it a day. Go back daily till you get the artifacts you need. Queue up and do some BGs. I did three AVs last night in an hour and got two of the artifacts from there.

This game has always been about grinds. There is very little you can get in this game from logging on only.
You arent being forced to do this unless you are a pet and mount collector. These things are optional.
I am also not crazy about one ticket per game per day, but i did some research and found a way to maximize my ticket gain. Ill have all the rewards in four months max, something that people in the other thread said was an acceptable time frame for getting all the rewards. Ive yet to see an arguement crying for more tickets that is valid.

I didn't read the rest of you're post because of the first thing you said. "8 toons can get one set of vanity gear a week with work. When they make pets account wide in MoP then you will get all the pets on each toon if you get a different pet on each toon now."

You seriously want me to put in WORK in a VIDEO GAME that I play for FUN? I have a job that I WORK at every day, I don't want to come home after a 10 hour day at work and sit down to PLAY my VIDEO GAME and be forced to do something else that feels like WORK.

Give people multiple options on buying items from vendors. Seriously, whether I put the time in honor grinding, ore farming, herbing, or doing dungeons/raids I have still put time into the game, and time well spent if I enjoyed playing the game this way. I'm not saying allow people who farm honor or have gold to buy the latest and greatest gear out there, but shouldn't justice points be able to buy the equivalent ilvl honor gear and vice versa?

If the goal of blizzard is to get people to spend time in this game than allow the players to spend time in the game doing what they ENJOY doing and still be able to buy or get the gear they want instead of being forced to WORK in the game, I want to play the game not feel like a monkey doing repetative grocery store style work.

Would you like paper or plastic Blizzard? So I can work for you for another year to get a 5 cent raise oops I mean a vanity set of gear so I can look cool.

So what if it takes time to get mog pieces or a mount. Big hooping deal. Don't you have other gear that you can mog?

Sure, but that raises a good point in itself. Why should I be able to go farm MC for an evening and get a full set of old tier gear yet to get a set of dungeon gear that is no longer available, I have to wait several months and that includes doing tons of quests and being logged in every day darkmoon faire is active so I don't sabotage my own wait time?

Doesn't that seem a little out of proportion to you? It does to me. There is nothing spectacular about the dungeon kits available in DMF. They're not spectral. They're not uber rare. They don't spit out flames of fire or glow in the dark. So why the incredibly long grind to obtain them? It's taking something that is supposed to be fun (transmog) and making it into a chore.

Sadly that's all WoW is these days, a chore. They've lost total sight of the concept of fun. WoW is all about frustrating your players and keeping that carrot on the stick dangling in front of your face, and wallet.

I don't think so. I saw at least 5 of them last week and managed to win one. I've been grinding a blue drake pet for years and have yet to see one.

And I manage to get one whenever I'm in Winterspring grinding the Timbermaw for rep drops. RNG is RNG, one person's personal luck doesn't invalidate that overall the artifacts have drop rates more on par with world BoEs than something that is meant to be easily accessible to all DMF attendees.
Yes they are vanity items, they arent needed to progress your character raiding or in pvp. they are for cosmetic use and arent needed immediately.

Don't you think it's a little bass ackwards that vanity items like pets, vendor mounts, and x-mog gear are "harder" (read: vastly more time consuming) to get than the last three legendary items combined?
Since when did tier 0 sets become "prestige"?

But it's not that I'm after, it's the pets and mounts. It's really discouraging to sit down and grind out a lousy 5 tickets each day after the first wave of quests are done. If I don't get lucky with winning the item drops, then I'm locked to earning a paltry amount of tickets each day... 1/5 of what you used to be able to earn on the PTR.
The longer it takes for people to be running around in full 8/8 heroism the better IMO
I have already maxed my DMF rep. the hard way and kept all of the tier and dungeon sets in my bank for all of these years so I have no use for this waste of developmental time and resources.

You should have saved the gear. Happy 7 month farming!

people like you make me sick.

Also, worgen couldn't obtain said gear.

Don't you think it's a little bass ackwards that vanity items like pets, vendor mounts, and x-mog gear are "harder" (read: vastly more time consuming) to get than the last three legendary items combined?

This is why Bashiok's response hit a small nerve with me.

He claims the devs believe everyone will get 145 tickets a month. If the devs really believe that it will be 4 months before they consider adjusting the DMF to prove to them not everyone will get 145 tickets a month.

This is an issue because it adds at least 4 months of problems to the players. This means more people will quit because there's not even a faire to keep them interested.

Bashiok also said the purpose of the faire is to keep people interested in the game.

This is why I believe petitioning blizzard to remove daily restrictions from the quests and simply institute a "do whatever quest you want until you reach a 145" once a month vp style cap. That way the devs can continue to claim every player will get 145 tickets, because it can be true.
12/07/2011 07:56 AMPosted by Tewa
Why are people so eager to burn through the DMF? So they can complain again on the forums about how they're bored and there's nothing to do in the game?

That's a sad argument. Not wanting to take 12 months is "being eager to burn through dmf" because if we burn through it faster than 12 months "there's nothing to do in the game" afterward?"

That argument you used highlights the massive problem with the game. The devs are using this "time wait" (because it's not a time sink it's a time wait) to conceal the fact there's nothing else to do? that's what you are directly insinuating.

That's really a bad situation for blizz, because people are not going to wait 12 months for a vanity item just to pretend they have something to do.
12/07/2011 08:03 AMPosted by Tewa

That's a sad argument. Not wanting to take 12 months is "being eager to burn through dmf" because if we burn through it faster than 12 months "there's nothing to do in the game" afterward?"

That argument you used highlights the massive problem with the game. The devs are using this "time wait" (because it's not a time sink it's a time wait) to conceal the fact there's nothing else to do? that's what you are directly insinuating.

That's really a bad situation for blizz, because people are not going to wait 12 months for a vanity item just to pretend they have something to do.

In that case, it's a good thing there's a ton of other things to do in the game. You know - the things you were doing last month, and the month before that, and the month before that. Dungeons, raids, PvP, quests, socializing with other players. The actual content of the game that has kept people playing for years.

WoW =/= DMF

You just said in your post there wasn't a ton of other things to do. Are you contradicting yourself or admitting your previous post was a lie?
Ok I have to say I completely agree, I like the new Darkmoon Faire island and the additions for questing and what not but the ticket prices are just too costly for people with lives. If the only way toget mounts pets and gear is to grind all day long for 7 days straight it isn't worth it. Also if doing it normally takes 7 months and the legendary staff quest with a decent guild takes 3 months the math priority is skewed. No you don't have people complaining because we can't get stuff on the first day, or even the first month. But when it is easier to get a legendary then to get a vendor item there is a problem.

Some of us can't sit on our bums and grind dungeons all day. So I think the vendors or ticket amount should be less punishing and more entertaining. The molten front dailies didn't even take 7 months and that is / was a main questing daily hub. I think it should be 1 week of dailies for a pet. 2 weeks of dailies for the item sets. And 3 weeks of dailies for the mounts. For those of us who can't just farm dungeons all day.
You just said in your post there wasn't a ton of other things to do. Are you contradicting yourself or admitting your previous post was a lie?

There are a gazillion things to do in WoW. I just don't get that for people claiming they're so bored, why they're so eager to burn through all the new content in a week.

OH ok so you were lying because you don't understand the argument!

Thanks for admitting that you decided to lie about someone else's problems with the game because you were too lazy to read and understand what other people were saying.

Usually it takes like 3 pages to get someone like you to admit they lied. I did it in 3 posts.

Kindly go back and read the responses people gave to bashiok then apologize for lying about our positions and issues with the DMF. If you still don't get it and think we want to blow through the content in 1 week, then know that you lack the reading comprehension to participate in this discussion.

It's one thing to argue with someone who acknowledges the opponent's position, it's another to have an opponent such as yourself who lies and doesn't comprehend what the opponent is saying.

A good start would be actually attending the Darkmoon Faire. Which you haven't even done.

OH I'm sorry you must be one of those mentally challenged players - the ones who think that everyone posts on the ONE and ONLY character with whom they do the quests and play the game.
A good start would be actually attending the Darkmoon Faire. Which you haven't even done.

He probably went on a different character, saw the ticket income versus prices, and decided not to return.