Darkmoon Faire Island items -- too costly p.2

General Discussion
Prev 1 48 49 50 51 Next

A good start would be actually attending the Darkmoon Faire. Which you haven't even done.

Except they may have many many alts who have. It's rather pointless checking achievements to win an argument.
12/07/2011 07:50 AMPosted by Tewa
You need a minimum skill of 75 in order to get the tradeskill quests. Show me somebody without 6 tradeskills at level 75 or higher, and you're showing me somebody who isn't a completionist. In other words, they don't care about maxing out their DMF tickets.

Hmmm my main has 162 vanity pets...but not 6 tradeskills on my account.
12/07/2011 08:15 AMPosted by Jangerwina

They count Fishing, First Aid, Archaeology, Cooking as four extra tradeskills for the purpose of the argument. What they really mean is professions/tradeskills = 6.
Blizz should just mail us everything so we don't even have to leave the cities. They'd also save development time, because we wouldn't need zones like the Faire.

It's a win-win, really.
12/07/2011 08:17 AMPosted by Elineé

They count Fishing, First Aid, Archaeology, Cooking as four extra tradeskills for the purpose of the argument. What they really mean is professions/tradeskills = 6.

Ahhhh ok.
I thought they meant 4 characters with 2 tradeskills each at that level.
My question is how can't you get the max per month. It literally takes 20 minutes to finish all the dailies per day. That is more than plenty of time per day to get those and all the quests can be purchased from the Ah. So 145 is more than easy to get.
We were not requesting the items be very easy to obtain, we're requesting that the time it takes to acquire such items be reduced by adding 2-3 more tokens to the daily rewards.

Here are exactly the scenarios many people other than myself have given:

1. Increase dailies to 3-5 tokens per completion.
2. Create a "ticket acquiring cap" much like the Justice Point Cap. Allow players to complete as many of the carnie quests or drop quests as they have up to a limit of 160. 160 seems a more reasonable amount than 145.
3. Reduce the ticket cost of the sets from 30-50%

We don't want instant gratification. We also don't want to sit around for a year.

We're more than willing to take feedback on how the rates could be adjusted, but at this time we feel four months to obtain a full set seems about right, should you choose to not seek them out through other means (trading/AH). Of course should we decide to make any adjustments we'll let you know as soon as we do.

Four months of doing mindless daily quests to obtain one set of gear? What, at all, about that seems right?
READ THIS! VERY HELPFUL :D

Here’s the breakdown:

Tickets Per Faire
    Dungeon: 40
    Heroic Dungeon: 15
    Raid: 10
    Tradeskill quests (primary): 8
    Tradeskill quests (secondary): 12
    BGs: 15
    Kill Quest: 10
    Mini Games*: 35

Total Tickets per faire: 145

* 5 mini games, available daily: 7*5=35

As an example, here are some options that you can choose over the course of two Darkmoon Faires (2 weeks over 2 months):

• Prioritizing mounts/pets: 1 mount + 1 pet, with 20 tickets to spare
  • Prioritizing pets: 3 pets, 20 tickets to spare
  • Prioritizing cosmetic armor: 4 pieces of cosmetic armor, with 30 tickets to spare
  • Prioritizing heirloom armor: 1 piece of heirloom armor + 1 heirloom weapon, with 20 tickets to spare

• I would like to point out a little flaw in his calculations.

For one, Darkmoon Faire starts at 12:01am server time. Dailies reset at 3:00am server.
    Get where I am going?

You can do the game dailies TWICE on sunday, therefore you can do the games 8 times each for every Faire. :)

150 per a week.
    READ THIS! VERY HELPFUL :D

Here’s the breakdown:

Tickets Per Faire
      Dungeon: 40
      Heroic Dungeon: 15
      Raid: 10
      Tradeskill quests (primary): 8
      Tradeskill quests (secondary): 12
      BGs: 15
      Kill Quest: 10
      Mini Games*: 35

Total Tickets per faire: 145

* 5 mini games, available daily: 7*5=35

As an example, here are some options that you can choose over the course of two Darkmoon Faires (2 weeks over 2 months):

• Prioritizing mounts/pets: 1 mount + 1 pet, with 20 tickets to spare
  • Prioritizing pets: 3 pets, 20 tickets to spare
  • Prioritizing cosmetic armor: 4 pieces of cosmetic armor, with 30 tickets to spare
  • Prioritizing heirloom armor: 1 piece of heirloom armor + 1 heirloom weapon, with 20 tickets to spare

• I would like to point out a little flaw in his calculations.

For one, Darkmoon Faire starts at 12:01am server time. Dailies reset at 3:00am server.
    Get where I am going?

You can do the game dailies TWICE on sunday, therefore you can do the games 8 times each for every Faire. :)

150 per a week.

He did also quote a post that mentions the 5 tickets for each time you loot the arena chest in the Deathmatch arena making the maximum at 280+150. That makes the suggestion to cap out at 145 alone regardless of what you do not a good suggestion, the way it was suggested.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657441916?page=36#717
    12/07/2011 08:40 AMPosted by Tewa
    Killing a boss in Scarlet Monastery is too much work though, Alfa.

What does that have to do with doing the game dailies before reset on sunday? lol
    12/07/2011 08:44 AMPosted by Quintzaker
    He did also quote a post that mentions the 5 tickets for each time you loot the arena chest in the Deathmatch arena making the maximum at 280+150.

are you honestly using that as a defense?

even Bashiok said the developers are considering those tickets extra credit because the likelihood of any one person looting all those chests is beyond the realm of reason.
    A lot of people seem to be talking about the transmog sets, and not about the pets, mounts and other toys. If I want to get all the pets and mounts I'm looking at 900 tickets. At the max of 145 a month we're talking 7 months to get them all. That, to me, seems a little excessive.

I'm all for getting tickets from both the faire and in the world, but I think some adjustments are in order.

That's mostly because the transmog sets are:

1. recycled content
    2. were not rare at all until the devs removed them out of admitted laziness
    3. will take much longer to collect than VP / Raid armor
    12/07/2011 08:50 AMPosted by Elineé
    He did also quote a post that mentions the 5 tickets for each time you loot the arena chest in the Deathmatch arena making the maximum at 280+150.

are you honestly using that as a defense?

even Bashiok said the developers are considering those tickets extra credit because the likelihood of any one person looting all those chests is beyond the realm of reason.

I am honestly saying that if someone is willing to put in effort in getting artifacts (to which there is more than one way of obtaining) and looting the chest, in addition to what they are able to do from profession, daily and the "Testing Your Strength" quest that they do deserve to be rewarded more than just for doing the daily and profession quests.