Dungeon Deserter "Unfair".

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
I queued for the "End Time" dungeon, I asked if there was a rogue who can get the crystals and since no one replied I decided to go in cat form and do it myself.

A warrior which wasn't the tank pulled a group of mobs by mistake and I was obviously not close to the group to heal them as I was getting the crystals so we could kill the boss.

They all died and apparently it was my fault for getting the crystals and not being close enough to heal them while they were standing there doing nothing!

We all resurrect and guess what, I was kicked out of the group.

Now I have a "Dungeon Deserter" debuff and I can't queue for another 30 minutes.

Solution? Open a ticket and hope for a GM to be able to remove the debuff.. not such a good idea, a full day and three hours for my ticket to be answered.

This is the kind of issue that pisses me off with the kick system, I was getting the crystals so we didn't have to kill all the trash and just the ones on the way. But obviously I was the bad healer because I wasn't close enough to heal their mistake.

And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one experiencing this issue.

Is there anything that can be done to remove the debuff now, and not 30 minutes later?

Thank you.
It's not likely a GM would even remove it if you were kicked. Certainly not a CSR from this forum, they handle account issues, as does this forum. Not in game issues. You're welcome to wait on a ticket, or just let the debuff fade on it's own.

If you want to suggest a fix to the kick system, it would go in General, or Dungeons/Raids.

Cheers!
Working as intended. Game Masters will not remove the debuff.

The "why" of you being removed doesn't matter. You were and therefore, you get the debuff.
Wait... you get a "deserter debuff" if you get kicked by the group as opposed to leaving voluntarily?

(I've only ever been kicked once that I know of and don't remember getting a debuff - but may not have noticed.)

If so, that seems unreasonable to me...

<S>

You get DD if you get kicked early on in the instance to prevent people from purposely getting kicked so they can requeue.

I think they were dumb to waste a kick on something like that, but I also think that trying to have a single player stealth around and get all the staff fragments for Jaina is a recipe for disaster, especially if it's the healer. The Jaina fight tends to take up a lot of space, and it's easy to pull extra trash. Just clear some.
You get DD if you get kicked early on in the instance to prevent people from purposely getting kicked so they can requeue.

I think they were dumb to waste a kick on something like that, but I also think that trying to have a single player stealth around and get all the staff fragments for Jaina is a recipe for disaster, especially if it's the healer. The Jaina fight tends to take up a lot of space, and it's easy to pull extra trash. Just clear some.

Exactly, but unfortunately the rest of the group was standing there without doing a thing probably had no clue on what was going on but again, I asked and no one replied.
Or.. You can just clear trash and have the group pick up crystals as you go ;)
Wait... you get a "deserter debuff" if you get kicked by the group as opposed to leaving voluntarily?

(I've only ever been kicked once that I know of and don't remember getting a debuff - but may not have noticed.)

<S>

People used to grief their teammates to get kicked when they wanted to leave to avoid the deserter debuff. Blizzard had to either tacitly encourage griefing, give up on trying to make people stay in dungeons they wanted to leave, or make the deserter debuff apply to anybody who leaves a dungeon run early regardless of the reason.
Aaah. That makes sense. Thank you!

<S>

You get it if you leave voluntarily, too early. You can drop later in the instance (i believe it's after the first boss is down) and get no debuff.

You get it automatically if you're kicked. Some people were abusing it, and going afk to make people kick them, in order to not get the debuff by dropping group.

Exactly, but unfortunately the rest of the group was standing there without doing a thing probably had no clue on what was going on but again, I asked and no one replied.

Yeah I had a similar experience on an alt the other day. Had taken an old tank alt that was all geared up for iCC tanking back in the day, bought some gear on AH to make it a bit more respectable though not sacrificing any avoidance stats, and popped into a normal dungeon to tank through for some easy exp.

After killing a couple bosses the healer in the party just stopped healing me and when I asked what the deal was I was kicked after a minute without anyone ever saying anything. Can only assume they were annoyed I didn't have more HP

I'm not sure how I could stand some PuGs at 85 if I wasn't tanking since as a healer you have to be around all the time to heal people being idiots and as a DPS you can be kicked for asking a question or for trying to CC.

<S>

You get it if you leave voluntarily, too early. You can drop later in the instance (i believe it's after the first boss is down) and get no debuff.

This is only partly true. You won't get the debuff, but if you get kicked within 15 minutes of joining the party you still have to wait out the timer to be able to queue again. So it's a bit like getting a debuff anyway.
12/01/2011 08:17 AMPosted by Sylth

Tank(or healer) I don't like HoR, HoL, CoT, whatever. Kick me so I dont get the debuff.
Group No, Tank well I am going to afk till you kick me.

Its not fair but its their to fix a worse problem.
30 minutes is just enough time to come to the forums and complain. see, the time wasn't wasted.
People used to grief their teammates to get kicked when they wanted to leave to avoid the deserter debuff. Blizzard had to either tacitly encourage griefing, give up on trying to make people stay in dungeons they wanted to leave, or make the deserter debuff apply to anybody who leaves a dungeon run early regardless of the reason.

Come on y'all how many of you have been in a group were a vote started to kick someone for no reason at all other then some stupid one liner? I know you all have, and I know the majority of you went along with the kick either because you do not care or because he must have good reason to kick this guy but I have no idea what it is...you have been there...How is a 30min time out good for that reason...I do not like the idea of forcing someone to run a dungeon they don't want to be in trough the dungeon finder when it would be to easy to allow players to leave when they first beam in to the dungeon without all of the controversy and since Blizz talks about how awesome the party finder thang is they will be replaced by players who want to be there soon enough.
12/01/2011 06:18 PMPosted by Virsago

Come on y'all how many of you have been in a group were a vote started to kick someone for no reason at all other then some stupid one liner? I know you all have, and I know the majority of you went along with the kick either because you do not care or because he must have good reason to kick this guy but I have no idea what it is...you have been there...How is a 30min time out good for that reason...I do not like the idea of forcing someone to run a dungeon they don't want to be in trough the dungeon finder when it would be to easy to allow players to leave when they first beam in to the dungeon without all of the controversy and since Blizz talks about how awesome the party finder thang is they will be replaced by players who want to be there soon enough.

I haven't. Ever. As far as I know, my vote to kick timer is instant, and I like it that way too much to waste it on frivolous vote kicks, whether somebody else initiates or I do.

I vote to kick for disconnects, obvious parasites (ie, AFK following or not inside the dungeon), and people so bad the dungeon run cannot be finished without kicking the target. I hardly ever see vote kicks initiated on a significantly more abusive basis than my own standards. Sometimes people don't wait as long as I would on a DC, or don't wait until a horribly low performer actually wipes the group before vote kicking, but I've rarely if ever seen a kick where I didn't fundamentally agree that the guy was going to have to go eventually.

I do agree that people should be allowed to freely leave dungeons. Sadly, Blizzard persists in making a few dungeons in each expansion that most people absolutely despise. Thus, Blizzard gets their panties in a bunch that nobody wants to run Oculus or Heroic Deadmines, and implements code to force people to do so. It would be relatively easy to just allow players to blacklist one or two dungeons they never want to see, but that might hurt the feeling of whatever deranged dev thought mounting and dismounting a drake mount 85 times in a dungeon run would be fun, and we can't have that.

<S>

Which has strangely enough become a form of griefing.

I saw a person screaming in chat today because 4 guildies were getting their lols kicking people from dungeons.

I saw a person screaming in chat today because 4 guildies were getting their lols kicking people from dungeons.

Happened all of, what, once? Vote to kick timers are pretty harsh when 4 people queue together and vote to kick somebody.

Report the people / guild then. If they were constantly doing it they can get a time out for griefing. Just put down approx what time they went on about it in chat and a gm should be able to look at the log.