A thanks to Blizzard Entertainment.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
Posted by Rokkuu
What decisions of blizzard have changed the game for the better for you?

The Dungeon Finder. Best addition ever.

It certainly is better than flying to every instance and spending hours in trade chat looking for people. (Sometimes)

For me the best innovation has to be reforging and transmogg, I am a sucker for gear customization.

I really agree with both of you. Of course with every new innovation comes problems. And LFD has its problems.

But without problems nothing is interesting. The varying degree of geared and skilled players in LFD doesnt make it bad. It makes it interesting and fun. Perfection isnt fun =)

Same goes to LFR. The varying degrees are what make the experience fun.

The people facerolling through it say its too easy. The people wiping say 25 random people was a bad idea.

I personally love that LFR goes both ways. And i look forward to experiencing it in the future.
Transmog is probably my favorite thing so far. I hated having to wear the Death Knight tier gear every patch.. There was nothing exciting about it, the whole concept of the armor was "add more horns" gg dk armor. Now I can use the gear I packratted and spent months upon months having bags with no inventory and in turn making it a pain to do quests, raids, heroics, etc. for good use. TY Blizz. =]
12/01/2011 09:48 AMPosted by Rokkuu
Perfection isnt fun =)

Perfection can be fun, but I hear where you are coming from.

I always feel really epic when my whole group dies in a dungeon with a boss at 50% HP and I solo it all the way to the end :)
Agree, I absolutely love this patch. I haven't had this much fun since TBC.
12/01/2011 09:26 AMPosted by Nethaera
Thank you so much for the kind words. I'll pass it along to the development team. It's always nice to get positive feedback. (Constructive feedback is still and always welcome as well. :) )

Hey Neth,

Well, can you then please relay this message to the devs in a very polite and constructive manner:

The restrictions on the lvl 60 pvp gear is really pissing off a large portion of the fan base, and it would probably be a good idea to remove the restriction. Allot of the anger is stemming from the zero communication about this restriction all through the PTR, as well as no mention in any of the patch notes.

Again, politely.
I enjoyed a great deal of this expanssion. However the 50-58 leveling is still awefull flavorless and hard. The viking quests Ruin warlocks. They remove your demon, yet hunters keep their pets.
12/01/2011 09:53 AMPosted by Amarøk
it is obvious that the blues are going to post here, they dont want to face the reality of their company's mistakes, they just turn their eyes to the "soft kitty worm kitty" type of posts...

I bet you're just a constant downer huh?
I FREAKING LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!!
Best patch ever for me. I am thoroughly enjoying the game more now than I ever have.
Posted by Amarøk
it is obvious that the blues are going to post here, they dont want to face the reality of their company's mistakes, they just turn their eyes to the "soft kitty worm kitty" type of posts...

I bet you're just a constant downer huh?

I dunno, with the whole tentacle-theme going on, a worm kitty would be awesome.
*grins*
I also need to find a way to transmog into a Japanese schoolgirl outfit.

Edit: My skill at quoting. It does not exist.
Ignore the offtopic posters and lets please stay on topic with what we enjoyed about cataclysm!

Personally i also find the people around you shape your experiences in this game a GREAT deal. This is why i enjoy the cataclysm guild system. It brought many guilds together into bigger ones.
I'm really confused at how WoW has become a complex game. Yes, I have seen boss encounter and combat mechanics get more and more robust, but the remainder of the game is fairly simplified.

-Talent trees ripped apart to simplify balance (good decision, but by no means "complex")
-Questing made linear so you have two options - kalimdor or eastern kingdoms, with your character out-leveling a zone before your quests are complete
-Gear purchased by grinding points
-Points grinded by pressing "I" then clicking a button.
-Raid content learned by pressing CTRL-"I", then clicking a button.
-Sense of community and commitment to your cause removed by cross-realm trolls in all group-based activities
-Scale of the world removed by mindless archaeology grinds and portals

I'm not saying the past was better, just that the present is by no means complex.

And for what it's worth, I like the direction the game is going, it's just not a direction that includes my personal demographic.
I dunno, with the whole tentacle-theme going on, a worm kitty would be awesome.
*grins*
I also need to find a way to transmog into a Japanese schoolgirl outfit.

I've seen enough !@#$%^...lol

12/01/2011 10:02 AMPosted by Toramas
Best patch ever for me.

Agree 100%

12/01/2011 10:02 AMPosted by Callka
I FREAKING LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!!

Agree 1000%

12/01/2011 10:03 AMPosted by Rokkuu
what we enjoyed about cataclysm!

I also enjoyed the new quests 1-60 quite a bit. Hopefully Blizzard gives 58-80 the same treatment soon.
Although I have not fought through Dragon Soul just yet. As epic and fun the LFR and the 5 mans were =).

I Just wanted to give thanks for the work done on the expansion I've personally enjoyed the most.

Thanks for the thrilling and colorful lore, and my favorite zones and raids to date. The story of the aspects has been such an epic experience for me.

Thank you for a challenging yet fun experience in all regards to the game.

The balance in this expansion is also superb. I appreciate the hard work put into a world of limitless combinations of combat scenarios with all the classes and content. Its amazing you've found ways to flavor them all.

I enjoyed countless hours of world PvP in Tol Barad and the Molten front the most.

Looking back on any previous content. WoW has been and is evolving into a greater and more complex game. And the direction of MoP is just another step forward in my experience here.

And Thank you for the most professional customer support I've ever delt with, on countless occasions.

I only look forward to the world you create for us. And the trolls that get stomped on the way. And that goes to all your games.

Thank you so much for the kind words. I'll pass it along to the development team. It's always nice to get positive feedback. (Constructive feedback is still and always welcome as well. :) )

I understand nothing's perfect. But the trolls on the internet are too much to bear.

We should all send our positive regards to blizzard once in a while.

Even better we should make it constructive and point out what we enjoy the most and why.

What decisions of blizzard have changed the game for the better for you? What enhanced your game experience in Cataclysm?

I approve this message!
Heroic Firelands was perhaps the greatest raid ever. Good job on an excellent expansion!
You can't please everyone and there will always be things in the game that some people will love and some will hate. I bet I could drum up a list of about 50 things I'd like to see change, as I'm sure a lot of others could :P

With that having been said, I want to reiterate OP x10, and I would like to add that I think LFR is quite possibly the most fun I've had with WoW ever. Kudos, and please continue to expand the feature. It is just an incredible, colossal success as far as I'm concerned. Amazing.

My only complaint is that all of my other hobbies are now on hold indefinitely while I play too much WoW.

:D
12/01/2011 09:28 AMPosted by Bodywreckér
I see chins.

Chins thats Chuck Noris fist!
The Dev team has done wonders from dalaran to flying in old world making it new agian ... i can only wonder what the healing of the world will look like...