I will never go back to normal raiding again.

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 188 Next
What LFR is good for:

Allowing time constrained players on irregular schedules to experience content through the end boss of the current tier. It also allows fun and friendly raids with less time preparing and lower requirements for dps, healers, and tanks to succeed. It allows relaxed raiding full of joking around and generally a fun time for people who don't normally raid. In this, it is a success by blizz.

What LFR is not good for:

A few posts mentioned that they were excited about their success and maybe this would encourage them to progress to normal and heroic modes. LFR actually does not prepare you for normal modes beyond what watching a video would. The mechanics have been so nerfed in LFR that you may be surprised in normal mode. For example, when General's bouncing ball actually has to be intercepted by someone and that it actually hurts them. LFR, the ball just bounces around and automatically hits the General at ten bounces. It would be a total surprise if you went from LFR to normal mode on this fight. You can stand in fire in LFR and tunnel dps; same thing in normal will get you killed.

Conclusion (or TLDR version)
So LFR is for fun raiding with few cares and I applaud it for that; it serves a much needed purpose and is a good part of this patch.

But it won't do much to help you learn normal mode fights and I doubt guilds would use it to recruit for normal modes, much less heroic.

I love this idea. As many others I don't much care if I get the achievements or the uber gear, I want to FINALLY end an expansion where I got to witness the encounter with the final boss when it's level appropriate. I've been playing since Vanilla and never got to do this. My real life always explodes right at the end of an xpack. Thankfully that doesn't need to be a worry of mine this time around.
12/07/2011 02:15 PMPosted by Luph
Looking for raid is possibly the first true case of "welfare epics" this game has ever seen.

Are you trolling or are purple titles on imaginery gear really a status symbol and give value to your real life? By the way, that must not be your raider (like this guy isn't my raider) for you to be making a comment such as that...or I'm missing the sarcasm.

Anyway, I love LFR. Gives me the chance to mess around and raid on this guy, which I haven't done much of since BC and middle of WOTLK, when I discovered the hunter class. Usually I only do BGs, casual arena, or achievements with this char, my original char, but now I can use him more often in different ways. Good stuff, Blizz.
Here here, I haven't tried the LFR yet, as I am only 83. But I have been playing since vanilla (because of WC1,2,3) and never got to raid. I can't wait, based on what I've been hearing from people, LFR sounds awesome, and something I can't wait to see.
Thumbs up to the OP.

LFR has been awesome. So much convenience... no more politics, elitism, and other bs.

Yay, Blizzard!
Even though you always have the chance of poor sported people all over WoW, I love LFR. I can go in there on my own time, and not have to worry about a lockout, so if my BF wants to do it together later I still can. I still can go into regular DS if my guild's healers get on as well. The tier matches up so I still get set bonuses. :D
Yes, yes, yes, a thousand times yes, OP. If I could thumbs up that post that many times, I would. I used to be an endgame raider back in Vanilla. Since then, I haven't had the schedule that would work with raiding (I work 3pm to 11pm now) and have direly missed seeing the endgame in its relevant level/difficulty. I have yet to take down DW; I've only LFR'ed the first four so far (last week). I look forward to doing this once I get my rogue geared enough to get in there; hopefully this week. Congrats! And I'm right with you looking forward to more quality gaming from Blizzard.
12/07/2011 03:31 PMPosted by Dremin
Looking for raid is possibly the first true case of "welfare epics" this game has ever seen.

Are you trolling or are purple titles on imaginery gear really a status symbol and give value to your real life? By the way, that must not be your raider (like this guy isn't my raider) for you to be making a comment such as that...or I'm missing the sarcasm.

Anyway, I love LFR. Gives me the chance to mess around and raid on this guy, which I haven't done much of since BC and middle of WOTLK, when I discovered the hunter class. Usually I only do BGs, casual arena, or achievements with this char, my original char, but now I can use him more often in different ways. Good stuff, Blizz.

What I want to know is, who cares anyway? I'm proud of the gear I got, they can be proud of the gear they got, people in LFR can be proud of theirs etc. What difference does it make? It's gear rewarded for what you achieved, no more or less. (in case this is an awkwardly worded comment, I'm agreeing with you Dremin. lol *bad at conveying things on the forum* ><)
What I want to know is, who cares anyway? I'm proud of the gear I got, they can be proud of the gear they got, people in LFR can be proud of theirs etc. What difference does it make? It's gear rewarded for what you achieved, no more or less. (in case this is an awkwardly worded comment, I'm agreeing with you Dremin. lol *bad at conveying things on the forum* ><)

I've never really understood the "welfare epics" things. Granted an epic was obscenely harder to come by in Vanilla, but I really don't give a pause about where or how someone gets their gear. Yes, I ogle gear, mounts, and pets sometimes (damn all of you that have mimi's head lol) and tip my hat to them, yet not once in my years of playing have I looked down on a person for what's on their character. It's a mentality I'll never understand.
LFR may be good short term, but overall, I think it will just be another feature that will continue to add to the slow death of WoW. The ability to easily kill every boss in the raid instance in LFR within the first week or two, depending on how it is gated, will hugely reduce the life of the patch for the average player. People will get bored faster, and unsubscribe, and maybe hop to other MMOs where they don't complete most of the content they're interested in doing within 2 weeks.
@ OP:
The Raid Finder is a stupid-easy loot lottery. You can't win if you don't play. The loot constraints are SO broken at the moment. They're giving items to people who have no business winning said items. Anybody who completely depends on the Raid Finder for his/her raid loot is eventually going to cry on the forums about some jerk that stole said loot. Hand of Morchok doesn't drop in the RF difficulty and Souldrinker is flagged as tank-only. As a DW Frost DK, I have no choice but to run normal or heroic mode for weapon upgrades or tank in the RF and steal the Souldrinker from Paladin and Warrior tanks for my main spec.

So, good luck with your quest for loot in the RF. It *will* be painful.
I am not the best player of this game... but nor am I the worst. I am medium. I dabble in all areas... I master none. I've raided, I've pvp'ed, I've collected, I've achievement-!@#$%d. Many have done these things better than I, but still... I've at least done decent at all of them.

That said... today I have finally killed an expansion's final boss within the life of that expansion. Within his first week of life no less. Something I, an average player... never did in the previous expansions.

He may have been a sissied up version of himself... but I do not care! I am thrilled and more than pleased with the LFR tool. Leave the harder versions and the fancier loot to the people who care for such things. This is all I need.

As someone who played Warcraft 1, Warcraft 2 and Warcraft 3... but never any MMOs before this. This is all I've ever wanted.

This game has never been about the loot or the prestige for me. I've always just wanted to SEE the content. I want to SEE the characters. The cutscenes. The story. I want to meet them, talk to them, kill them. Whatever. Just wanted to do it. Loot was always just a means to that end for me. I wanted to see how the world of warcraft unfolded... in its entirity. FIRST hand. Without watching videos second hand on youtube, or reading about things on WoWWiki...

That said... LFR takes everything I've ever hated about raiding and makes it go poof. No more guild politics and BS. No more people yelling in vent. No practicing and grinding for months and months only to wipe and wipe and never even get to see that final boss. No more obligations. No more schedules. No more cares! I AM FREE! From here on out, I can kill EVERYTHING and owe NOTHING TO ANYONE! HOORAY!

I can finish a raid on my own time. On my own terms. I am warm and fuzzy inside.

My only complaint is that it wasn't backward compatible to the old Cataclysm raids... which I still have yet to see. A slight dissapointment... but oh well. Guess I'll have to see these later... once I've outleveled the content, just as I did so many others in the past.

But I can't tell you how excited I am that every tier of raiding moving forward into Mists of Pandaria will have this feature. I'll once again be excited for each and every patch day!

You'll note from my achievements... I didn't do one damn ounce of raiding in Cataclysm this past year... like many... I was growing tired of this game. And trying to do and see new things became more of a chore than a fun time... so my interest simply faded.

But today Blizzard, as I smote Deathwing with only minor headaches and a reasonable amount of wipes... I found myself having fun again. Well done!

There are kinks to smooth out to be sure... but I am very pleased with the LFR tool... and I will never go back to normal raiding again. The hardcore raiders have their hardcore raids... and I the average person, now have mine...

Hip Hip Hooray

High five, and congrats on the kill! /cheer
12/07/2011 04:00 PMPosted by Vreivai
The ability to easily kill every boss in the raid instance in LFR within the first week or two, depending on how it is gated, will hugely reduce the life of the patch for the average player.

So what about clearing it on normal mode?

A good deal of people are clearing Dragon Soul already on normal. You also seem to ignore the fact that the people that love the LFR have been playing just fine without ever having to raid. Why in gods name would I get tired of a patch FASTER now that I have one more thing to do every week?

Before, I just grinded heroic gear in hopes that i would raid. then i realize that I still have no raid achieve so all that i did was pointless. So i go back to farming VP, gold and doing dailies.

Now, i can re-run the LFR for upgrades every week. I can run my alts 9if I had them) through it too.

You sir, are just mad for some reason. you have no idea what you are complaining about.

I've never really understood the "welfare epics" things. Granted an epic was obscenely harder to come by in Vanilla, but I really don't give a pause about where or how someone gets their gear. Yes, I ogle gear, mounts, and pets sometimes (damn all of you that have mimi's head lol) and tip my hat to them, yet not once in my years of playing have I looked down on a person for what's on their character. It's a mentality I'll never understand.

Same. I just don't see what difference it makes. o_o; And honestly there is always someone who get the gear before you, or from a harder fight than you, etc... and people who did the opposite. That's just how the game works. I don't get why people are so upset by it, or continually surprised, lol.

edit: Corv's hunter alt ^^ Who by the way is thoroughly enjoying LFR since I don't have time to be in 2 raid groups otherwise. <3
I haven't been able to have a set raiding schedule since Wrath, and even then we never actually beat Lich King. I beat Deathwing within the first week of the expansion as well, and finally, FINALLY, saw and beat the content of an expansion. Thanks Blizzard. This was an amazing idea! (Now to incorporate the other raids ;D)
/applaud
I can't wait to try this LFR. It looks really promising. It might be the first time I do a raid in my life :P
12/07/2011 04:02 PMPosted by Egeria
So, good luck with your quest for loot in the RF. It *will* be painful.

If you had been reading the thread you would realize that most people don't care about the loot or titles achieves etc they just wanted to experience killing the main bad guy when he is still relevant
I feel pretty much the same way. I love raiding with my guild, but I'd like to see more content, and more often. LFR has been a GREAT addition, and honestly, I haven't run into many bad apples at all, mostly just fellow casual players who want to see the content.