I will never go back to normal raiding again.

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 188 Next
The DF and LFR have become the great equalizers of WOW. They allow the average player to experience things that were once only for elite guilds or completely committed players.

The demographics for MMOs have changed over time, and MMOs have to change to meet the needs of the players. I know that some may argue that we no longer 'earn' our gear and things like that, but think about that for a second, think about how happy the OP is.

Isn't that all that really matters? We play these games...computer games...to have fun right?

I'm sure that just like the DF their will be those who seek to ruin the raids and the fun of others, however that will fade away with time.

I'm happy that WOW is finally moving forward with allowing more people to see more content. The old ways are fading, and a new age of accessibility is upon us.

Embrace it guys and gals....embrace the fun that all of us can have now.
Highly Rated
I'm sure you're all nice ppl. I am just really frustrated at the slow downward spiral of this game since vanilla. I love the game. It's just REALLY changed from 7 years ago and it's because it caters to the people that DIDN'T make it a successful game... and making a "25m RAID" this easy just erks me. It's just as easy as a cata reg dg.

See... here's where I take major issue...

No I did not kill Kel'thuzad in Vanilla.
No I did not kill Kil'jaeden in Burning Crusade.
No I did not kill Arthas in Wrath of the Lich King.

I still killed Ragnaros, Malchezaar and well... Kel'thuzad.

As well as Onyxia, Magtheridon, Gruul, Malygos, Onyxia Again, Anu'barak... and dozens upon dozens of other low-end to medium raid bosses who weren't even the final encounters of their respective raids.

I've been here since Vanilla. I've been here sinch LAUNCH day. I've been here since BEFORE launch day. Yes, I played in the original beta.

I have never reached the top tier of raiding, but I have been riding this train since it left the station, and I paid the same damn ticket price as everyone else.

And it was ALL on THIS toon.

(Well, except for the betas... those toons got blown up when they ended)

And I'm getting labeled as one of "The people who didn't make this game successful"?

I have 57 feats of strength. You have 5.

Your first feat of strength is for WoW's 4th anniversary. Your last is for its 7th. You have none of the ones in between. I have all of them.

Now that's not to say there's anything wrong with your lack of Feats... per say... perhaps you don't care for such things, and that's your right. I go out of my way to accomplish all I can in this game on my own terms. Dungeons, Raids, PVP, Quests, Collections, Achievements. I want it all... but I don't want to drive myself to insane lengths getting it.

Maybe you don't. Maybe you only want certain things, and you're willing to drive yourself a bit insane to get them. Maybe you like to spread your play amongst alts. And that's fine. I wish you fun with it. Because unlike you, I don't begrudge other people for playing this game the way they want to play it...

But still, I do think feats are a fairly quick way to measure a person's serious time invested in this game... after all, they are FEATS... special things. Things that not every player in this game can or will ever do. Sure, some were easier, some were harder. Some you can still get, some you can't. Some of them everyone has, some of them not many people have at all. But GENERALLY speaking... they're a fairly good yard-stick to measure by. Roughly.

And again... 57... 5... and YOU'RE telling ME... that YOU'RE speaking for the people who made this game a success? And I'm not?

Please.
I won't quote your whole post (cause of the flooding), but I will say that I hope everyone clicks the like button and likes it into immortal status because it was very well said.

ETA: And I mean the one right above mine^
12/07/2011 01:10 PMPosted by Tweak
I'm sure you're all nice ppl. I am just really frustrated at the slow downward spiral of this game since vanilla. I love the game. It's just REALLY changed from 7 years ago and it's because it caters to the people that DIDN'T make it a successful game... and making a "25m RAID" this easy just erks me. It's just as easy as a cata reg dg.

See... here's where I take major issue...

No I did not kill Kel'thuzad in Vanilla.
No I did not kill Sargeras in Burning Crusade.
No I did not kill Arthas in Wrath of the Lich King.

I still killed Ragnaros, Malchezaar and well... Kel'thuzad.

As well as Onyxia, Magtheridon, Gruul, Malygos, Onyxia Again, Anu'barak... and dozens upon dozens of other low-end to medium raid bosses who weren't even the final encounters of their respective raids.

I've been here since Vanilla. I've been here sinch LAUNCH day. I've been here since BEFORE launch day. Yes, I played in the original beta.

I have never reached the top tier of raiding, but I have been riding this train since it left the station, and I paid the same damn ticket price as everyone else.

And it was ALL on THIS toon.

(Well, except for the betas... those toons got blown up when they ended)

And I'm getting labeled as one of "The people who didn't make this game successful"?

I have 57 feats of strength. You have 5.

Your first feat of strength is for WoW's 4th anniversary. Your last is for its 7th. You have none of the ones in between. I have all of them.

Now that's not to say there's anything wrong with your lack of Feats... per say... perhaps you don't care for such things, and that's your right. I go out of my way to accomplish all I can in this game on my own terms. Dungeons, Raids, PVP, Quests, Collections, Achievements. I want it all... but I don't want to drive myself to insane lengths getting it.

Maybe you don't. Maybe you only want certain things, and you're willing to drive yourself a bit insane to get them. And that's fine. I wish you fun with it. Because unlike you, I don't begrudge other people for playing this game the way you want to play it...

But I do think feats are a fairly quick way to measure a person's serious time invested in this game... after they all they are FEATS... special things. Things that not every player in this game can or will do. Sure, some were easier, some were harder. Some you can still get, some you can't. Some of them everyone has, some of them not many people have at all. But GENERALLY speaking... they're a fairly good yard-stick to measure by. Roughly.

And again... 57... 5... and YOU'RE telling ME... that YOU'RE speaking for the people who made this game a success? And I'm not?

Please.

Add feat #58. Pure and epic ownage on the forums.

/salute Tweak

Although I have killed some bosses in normal raid, LFR tool lets me hop on Deathwing's back, a thing I will probably only see on normal mode in a few months.

And also OP, the thing that made me enter WoW, and will make me probably never leave it, is the fact that I can see, talk to, fight alongsite or against all the characters I played with in WC III. I remember the first time I saw Stormwind City, or Lordaeron's throne room, or the Sunwell or even the Barrens, and remembed hunting pig-men in WC III and hunting them again in WoW
Amen to this!!

Lore !@#$%s rejoice!!

Like everyone on this thread *waves*, it's NEVER been about elitism or uber-loot for me. Heck, I was fine in dungeon gear...the gear was a means to an end to get into the raids and simply see the end of the story...

Now, no more waiting for 2 expansions to go back and finally see what happened to Illidan, or Arthas, or whomever...

We can go now!!

Love this tool Blizzard! Keep up the good work.
12/07/2011 01:10 PMPosted by Tweak
Because unlike you, I don't begrudge other people for playing this game the way they want to play it...

This...this forever and ever...

This is the crux of it.

If I see a raid boss, why does it take that experience away from someone else? That's one thing I don't understand, and I never will...

Amen to this!!

Lore !@#$%s rejoice!!

Like everyone on this thread *waves*, it's NEVER been about elitism or uber-loot for me. Heck, I was fine in dungeon gear...the gear was a means to an end to get into the raids and simply see the end of the story...

Now, no more waiting for 2 expansions to go back and finally see what happened to Illidan, or Arthas, or whomever...

We can go now!!

Love this tool Blizzard! Keep up the good work.

!00% Hell yea!

I've fallen in love with this game all over again. ^_^

Translation:

"I'm happy that I never have to use my brain again to overcome obstacles in a game."

But I see many players are happy with LFR so it would be safe to assume Blizz will keep on with this model of trivialized bosses and instances so I guess this just isn't the game for me anymore.

Brainless players: 1 Try hard players: 0

GG Blizz

What did you lose by Bliz adding this? How is your game experience lessened because other playstyles gain something?
Translation:

"I'm happy that I never have to use my brain again to overcome obstacles in a game."

But I see many players are happy with LFR so it would be safe to assume Blizz will keep on with this model of trivialized bosses and instances so I guess this just isn't the game for me anymore.

Brainless players: 1 Try hard players: 0

GG Blizz

They didn't take out HM raids to make room for LFR. In no way shape or form does LFR affect players who want more of a challenge or make a heroic DW kill any less of an achievement.

Unless you are one of those poor souls whose only sense of accomplishment is you get to see content, in a video game, others don't. Then yes, this game is not for you, but I suggest therapy for your underlying issues with lack self worth outside the game is.
deathwing is not faceroll imho you need to put some effort on madness.
As a heroic raider, Congrats on your kill :D
I'm honestly for once - excited to try out Raiding, even if its just LFR.

I don't raid - current content. Simply because I fear I'll let my group down if I make a mistake. That being said, having a system like this seems to ease some of that pressure; knowing most of the people in the group are casual raiders as well - wanting to see the content rather than be uber l33t.

<3 So even though I have yet to try it out; yay for LFR!
I love LFR, I've only been playing WoW for a few months and I've been wondering since I first hit 85 if I was ever going to raid. All the guilds and PUGs would all expect me to have all the achievements already. Apparently not having an achievement made me a disabled child in the eyes of "pro" or "elite" players. No matter how many videos I've watched, nobody would listen to me. Basically they were telling me I couldn't raid because I couldn't raid. Luckily I did find a guild to call home! But if I didn't, then I probably would've never raided before LFR. I mean it doesn't fix the problem of demanding achievements for normal mode but it does makes a big difference to non-raiders!
12/07/2011 01:58 PMPosted by Kya
I love LFR, I've only been playing WoW for a few months and I've been wondering since I first hit 85 if I was ever going to raid. All the guilds and PUGs would all expect me to have all the achievements already. Apparently not having an achievement made me a disabled child in the eyes of "pro" or "elite" players. No matter how many videos I've watched, nobody would listen to me. Basically they were telling me I couldn't raid because I couldn't raid. Luckily I did find a guild to call home! But if I didn't, then I probably would've never raided before LFR. I mean it doesn't fix the problem of demanding achievements for normal mode but it does makes a big difference to non-raiders!

Actually I disagree. I think having the LFR achievement will be the new standard for at least the 10 man verison of normal mode PUGs. The raid leader will at least know you have seen the fight, even if it is in a slightly easier state.
Great post! Fantastic even, and I agree with many points. Raid finder is a blessing for people who just can't raid under normal circumstances. I also couldn't agree more with your statements regarding the unimportance of loot, and just wanting to see the content.

...and that's what so many players want.

We want to see the end of the story.

OP's post speaks to my soul.
I, as a mostly serious raider, am glad that you are enjoying yourself.

SEE! WE AREN'T ALL !##*S!