I will never go back to normal raiding again.

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 188 Next
Great post OP . Bump for Tweak and the amazing post^^^

12/07/2011 02:00 PMPosted by Wynters
Actually I disagree. I think having the LFR achievement will be the new standard for at least the 10 man verison of normal mode PUGs. The raid leader will at least know you have seen the fight, even if it is in a slightly easier state.
I see your point but i think that is wishfull thinking. I would be so ecstatic if that happened.

To think, I will be able to show I know the fights by linking my LFR achieve and maybe even be considered for a raiding guild?! All my problems would go away! The only thing standing between me and heroic raiding would be my skill.

As of now, I still think that people will feel that the LFR is baby mode and discredit it. They will still demand that you be at least normal mode progressed before they even consider you for normal mode.

Again, I hope I am wrong and you are right. But even so, thank god for the LFR. Now I won't be excluded from the one part of the game I actually crave.
...and that's what so many players want.

We want to see the end of the story.

Everyone gets to see the beginning, and the struggles to reach the end. Mount Hyjal's quests and dailys, ect. are proof enough of that. Its building up to the end.

The raiders are the ones who get to see the end first-hand. We all get to see the tail-end ... of the end, when the cinematic gets opened up or we watch the fight on youtube.

LFR gives those who do not have time to raid, or who don't enjoy raiding at a serious progression level to see the final chapter at their own pace. Its not hurting any of the hardcore raiders, or raiders in general, it just gives everyone a chance to see the final chapter for themselves, something that was previously closed off from those who did not get a chance to before.

Actually I disagree. I think having the LFR achievement will be the new standard for at least the 10 man verison of normal mode PUGs. The raid leader will at least know you have seen the fight, even if it is in a slightly easier state.

I've seen all these posts already saying they won't accept someone who did the dumbed down version. There will always be those kinds of people, they would just find something else to decide who is a pro player or not. But maybe you're right and more people will accept people who completed LFR. Sadly there's an achievement for completing normal or heroic mode, that's what makes me think they will still demand an achievement. For PUGs at least or elitist guilds at least.
Great thread, /thumbs up!

Looking for raid is possibly the first true case of "welfare epics" this game has ever seen.
Great words OP. My feelings exactly.
Thumbs up to the Blizzard folks.
Now if you could do this with all raids out there I will have to skip my work.

LFR gives those who do not have time to raid, or who don't enjoy raiding at a serious progression level to see the final chapter at their own pace. Its not hurting any of the hardcore raiders, or raiders in general, it just gives everyone a chance to see the final chapter for themselves, something that was previously closed off from those who did not get a chance to before.

Exactly. This is so true in every single way.

LFR like DF before it gives us all a chance to see what we never would have seen otherwise.

Bravo to Blizzard! ^_^

wish lfr was in place sooner ,but this is 1 of the best wow additions
Not disagreeing with your post and I'm happy for you and everybody else enjoying the LFR. I think it's a great addition to the game.

I just have one question.

Now that you've done it what are you going to do for the rest of the expansion. It will probably be 6 months to a yea before MoP and you've already killed the end boss on the highest level that you care to do him. You have no progression to look forward to as far as raiding goes. So now what?
/win Blizzard

I've seen all these posts already saying they won't accept someone who did the dumbed down version. There will always be those kinds of people, they would just find something else to decide who is a pro player or not. But maybe you're right and more people will accept people who completed LFR. Sadly there's an achievement for completing normal or heroic mode, that's what makes me think they will still demand an achievement. For PUGs at least or elitist guilds at least.

Well, here's the thing. You, yes I'm looking at you, have now seen the fights. You aren't going in blind. From LFR to normal mode all you need to do is maybe watch a guide video or read up on what's different between LFR and normal mode and then you, yes you, can start your own /2 pug for normal mode now, explain the differences and lead a group to glory. Heck, you could even turn things on their head and state you only want people who don't have the normal mode achievement.
Now that you've done it what are you going to do for the rest of the expansion. It will probably be 6 months to a yea before MoP and you've already killed the end boss on the highest level that you care to do him. You have no progression to look forward to as far as raiding goes. So now what?

As for me...
  • I will still need to kill Nefarian
  • Earn Bloodthirsty title.
  • Take a break from WoW.
Not disagreeing with your post and I'm happy for you and everybody else enjoying the LFR. I think it's a great addition to the game.

I just have one question.

What did they do before? I mean these are people who didn't get to raid at all. They are going to do the same things they always did, but now, once a week on their time frame, they get to raid as well.
12/07/2011 02:24 PMPosted by Nikolaevich
You have no progression to look forward to as far as raiding goes. So now what?

There is more to WoW than raiding for many players
Agree with OP - at least on the enjoyment factor. I will still try to do 10-mans with my guild when able, but the ability to do this when I please and see positive results is awesome. It's easy stuff, but there are occasional wipes, but most are able to learn from mistakes and move on.
Good post. What you described is exactly the reason Blizz made these changes in 4.3. Now everyone gets to enjoy the new content, just not the same level of gear, which is perfectly fair to everyone.
I couldn't have said it better myself OP. Married, kids, life.. I like LFR and the new dungeons, yes, they're easy, but I am having fun with the new content, and thats what I pay for.
12/07/2011 02:21 PMPosted by Ziaki

Personally, I would do what I have been doing this entire expansion. Do 5 mans for VP and the LFR for some T-13 and VP to break up the monotony.

I am also still working on my Tol barad drake and MF Hyppogryph. If I can find a guild that will accept that I have done the LFR millions of times and h=give me a shot, i will also join them and progress through normals.

I fail to see why you think that killing DW means that the game is over. we all now that even people that kill him on normal still farm him on mains and alts and even step up to heroic version. Why would LFR be any different?