Lord Hiram creed

Rogue
12/12/2011 06:26 AMPosted by Ailie
Wonder why they make it so that using a PvP build is so much easier than using a PvE build, considering this is a set of PvE daggers...

I did just fine.. and I have no PvP spec
There was a part that I'll admit I panicked mid fight, but then I remembered he could be CCed.

I had recup ticking, and blinded him almost to full health.

Then I focused more on control instead of just trying to faceroll him to the ground.

Got him down on the first try.
Thought it was pretty easy myself, though didn't feel like I was handed it. Just happy to see such an epic class quest once more in the game.
Took one try to kill Creed, many more to make my way to him. Damn you impatient self!

But as combat, the fight is beyond easy. The main hurdle is simply the amount of health to burn through. RvS + KS = 8 seconds of target dummy bashing.
Saw a couple of posts where it took 2 of you to kill Creed. C'mon folks, you lose out on the sense of satisfaction of really knowing your class. Next comes Nalice in Karazhan with 3.1mil hp. I'm waiting to see those daggers on a worthy rogue:)
WTF I didn't even know you can blind him I though that would reset the sucker, el oh el I did it the freakin hard way!
What's hard about this exactly? Attempt the fight a few times to get the mechanics down. It took me a few tries as assassination to get it down. Its tricky for the spec, but certainly possible. The hardest part is getting into the city.
I used my standard sub backstab arena spec. It was cake. I stood in his face, I kicked his energy drain and kept recoup up, I backed up a bit when I saw him casting his little shadow blotch spell (forget the name of it) and near the end of the fight when I started to get a little low I blinded him, bandaged up, disarmed him out of the blind and finished him off....it was simple. Took me about 3 tries total, the first two to figure him out, third try was kill.

If you think this encounter is impossible, reroll, cause you obviously don't know how to utilize your classes abilities. Sorry if that came off as rude, but it's true.

Btw, I didn't die...and for those that didn't check for w/e reason, Vanish resets the fight..so if you're about to die just Vanish and try again.
12/12/2011 05:50 AMPosted by Birvstew
Bad rogues shouldn't get the daggers anyway.

only in a perfect world...of warcraft...

I think they did a good job with the quest line up to this point. Getting through the city took some patience, and then pew pew the boss requiring you to use most of your rogue abilities = good stuff.

Go as sub. stealth. jump off bridge. swim to stairs. Shaddowstep/ SAP stairway to get out of water(SAP him a second time to allow s.step time to cd. Avoid pats. Shaddowstep across stairway SAP guard wait for pat to pass. Drop down water way... U just shaved off half of the sneek part and about 2-3min
Rouges.

That is all.
12/12/2011 06:26 AMPosted by Ailie
Wonder why they make it so that using a PvP build is so much easier than using a PvE build, considering this is a set of PvE daggers...

Because this is more like a PVP encounter; 1v1 where your survivability and lockdown abilities are going to work far to your favor over a standard DPS build. It makes a ton of sense.

I went in there armflailing as combat and completely blanked on using my Sub spec for doing the stealth part and the fight. I just face tanked him with recuperate up, kicking/torrenting/KSing any casts. As I recall, I don't think I even needed to reset the fight in any way.
Yes i did manage to do this. I refuse to go sub. a wee bit more effort to watch my recup, buddy of mine did it easily as sub but i cant stand sub so i decided to muscle trough it. A pain in the !@#..yes. Looking back...im glad it was hard. makes me hate my pally even more.
btw if you go water to stairs its still bugged when you jump outa water and stealth drops. just a heads up
Just glyph blind, bring some bandages, GG.

The dmg will come, it's about avoiding the damage (aka kidney gouge poison/bleed kite while you recup) aka being a ROGUE.

Nice and cheap does the trick.
Do it with T5 gear and make it heroic mode. I believe in you.
God forbid you are required to interrupt, stun, and move out of !@#$ to prove (lol) you are worthy of getting one step closer to 2 legendary weapons. It's funny that the OP whines about having to pay 10kg and attempt an extremely simple fight for what is supposed to be a coveted weapon while in a guild called Maturity. I guarantee if you found this part of the line hard to do you will never get those daggers, gl to you.
ROFL glyph Blind, Dont do it as mutilate, blah blah blah!, If you just paid 10k for a quest to basically start, dont you think that the quest to get a legendary will have a level of difficulty? I paid 10k, IT BETTER BE HARD! I want a challenge, as should as anyone else who plays a class such as rogue. A class unique to all other classes within the game. This quest forces the players who are average joe to elitist that in order to beat him it will take the use of your skills, talents, abilities, and yes....some sort of plan and execution.
I took the challenge like i said, i went in current PVE gear, no special glyphing, bandages at ready, healing pot, PVE Mutilate spec, and went toe to toe with him. Yes, it took a few attempts, but its not impossible......its challenging like it should be....

When was the last time doing a quest you can remember that actually had some type of difficulty or plan/execution to complete? this game is now in easy mode and people are still taking the time to rant and rage on forums how this game is still hard.....

Boohoo Noobs, Skill up, Man up, or Shut up....or go play with Butters on Hello Kitty Island Adventure!!!
ROFL glyph Blind, Dont do it as mutilate, blah blah blah!, If you just paid 10k for a quest to basically start, dont you think that the quest to get a legendary will have a level of difficulty? I paid 10k, IT BETTER BE HARD! I want a challenge, as should as anyone else who plays a class such as rogue. A class unique to all other classes within the game. This quest forces the players who are average joe to elitist that in order to beat him it will take the use of your skills, talents, abilities, and yes....some sort of plan and execution.
I took the challenge like i said, i went in current PVE gear, no special glyphing, bandages at ready, healing pot, PVE Mutilate spec, and went toe to toe with him. Yes, it took a few attempts, but its not impossible......its challenging like it should be....

When was the last time doing a quest you can remember that actually had some type of difficulty or plan/execution to complete? this game is now in easy mode and people are still taking the time to rant and rage on forums how this game is still hard.....

Boohoo Noobs, Skill up, Man up, or Shut up....or go play with Butters on Hello Kitty Island Adventure!!!

Blind glyph is not "special glyphing" since a good portion, if not the majority, of rogues have a pvp spec.

Derp.
Honestly, hardest part i think personally is interrupting his spell he casts that hits ranging from 16k-100k. NEEDS to be done as sub spec for survivability. Assasination and Combat could prob do it if you're a skilled player but Sub is the way to go for me. Took a couple attempts both getting to him and killing him but hey the daggers are mine.
it took me a few tries but after getting used to actually having to try again it was pretty darn easy. dismantle was a great ability to use, the break in damage saves you a lot of headache.
1. keep recuperate up
2. disrupt blackwill
3. keep ur evasion up when u can
4. kidney shot a lot, it helps especially if it saves you from using a longer cool down
5. dismantle when evasion is down and u cant get a good kidney shot off

there is a lot more you can tweek but trust me just calm the heck down and its easy