Items - New Class Restrictions 12/13/2011

Customer Support
Prev 1 4 5 6 19 Next
So.. they fix it to where you can't ninja loot anymore and people that ninja'd are mad...

12/13/2011 12:36 PMPosted by Gente
So.. they fix it to where you can't ninja loot anymore and people that ninja'd are mad...

No good deed goes unpunished I suppose.
Thank you Blizz! Now I wont lose on a roll against a pally for the agi axe. Eat that pally!!!

As for the offhand... I'm all for people who choose to hold an offhand instead of a shield as a shammy. That's their choice, but would not be mine.
Excellent. Wish this was in place last week when that #$&*%$* Death Knight beat me out on the roll for Rathrak.
ok, so your telling me that this weekend I looted the 390 axe from deathwing, and i cannot use it now because of the change even though I am a shaman? So the reclass took away all the items from all characters, or only characters that didnt qualify for the item?

I'm at work and am trying to understand if I will be able to use it when i sign in tonight.....

The item is an agility axe. You are an enhancement shaman. Your primary stat is agility. Axes are well within your weapon arsenal.
ok, so your telling me that this weekend I looted the 390 axe from deathwing, and i cannot use it now because of the change even though I am a shaman? So the reclass took away all the items from all characters, or only characters that didnt qualify for the item?

I'm at work and am trying to understand if I will be able to use it when i sign in tonight.....

The item is an agility axe. You are an enhancement shaman. Your primary stat is agility. Axes are well within your weapon arsenal.

Correct, but I just needed confirmation that I will still be able to use the axe after this reclassification. For me, there was nothing that said, "correctly qualifying classes who previously won these items will still retain and be able to use the item..."

It shows up on my armory profile right now so I guess I am ok.....
Offhand
Ledger of Revolting Rituals - Druid, Priest

This is surely an oversight or a mistake. Restoration / Elemental Shaman and Holy Paladins have ALWAYS been able to use offhands instead of shields. This one is flat out better itemized than the shield that drops for the casting specs of both classes.

Yeah, this is pretty clearly just an error that most likely will be cleared up next week. I don't know what you're supposed to do in the meantime, though.
It was a pleasant surprise to notice this change when I did LFR on my shaman today.
12/13/2011 12:40 PMPosted by Satine
Most of the restrictions, not quite all, but most...seem pretty intelligent and straightforward. They make sense, for the most part.

I will say that I agree with this. The vast majority of the changed items are spot on. The only ones that're close to questionable are Ledger of Revolting Rituals (best in slot for every spec that uses spirit for something in combat and can equip it) and No'kaled (technically an upgrade over many str weapons, but there is a better option available in DS for the Str classes that could roll on it before.)
I for one am appalled and saddened at this change. Blizzard is now pigeon-holing people into what items they have to wait on to use, I won the Ledger of Revolting Rituals last week which was a considerable upgrade over my old shield. But now am unable to equip it due to it being priest/druid only now, how is that fair? Why are we being punished for winning an upgrade?
I have to admit, this rather pleases me to hear. I've been running through LFR, and winning anything has seemed nigh impossible so far. Having class restrictions will help a ton.

I'm also not torn up over the shield/Ledger deal. Honestly, it makes sense to me. We Shamans and Paladins can use shields as well as off-hands, whereas Priests and Druids are stuck with off-hands only. Let them have the Ledger, I'll be satisfied with a shield even if it's not "BiS."
Good change

is good

(still waiting for a fix for the velocity bug (jumping in water makes you move faster, druids shifting out of flight form slows you down) and the mature language filter bugs.

hope to see them soon :3 )
Thank you for looking into the loot issue. :)
I have to admit, this rather pleases me to hear. I've been running through LFR, and winning anything has seemed nigh impossible so far. Having class restrictions will help a ton.

I'm also not torn up over the shield/Ledger deal. Honestly, it makes sense to me. We Shamans and Paladins can use shields as well as off-hands, whereas Priests and Druids are stuck with off-hands only. Let them have the Ledger, I'll be satisfied with a shield even if it's not "BiS."

Yeah, but the druids/priests and even shaman can use staves which paladins cannot, which severely limits our choices of healing weapons/offhands so by sticking us with JUST main hand mace and shield means, we get 2 items we can use in the WHOLE raid...
12/13/2011 10:55 AMPosted by Chrysaora
I find it amusing that Blizzard has to tell people what gear to wear, maybe some day people will learn their class.

less to do whith your statment, more to do with people needing everyhting they can, then trying to force people to BUY the drops from them... or sharding it just to be a jerk to other players.

To help illustrate how stupid this is for those of you not getting it....
Ledger of Revolting Rituals
Used to be able to use it on my RESTO SHAMAN
Now I can't.
Stupid.

On the other hand, there is a perfectly good shield in LFR for you, and a shield in the new LFD heroics.
Needs of the many > Needs of the few

12/13/2011 12:36 PMPosted by Gente

Actually, I'm a bit irritated about the fact that my raid group's Arms warrior just lost 2k DPS because he can't use his polearm anymore.

Oh well though.

If I were him I'd ticket it and ask for the mats for landslide back.

On the other hand, there is a perfectly good shield in LFR for you, and a shield in the new LFD heroics.
Needs of the many > Needs of the few

Spoken like someone without a single 85 that uses a shield.

If you had a paladin, warrior, or shaman you'd know that at level 85, the crafted shields are the only ones that really exist.
12/13/2011 12:54 PMPosted by Trynaklei
e Shamans and Paladins can use shields as well as off-hands, whereas Priests and Druids are stuck with off-hands only. Let them have the Ledger, I'll be satisfied with a shield even if it's not "BiS."

Ok with being forced into using a clearly inferior item because we "can" use it... does not compute -.-

WTB socket on Timepiece of the Bronze Flight so that it's as good for Shaman/Paladins as Ledger is for Druids/Priests.
Still a long way to go.
I haven't looked through all the changes but I also disagree with the Ledger of Revolting Rituals change. BiS for resto shams and suddenly not being able to use it is ridiculously annoying.