Saurfang Dragon Soul (t13) Progression 10/25

Saurfang
Prev 1 21 22 23 26 Next
Wow am I ever glad I quit progression raiding lol, the amount of hate towards Ajantis seems palpable.

In some ways, I understand it. For instance I cheer blood-coated screams of delight every time those pompous asses Manchester United finally lose a game. Everyone likes to see the number one dog get dethroned, it's just a good feeling to see the underdogs prevail.

I also offer sincere congratulations to S Key Gamers, Antiquus, Nascent, Ominous and all the other guilds on Saurfang that are doing exceedingly well in Cataclysm. No strings attached, that's a heartfelt grats because you deserve it.

However

None of you can deny that 25man raiding, as a whole, is more difficult on a low population server like Saurfang than 10man raiding. The logistics of organising a stable team, with 25 people's undivided focus and attention for progression is simply 2.5x more complex than in 10man. When I see all the usual suspects crying out "Lol Ajantis suck cos they're behind guilds x, y and z" I die a little inside. Props where they are due, the superior guilds to Ajantis in rank on Saurfang did get there first, and Blizz has said "Yo dawg, we heard you like achievements so we've made your 25man achieves into your 10man achieves so you can achieve while achieving" but we all know there is indeed a difference.

At the end of the day, Ajantis has never prioritised server firsts. We have strived to have a strong team and do the best we can, and one need only look at our history to see what was accomplished as a result. The guild has existed since vanilla wow and has carried the same principles throughout. Ajantis members for the most part are proud of the work we do, and how we do it. I'm sure the same can be said for the rest of you.

To sum up, as others have said in this thread, Saurfang progression on the whole is doing rather well, so let's all have a warm fuzzy feeling about it and waste less time being !!!%s. I have a !!!%, I don't get enjoyment from going on the internet to see more (contrary to popular belief).

To the ex-Ajantis members and others who favour trolling, harassment and general !!!%ery with our existing members, I can only ask:

How can you possibly not have anything better to do with your time?
^ this
Looks like I missed somthing entertaining to read!
03/16/2012 07:53 PMPosted by Valdin
Looks like I missed somthing entertaining to read!
i see you didn't mention IAC interesting, something something >.>
03/16/2012 03:49 AMPosted by Mcmuffle
For instance I cheer blood-coated screams of delight every time those pompous asses Manchester United finally lose a game. Everyone likes to see the number one dog get dethroned, it's just a good feeling to see the underdogs prevail.

Bad example. People like watching Man U get beaten because they're a bunch of annoying brats that won't give credit to the other team and instead blame the logistics of the situation. (E.g. 25 v 10 mans, Referee's decisions.

OH HANG ON. MAYBE IT'S A PERFECT EXAMPLE.

To be fair, it's only certain members of your guild that make it hated. but when he's one of your recruitment officers. I was in Ajantis once, and I enjoyed myself there.

But back to my previous point. Ajantis is no longer the powerhouse it once was in Wotlk. In Wotlk, when I saw an Ajantis person, I thought they must be good. Now.... not so much.

Once again. Stop hanging onto your past glory. The Ajantis name no longer holds weight, despite what certain members of your guild stubbornly (and stupidly) believe.
03/16/2012 10:34 PMPosted by Robthepally
The Ajantis name no longer holds weight, despite what certain members of your guild stubbornly (and stupidly) believe.

Going to have to disagree.

Doesn't being the last remaining 25 man guild on the server mean something?

Rhetorical Question guys, because we all know the answer is yes.

None of you can deny that 25man raiding, as a whole, is more difficult on a low population server like Saurfang than 10man raiding. The logistics of organising a stable team, with 25 people's undivided focus and attention for progression is simply 2.5x more complex than in 10man.
Name holding weight would imply respect for your guild. You might be deluded enough to think that is the case. But it's not.

What was once respect is now ridicule. People laugh at Ajantis all day long now. If you don't want to believe me that's fine, but whatever.

Also, Ajantis had no dramas pulling numbers for their 25 mans in Wotlk, due to the awe factor people held for them then. Now, some of your recruited players are laughable.
03/16/2012 11:43 PMPosted by Robthepally
Also, Ajantis had no dramas pulling numbers for their 25 mans in Wotlk,

I literally laughed out loud at this.

Cataclysm brought with it some raid changes, maybe you've heard of them?
Okay. Maybe. but your raiders were much better than they are now. Also. If IAC, Antiquus and S key put together a 25 man group they would get 8/8H before Ajantis.

Prove me wrong.

And even if I'm wrong about the numbers you had, you're still a subpar raiding team now and noone respects you.

But why would they with uptight idiots like Mushin in charge of anything.
actually you also did not mention as is tradition do you have something against guilds with 3 words?
Needs more Brynny to give this thread more love...
Requesting the presence of Brynny

im here guiz! <33333333333333333

<33333333333333 for everyone!
Also. If IAC, Antiquus and S key put together a 25 man group they would get 8/8H before Ajantis.

Prove me wrong.

Prove yourself right, I would like to see this happen.

03/17/2012 12:45 AMPosted by Snokey
actually you also did not mention as is tradition do you have something against guilds with 3 words?

S Key Gamers

One thing that amuses me in this thread is the notion put forward by some that being in a 25man automatically raises your prestige because it takes 2.5x as many players to do a raid. I am not going to argue for 10 mans or 25mans because frankly the difficulty comparison changes with each tier in terms of actual fights.

I find it amusing that a guild that specifically chooses to stay 25man because they enjoy it must use it as an excuse for their drop in ranking since Wrath. We all know Cataclysm bought with it many changes to the raiding scene, love it or hate it, it is different now. Both difficulties are similar in difficulty over all with the occasional boss being over tuned for one difficulty.

Furthermore in relation to 25mans in Wrath, some could argue we had a robust raiding scene then. I disagree, while Ajantis was back then rightfully the best, this created a self fulfilling prophecy. Lets be honest most good applicants came from off server, and more often than not people would only transfer for server first guilds, especially for a server like Saurfang. This created problems for other guilds in that they either had to live with the left overs or had to recruit on server. Add to the fact that a problem experiences by many non top guilds that raiders will when they feel they are ready will use their guild as a stepping stone to apply to the best and get a slice of that fame creating huge turnover for those left behind.

Currently we have a server with several very strong 10 mans. 25 mans are struggling enormously both here and elsewhere, people seem to be migrating to 10mans in droves. Some like me because they prefer the close - knit feel. Others because they don't want to nanny 25 people who wouldn't know fire if they were burning in it. Whatever the reason 25mans are having trouble staying 25mans as they shed a huge amount of players. However, all this being said it is at the end of the day it is a choice, the content itself is comparable with each size having its challenges, there is no reason to use this as an excuse though, we all must make our decisions and accept the consequences of said choices.

tl;dr: enjoy my rant
^