Robe of Glowing Stone

Customer Support
So, if you look at my armory, you can see I've had this item equipped. All of a sudden, however, it seems to be Priest only. This abruptly drops me from 376/376 ilvl to 353/369 and renders me robeless and unable to enter the random dungeon finder.

Could you guys, like, not do that? Can I have my three red gems (~1kg) back? Are there any other cloth items that are about to suddenly become class specific that I should know about?
Dont roll on healer gear?
Blizzard added class restrictions to a lot of the loot in the LFR to stop people from taking gear that is obviously not intended for them over someone who it is intended for. Spirit is not at all intended for mages or warlocks.

If you open a ticket and list your previous robe, the GMs will probably restore it. They suggest as much in their recent blue post.

Also, what the poster above said. Don't roll on healer gear and you won't have a problem. I hope the LFR you were in didn't have a priest also rolling on the same item.
Some items were recently reclassified. You may find yourself in possession of one of these items and are no longer able to use it.

If this item replaced another and you need Game Master assistance to recover your old item, please place a petition with the new item name, that you can no long use it - and the old item name you need restored.

The following are the items that have changed with new/changed class restrictions (LFR Versions).

Weapons
Razor Saronite Chip - Rogue
Electrowing Dagger - Rogue
Finger of Zon'ozz - Mage, Priest, Warlock
Vishanka, Jaws of the Earth - Hunter
No'Kaled - Shaman, Rogue
Kiril - Druid, Hunter
Blade of the Unmaker - Rogue
Rathrak - Druid, Mage, Priest, Shaman, Warlock
Maw of the Dragonlord - Druid, Paladin, Priest, Shaman
Titahk - Druid, Mage, Priest, Shaman, Warlock
Gurthalak - Death Knight, Paladin, Warrior
Souldrinker- Death Knight, Paladin, Warrior
Trinkets
Indomitable Pride - Death Knight, Druid, Paladin, Warrior
Bone-Link Fetish - Death Knight, Paladin, Warrior
Windward Heart - Druid, Paladin, Priest, Shaman
Cunning of the Cruel - Druid, Mage, Priest, Shaman, Warlock
Vial of Shadows - Druid, Hunter, Shaman, Rogue
Resolve of Undying - Death Knight, Druid, Paladin, Warrior
Eye of Unmaking - Death Knight, Paladin, Warrior
Heart of Unliving - Druid, Paladin, Priest, Shaman
Will of Unbinding - Druid, Mage, Priest, Shaman, Warlock
Wrath of Unchaining - Druid, Hunter, Shaman, Rogue
Starcatcher Compass - Druid, Hunter, Shaman, Rogue
Crech of the Final Dragon - Death Knight, Paladin, Warrior
Insignia of the Corrupted Mind - Druid, Mage, Priest, Shaman, Warlock
Soulshifter Vortex - Death Knight, Druid, Paladin, Warrior
Seal of the Seven Signs - Druid, Paladin, Priest, Shaman
Shields
Timepiece of the Bronze Flight - Paladin, Shaman
Blackhorn's Mighty Bulwark - Paladin, Warrior
Rings
Hardheart Ring - Death Knight, Paladin, Warrior
Breathstealer Band - Death Knight, Paladin, Warrior
Signet of Suturing - Druid, Paladin, Priest, Shaman
Infinite Loop - Druid, Mage, Priest, Shaman, Warlock
Seal of Primordial Shadow - Druid, Hunter, Shaman, Rogue
Curled Twilight Claw - Death Knight, Paladin, Warrior
Ring of the Riven - Druid, Mage, Paladin, Priest, Shaman, Warlock
Signet of Grasping Mouths - Druid, Hunter, Shaman, Rogue
Offhand
Ledger of Revolting Rituals - Druid, Priest
Neck
Petrified Fungal Heart - Druid, Paladin, Priest, Shaman
Chest
Robe of Glowing Stone - Priest

per sticky above....
Thanks for the info, Satansvamp.

12/13/2011 01:00 PMPosted by Ryegeleye
Also, what the poster above said. Don't roll on healer gear and you won't have a problem. I hope the LFR you were in didn't have a priest also rolling on the same item.

Estimated time for ticket response: four days. No thanks. I just got finished with a week-long ticket snafu involving something like four GMs and a bug that robbed this character of several hundred valor points on patch day.

Just as a data point, I'm cancelling my account in response to this and won't likely be back. I no longer have confidence in Blizzard's customer service.

It has been said time and time again by GMs that the need before greed system is set up with regard to what classes can use, not with regard to what stats are optimum. Druids roll on cloth, tanks roll on bows, and so on, and so forth. I rolled on this item because it was a significant upgrade over my old chest piece. It had a tiny amount of spirit, some of which can obviously be reforged away, and meanwhile it had three red gem sockets. As a fire mage I don't like mastery either, but I find myself having to reforge out of that all the time.

I don't know if this move has to do with the recent high profile LFR exploit issue that resulted in a series of bans for WoW's top progression guilds, who "should have known better", but you guys seem to think punishing your userbase for your own shortsightedness is cool. It isn't. I don't have a problem with class-specific items, or with the need before greed system functioning in some way other than the way it currently does. What I have a problem with is existing items being taken away from players who haven't acquired them illicitly, with no thought or compensation beyond the directive to get in a week-long line which may or may not result in a resolution of the issue depending upon the GM and the time of day - ostensibly because we "should have known better" despite past statements to the contrary, or some other such nonsense.
12/13/2011 01:50 PMPosted by Mim
It has been said time and time again by GMs that the need before greed system is set up with regard to what classes can use, not with regard to what stats are optimum. Druids roll on cloth, tanks roll on bows, and so on, and so forth. I rolled on this item because it was a significant upgrade over my old chest piece. It had a tiny amount of spirit, some of which can obviously be reforged away, and meanwhile it had three red gem sockets. As a fire mage I don't like mastery either, but I find myself having to reforge out of that all the time.

And this is why Blizzard can't win on this issue. You have half the players yelling ninja anytime someone rolls on an item that "they" feel belongs to a different spec. You have half the players yelling that they should be able to roll on anything they can. Blizzard tries to capitulate by creating a hybrid NbG looting system with the new LFR tool, and proves just how hard it is to actually force loot like this.