Looking For Raid—Need Plus Updates

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 26 Next
While this isn't a complete fix, I believe it's a step in the right direction. I believe Zarhym mentioned that this was only a "Band-aid" type fix. While they search for a more viable solution.
While it does have it flaws, as my main is a hunter. I'm glad to know that warriors and rogues can't roll need on bows that belong to hunters.

Just saying, I'd rather have this then nothing at all.

So kudos, I'm glad to know at least something has been done. Rather than have nothing done until a fix is in place.

Personally, I'd love to see the system detect which class, and then breakdown "OK, this item is viable for X spec instead of Y spec. It will give the bonus to X instead of Y because X would actually find more use in it then Y Example: Agility 1 hander axe going to either elemental shaman or enhancement. It would give the roll bonus to the enhancement shaman"
Another huge issue for me as far as loot goes is people leaving group without rolling. Rather than make us wait for these jerks to be timed out, couldn't you make those that leave group without rolling automatically pass on loot?
This may be a good change from this patch forward but retroactive-screwing people who won those items and wearing it in good faith is not fair.

Couldn't you change the item number for the new class-specific items and leave the old ones alone? Or at least restore their gold/gems/enchant scroll?

What is most annoying about the whole thing, is that it's being claimed it's currently too "challenging for players to evaluate loot decisions".

As it stands, people DID evaluate the loot decisions, and rolled for items that were actually preferential when they were evaluated maturely - and those are the ONLY people who lose out with the new 'fix'.

The example of the (newly-converted) Priest chest - people wanted it because they evaluated it and were willing to take the hit on Spirit, for an otherwise better piece. If they WANT to, mages can go to the VP trader right now, and buy cloth with Spirit on it - and it's up to them to 'evaluate' the decision and work out if it's best for them.

Apparently, we can do that with our VPs, but we're not trusted to make the same decisions in a raid. Even though people WERE making those decisions.

I agree that the loot rules can be changed moving forward with no one harmed. If you can't roll on it, you won't roll on it, simple. But I also agree, this retrospective hit screws people that played fair, and made their own evaluation and choice.
im see both side of this first week i get nothing from the first 4 boss second week i got nothing off any boss this week i got 2 yet i have seen pepol with a 4 and 5 pices and there pepol that have 0 so i think the lfr t-13 token sould be drop from the loot tabel and a curensy be add that where you get when you have doon all 4 boss of the raid or one off each boss but make to where it only in raid and make it to where the non t-13 item are to where it more evenly spread out and when there is 2 of the same item make it that where ever one get one roll on them and the top 2 win it stop get on pepol neves that some get a nat 200 on one and on the same one you get 199 yet on the secon on someone get for 150 and you rolled a 101 that like a big slap in the face you loss do to one point and when there 2 it just seem roung to have 2 rolls
This may be a good change from this patch forward but retroactive-screwing people who won those items and wearing it in good faith is not fair.

Couldn't you change the item number for the new class-specific items and leave the old ones alone? Or at least restore their gold/gems/enchant scroll?

What is most annoying about the whole thing, is that it's being claimed it's currently too "challenging for players to evaluate loot decisions".

As it stands, people DID evaluate the loot decisions, and rolled for items that were actually preferential when they were evaluated maturely - and those are the ONLY people who lose out with the new 'fix'.

The example of the (newly-converted) Priest chest - people wanted it because they evaluated it and were willing to take the hit on Spirit, for an otherwise better piece. If they WANT to, mages can go to the VP trader right now, and buy cloth with Spirit on it - and it's up to them to 'evaluate' the decision and work out if it's best for them.

Apparently, we can do that with our VPs, but we're not trusted to make the same decisions in a raid. Even though people WERE making those decisions.

I agree that the loot rules can be changed moving forward with no one harmed. If you can't roll on it, you won't roll on it, simple. But I also agree, this retrospective hit screws people that played fair, and made their own evaluation and choice.

The number of people like that affected by this change is much smaller than the number of people like me who have lost a Gurthalak or Nokaled to a hunter. Or hunters/druids who lose Kiril to a DK, etc.

Oh, yeah, whoever was saying this stops enhance shamans from getting daggers to use, please never tell any enhance to use a dagger, especially offhand.

The number of people like that affected by this change is much smaller than the number of people like me who have lost a Gurthalak or Nokaled to a hunter. Or hunters/druids who lose Kiril to a DK, etc.

That's always going to be the case - more people will always not-get a roll than will get it - that's kind of the point. You didn't have the piece taken from you, though - if you got the better roll, you'd still have got it - you just don't think you should have to roll against some of the other people.

Which is a fair complaint. Gods, I wish I hadn't had to roll against anyone else when the Spire of Scarlet Pain dropped.

But what you're describing is something that's always going to be a problem until EVERY items is made class specific. And, to be honest, I kind of want to make some of these decisions for myself.
12/13/2011 07:42 PMPosted by Tangletongue
But what you're describing is something that's always going to be a problem until EVERY items is made class specific. And, to be honest, I kind of want to make some of these decisions for myself.

The problem is that I don't want to let you decide if you want to roll on a strength trinket. I am very glad that Blizzard agrees with me, to be perfectly honest.
12/13/2011 01:46 PMPosted by Meril
I have a question about Paladins and Shamans not being able to need on the offhand. Actually If you look at the stats on the off hand and the shield you get more intellect from the off hand then you do from the shield... ie the offhand would be better.

I would like to know about this offhand as well, but from a different PoV. As a Shadowpriest, the offhand is bis for me, but I would have to queue as a healer in order to get the +100... just because it has spirit it's automatically heals only?
Btw, no expertise on agility rings please, us hunters like drops too.
Does this count tanks getting the bonus for 2h weapons? I know DK tanks need them, but last week a Pally tank won the 2h sword off Deathwing.
The offhand from Ultraxion with spirit/haste isn't giving a roll bonus for shadow priests. A GM said that it is 'working as intended' when the stats on it are best in slot.
12/13/2011 07:48 PMPosted by Psynister

The problem is that I don't want to let you decide if you want to roll on a strength trinket. I am very glad that Blizzard agrees with me, to be perfectly honest.

Right. And I very much doubt my mage would roll against you for a strength trinket unless it had something else on it, something awesome. (Massive tappable crit, maybe).

On the other hand, why shouldn't I be able to roll on something that is Stamina/Intellect?
What a lovely system for us warlocks and mages.

Just kidding, everything gets stolen by hybrids who also have their own private drops.
yeah now gimme the gulthrak that a huntard stole from me lol
i just watched a pally tank win the 2 hand sword off deathwing over 3 fury warriors. that doesnt seem right to me
As a part of the on-going evaluation of Looking For Raid and the loot system, we have recently implemented a change to the Looking For Raid Need Plus system. Weapons, trinkets, rings, neck pieces, shields, offhand items, and the Robe of Glowing Stone are now class-restricted to their intended users. With the speed at which a Raid Finder group moves through a zone, we’ve found that it makes it challenging for players to evaluate loot decisions – by class restricting these items, we hope that the natural behavior will have a more positive set of results for everyone involved. This change will not apply to normal or heroic raid or dungeon loot rules.

Raid Finder and Need Plus are both very new systems, and we’re working to iterate on these systems rapidly to ensure that everyone has the best possible experience as we learn more about how players are using the system. Please keep in mind that this system is not considered complete and we have further plans to improve upon it within Mists of Pandaria.

If you looted an item from Looking for Raid which replaced another and you need Game Master assistance to recover your old item, please place a petition with the new item name, that you can no longer use it - and the old item name you need restored. For more information on the affected items, please visit the Customer Support forums here- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3729953854#1

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Didn't you guys just remove a bunch of class restrictions on items for mogging purposes? I'm not saying people that want an item solely for looks should be any competition in a roll against somebody that will use the item, but they shouldn't be shut out of it either.

Also, with all due respect, I've seen Blizzard make a lot of mistakes like this in the past. Rather that release the stuff and then respond to a bunch of moaning and groaning after the fact, when in development, consider the way each new element of any system or aspect of the game can be abused and then protect against it. I feel this should be the natural order of content creation, but after running into abuse after abuse over many years now, it's time to make it part of the process. Please.
I don't think this is a bad move, glad to see that people like it.
What I don't like is this changed affected some of us, and we were told to open a ticket, and look 5days and 5h wait lol... Don't even know what to say to that...