Darkmoon Faire - Known Issues

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 25 Next
yep journal and insignia are bugged for me too. They didn't answer my ticket in game or email....I had to fish through my battle.net account to find my ticket log.

Go bliz.
01/01/2012 05:48 PMPosted by Sqwizgar
Does the "Test Your Strength" quest fall under the known issues? I discovered upon logging into my rogue who had completed the quest, that the quest had been wiped from his log and the grisly trophies gone (I was planning to turn the quest in today, when the DMF started up again). I checked my mage, who had also completed the quest, and his was still there...

Were you able to pick up the quest again so you can start collecting Grisly Trophies for next month? Or is this a massive oversight by the quest desigenrs that you have to collect all 250 trophies in the first week of every month, else you are screwed for the next month...
Darkmoon Faire happens twelve times a year, not once a year like most world holiday events. Perhaps relaxing a little would be a good thing for players to do; it would keep your/our blood pressure down.

There's plenty of time to get all the goodies, as I reminded myself last month when I was a little disappointed at the slow rate of Darkmoon Faire ticket accumulation (and after I'd found my old saved tickets had become "tattered"). True, I'm still a bit disgruntled about losses of my achievements and partial achievements at the time of the Cataclysm, but this sort of thing happens, for whatever technical reasons, and I'm getting over it.

Blizzard employees work hard to keep this massive game functioning, mostly very well indeed. (WoW functions much better than my programs at work, which have very little comparative demand on them.) They'll fix the problems as soon as they can.

Thanks for keeping on top of it, Blizz.
01/01/2012 07:52 PMPosted by Resonance
Were you able to pick up the quest again so you can start collecting Grisly Trophies for next month? Or is this a massive oversight by the quest desigenrs that you have to collect all 250 trophies in the first week of every month, else you are screwed for the next month...

Grisly Trophies was designed to do it that week, the reason you had a quest left over from last month is you didn't do it last month, but since you turned that one in this week you can't get another one.

But the quest objective is very easily completed in 7 days time, it seems intended to pick it up at beginning of week and before faire leaves town, turn it in, and repeat next faire. I've already completed mine, like others said, you can go to molten front and complete this in 20-30 min tops. Or any other area where there is just an endless stream of mobs (minus ulduar, i tried it, heh).
So they will be making the quests able to be done once each month, was wondering whats the point of hanging onto them for the following month when i try to accept them again it says i have done it.
01/01/2012 09:13 PMPosted by Bezek
So they will be making the quests able to be done once each month, was wondering whats the point of hanging onto them for the following month when i try to accept them again it says i have done it.

Like any limited amount quest you pick up from an npc, if you hold it, and turn it in late, it counts toward when you turned it in, not when you picked it up. So if you turn it in next fair, you will not be able to pick it up again during the same fair. it is the same with any daily quest (only daily instead of monthly). If you do not complete a daily until following day, and turn it in following day, you cannot grab that same daily again that day because it was already completed.

None of the weekly quests were meant to be held and done all month. Not if you want to complete it every month. They are intended to be completed during the duration of the fair. If you do not complete it during the current fair and you can hold it until next, then it'll be marked complete for that fair and you won't be able to acquire another one until the following fair. That's working as intended.

The only thing that's bugged are achievement criteria credit being forgotten, and some item turn-in quests not resetting when this faire started.
I did turn them in before the week was up but that's ok if i cant get them this time ill just wait until next month their is still lots of time for it. If it is a fixable bug i know you will get it worked out you always do so im not worried about it. The quests i save in my inventory that are still in quest form that haven't been excepted if you save them do they count towards the last months prizes or can you accept them again with the new faire each month, i got a few of each set, after giving the extra's to my alts but cant hand them in again. I didn't try to hand them in after the event was gone because i didn't think you could.
For example i mean i got say 2 captured insignia's and kept one extra one in my bank for storage for the following month, is it set up that you delete the 2nd one and loot it again or can extra ones be saved for the next time?
Oh I think i misunderstood you Bezek. Thought you meant the same thing as Resonance. My previous reply wasn't about the items that start quests, I was talking to them about the trophies and profession quests working as intended. Your reply seemed like you were talking about same thing.

If you are talking about the item drop quests, then for sure you should be able to complete them again even if you turned them last month. But only once per item. Once you've done them once per fair. you cannot complete them again in same fair, but you can definitely still acquire items and hold them for next fair.

I've turned in what i could (6) of my 8/9 for this fair already and I already have 8 out of 9 items ready to go for next month too.
Oh I think i misunderstood you talking about same thing as Resonance. My previous reply wasn't about the items that start quests, I was talking to them about the trophies and profession quests working as intended. Your reply seemed like you were talking about same thing.

If you are talking about the item drop quests, then for sure you should be able to complete them again even if you turned them last month. But only once per item. Once you've done them once per fair. you cannot complete them again in same fair, but you can definitely still acquire items and hold them for next fair.

I've turned in 8/9 for this fair already and I already have 8 out of 9 items ready to go for next month too.

Ah ok cool, i will just try to accept them all again after Tuesday maintenance and hope that its all worked out if not im happy to keep them in storage until the next one rolls around would have liked to turn them all in again this month but its new and i know its going to have some issues so ill just wait for bliz to get it all worked out they always do :). And sorry for lack of clarity on my part what sounds right to me sounds kinda choppy to anyone reading what sounds good in my head =p.
I'm hoping they reset all of the quest items, I didn't get to play much after the first day of the faire last month and wouldn't mind some extra tickets for my mount! :D
01/01/2012 11:19 AMPosted by Malkyth
Or the fact that my Soothsayer and Ornate Weapon quest items disappeared from my bag so now I can't turn it in. Went and bought the Ornate Weapon from AH just to do the turn in.

Same here. Got excited thinking of more tickets and WTF empty bag slots.

Add that to the achievements resetting - so close to causing issues for a few tables.

/cast Ritual of Refreshment
/cast Flip Table
Thank You.
More like Darkmoon Unfaire!

/sniff
Okay I have read all three pages and nothing has been said about the issue with the Blastenheimer Bullseye achievement. It seem the taurens aren't getting credit for this one. I have landed dead center bullseye and it won't give me credit. I have talked to a lot of people who are having this same problem. Some say that spamming jump works but I've tried that too and no luck. Is this issue also being looked into?

Thank you
Theriann
01/01/2012 09:43 PMPosted by Omegal
I've turned in 8/9 for this fair already and I already have 8 out of 9 items ready to go for next month too.

how have you done 8/9 when 2 of the items are bugged right now?
01/02/2012 12:24 AMPosted by Theriann
Okay I have read all three pages and nothing has been said about the issue with the Blastenheimer Bullseye achievement. It seem the taurens aren't getting credit for this one. I have landed dead center bullseye and it won't give me credit. I have talked to a lot of people who are having this same problem. Some say that spamming jump works but I've tried that too and no luck. Is this issue also being looked into?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657430268?page=1
Some workarounds have been suggested you can try, such as using an illusion item like iron flask or orb of the sindorai
@Gamdwelf, I guess i should say of what i could so far. :)
01/01/2012 07:01 PMPosted by Tarvos
The best is... you enter the arena... and a raid of 20+ people insta kill you.

The sad part is the arena is actually kinda fun when you have a real free-for-all going. Even if some damn sneak managed to swipe the chest when you're momentarily distracted by the three people trying to unsuccessfully beat in your face.