How many subs does SWTOR have?

Games, Gaming and Hardware
1 2 3 5 Next
Title says it all. I'm not a fan of SWTOR either, so don't rage at me.
they had 2 mil preorder thats all i can say. ive tried it but it wont be any kind of "wow killer". i stopped after about 2 days of playing it just isnt that amazing
Something like 1.4 mill at the moment, still in first-month free time. IOW...too early to say.
at launch they had over a million...and its growing fast....
I am a fan of it as well.....so feel free to rage at me. I still love wow and all 10 of my 85's....but with the current content being well.....a little too easy, I have found the need for a distraction between all my LFR's and other raids.
To put things in perspective, WoW had about 4-4.5 million subs at its peak in NA/EU.
It was all hype, ya the game will have over millon subs, but it wont fail like Rift did
One thing you can't criticize is SWTOR's class diversity, they are all very diverse.

Not only the advanced classes but the specs within the advanced class.

My Scoundrel can be a healer, a dot style melee dps or a rogue style melee dps.
01/03/2012 03:24 PMPosted by Dehydrate
It was all hype, ya the game will have over millon subs, but it wont fail like Rift did

lol i completely forgot about rift
01/03/2012 03:26 PMPosted by Theruler
The game hurt itself badly by not coming to Mac. Very, very badly.

No, it does not. Very, very few gamers play on Macs. Almost all of those that do use boot camp to play Windows games. Bioware is wasting its time by developing a Mac client.
The game hurt itself badly by not coming to Mac. Very, very badly.

For this and multiple other key reasons including bugs, lack of class diversity, and clunky mechanics.
Most gamers use PC's. Very few play on Macs. And they're already planning on making it available for Mac. On top of that, I play on a mac. I run windows through boot camp.
01/03/2012 03:24 PMPosted by Dehydrate

You know this how?
Well according to some blogs out there, the guys who like to count the money claim that if they sustain a full month of 1mil subs (paid). Then they will be set for profit for the year and can easily focus on marketing and development.

Considering they have 2mil players right now, im not sure if they are in any problem zone.

Statistically speaking tho, they are in the BEST position of ANY MMO that has existed EVER. This is according to the relative number of subscribers to the age of the game.
Might be a while before we get any stable numbers

People are still spending their gift cards so more copies are likely to be bought...then we have to wait for everyone's first free month to end. I wouldn't count on seeing anything reliable until February or March.
Well according to some blogs out there, the guys who like to count the money claim that if they sustain a full month of 1mil subs (paid). Then they will be set for profit for the year and can easily focus on marketing and development.

Considering they have 2mil players right now, im not sure if they are in any problem zone.

Statistically speaking tho, they are in the BEST position of ANY MMO that has existed EVER. This is according to the relative number of subscribers to the age of the game.

$60*2 mill = 120 mill
$15 * 1 mill = 15 million
120+15=135
300(280?)-135 > 0. One month -should- still put them in the red. In fact, it shouldn't even be HALF of the cost recouped (but almost). Do you remember where the additional numbers came from? Just curious, not accusing you of anything.
you want to make credits on the auction house?

BAN

you accidentally loot something above your level?

BAN

you want to talk to your friends in private?

BAN

you want to give suggestions on how to improve the game?

BAN

NO CRITICIZING. OUR GAME IS 100/100 10/10 GOTY IF YOU DISAGREE WE BAN

people are quitting by the thousands. how can anyone defend this
01/03/2012 11:58 PMPosted by Solarnova
I suspect it will reach 2 million soon, perhaps more. The game is absolutely brilliant and the storyline and cinematics are essentially KOTOR 3.

No need to lie, its a pay to play single player game with hotkeys, ooooo.

Innovative.

Dont try to trick other people's 60 dollars.

Spend that money on something that will last longer then one day.

Like the latest World Of Warcraft Expansion set.

Mists of Pandaria in stores soon!
massively MMO reports that it only peaks at 350k max,despite the 1.6million sales.

and LOTS of people are quitting.

or being banned