Graphics Card Question!!!

Games, Gaming and Hardware
Please help!!

I just found out the hard way that my ATI Mobility FireGL V5725 is not exactly GREAT at running games. (how stupid of a gamer not to notice before purchase, right?) I

I'm reading conflicting information about external graphic cards for laptops. My question is whether or not they're do-able, and whether or not they're worth it... (By "worth it" I mean, if they do "exist" would buying one for a laptop be feasible or would it be smarter to build a desktop/ buy a new laptop.)

Does anyone know!??

External graphic cards for laptops? Are they do-able, and are they worth it??
Maybe this instead...

My game is almost not playable because my graphics card is below the minimum requirements.

Can anyone give me some options with details please?

Like.. Build a new computer: estimated cost...
or..
Buy an external graphic card: brand...

?

I'm probably just talking to myself but apparently external graphic cards are a "NO."

I don't understand why.
99% of laptops sold come with an internally built gpu (graphics processor unit).

The only type that allow you to instert an "external" graphics card are the higher end gamer laptops. Usually your looking at the $1000 or more laptops.

As for why its because in order to allow a user to install a graphics card requires the room and battery power to do so. Also there is heat considerations that the laptop manufacture has to account for if a user were to installl a card. Since that all costs money most laptops are built with an integrated gpu on the motherboard to save on costs.
Maybe this instead...

My game is almost not playable because my graphics card is below the minimum requirements.

Can anyone give me some options with details please?

Like.. Build a new computer: estimated cost...
or..
Buy an external graphic card: brand...

?

You'd be better off building a new desktop computer. When it comes to gaming, desktops are the way to go as they're super affordable, easy to upgrade, and easy to repair. Laptops offer less bang for your buck but they do give a lot more portability. However, as you've noticed, they're annoying when it comes to realising you can't simply replace or add parts.

Keynar is right that gamer laptops can be quite expensive, but you can definitely find affordable ones out there with a discrete graphics card which is capable (but not marketed as a 'gaming' line of laptops) of running WoW on moderate-high. The only downside is that if you don't know what you're looking for, some of these setups won't do so well if you intend to play more recent titles or if you're the type who likes to try out new-release games frequently.

For example; I currently have an old HP dv6 lying around which would probably only fetch $100-200 which is still capable of running WoW at moderate consistently, high in dungeons. A more recent version of it (link in quote below) would easily run WoW on high-ultra.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0051OLSKQ/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=1278548962&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B005N7CQCK&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=08H2EM0A7S0A6GY4KZYW

It's also worth taking into account if you play any first person shooters, as these tend to aim for the whole 'realistic graphics' experience so can be incredibly taxing on your system - it simply means that you'd definitely want to settle for something on the higher end of the price range.

EDIT: typo.
PS: Please post to games, gaming and hardware forums in the future :)
I'm probably just talking to myself but apparently external graphic cards are a "NO."

I don't understand why.

They're perfectly doable. the expresscard slot practically every laptop has is basically a PCI-E x1 slot and can be used to connect a full scale videocard to your laptop.

the kit for doing so isn't particularly cheap ($200-300 US, plus the cost of the videocard you want), but it is there.

http://www.villageinstruments.com/tiki-index.php?page=ViDock

Alternatively, if you have a spare 300W+ desktop power supply laying around, you can save some money by getting just the interface gear. no snazzy case that way though.

http://www.harmonicinversion.com/products/format/pc.html?page=shop.product_details&category_id=1&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=191