Cut down on the spoonfed storytelling in MoP.

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10
You should really quit arguing about this guys...

before we come to blows...
I honestly don't mind a linear story, myself. That said, a bit of subtlety would definitely make things an improvement and, unfortunately, Blizzard doesn't really do subtlety very well.
I wish we could get a linken-type story line back: one that has us travel a bit, instead of just walking 5 feet away from the quest giver to get 5 basilisk livers. These are the types of quests that the devs got rid of to reduce having to travel the world so we can level faster, and I understand that, but now we don't travel the world until we are told to go to the next quest hub.

I hear there were some good quests put into the game after cata in the early levels, but I just haven't seen them I guess (I must have not done those zones and did dungeons or something). Leveling now is just a zerg fest. You don't even have to read the quests and can just open the map and follow the paint-by-number. I understand questhelper was out and we could just use that, but it wasn't readily accessible to new players who didn't know about addons.

I also understand that they wanted to reduce the amount of time alt-tabbing and looking up how to do the quests in thottbot and wowhead, and to keep us in their game more.

I know they have their reasons for what they did when they redid 1-60, but I just wish they didn't make it feel like we are being spoonfed instead of, for the sake of sticking to the metaphor, having to find a spoon and feeding ourselves the way we see fit.

TL;DR nostalgia post FTW I suppose
Many parts of the 1-60 revamp are just renames/readjustment of objectives from old quests, they don't even add together to a story for that zone in some cases

And the do 3 things at Location X, repeat at Y and Z as well, then go to new 'area' gets very old very fast

No more revamps please
say what you want but i love the end boss of that place POWER!