WoW No Longer Compatible with Windows 2000

General Discussion
Prev 1 14 15 16 Next
01/09/2012 09:08 AMPosted by Omegal
Lol, tell them it's time to upgrade, for security reasons obviously ;)

Real business will still install security updates and protecion software, i don,t see where your argument is valid.
03/19/2012 12:08 AMPosted by Davatar

Real business will still install security updates and protecion software, i don,t see where your argument is valid.

'PROTECTION SOFTWARE' DOES NOT STOP EXPLOITS AND VULNERABILITIES.

Any business running windows 2000 should be shot.
Heh. I'll stick with my Mac
03/20/2012 03:59 PMPosted by Fueryin
Pffff Windows 95 is where it's at!

I know right!

I'm with these two!
So will the people who can no longer play WoW get a refund? Just curious. I think they should. >.>
03/20/2012 07:27 PMPosted by Sorrowless
So will the people who can no longer play WoW get a refund? Just curious. I think they should. >.>

Doubtful; and I think windows XP is something like $100 at most for Windows XP Professional? Windows 7 Professional is $200. It's a lot for both, but saving up that much money isn't really that much when you have other options as well.
01/09/2012 09:19 AMPosted by Lastwish
Pffff Windows 95 is where it's at!

Windows 7? But I already have Windows 95!
Still running great on open suse linux, 11.4, with the latest Wine and the latest Nvidia kernel driver:

As well as with the wow64 binary, functioning great.

Poor windows 2000 people...

If you guys want a quick, free fix, when wow no longer functions at all (if this even means that) try multibooting to a LInux.The only side effect is:

I have none of the problems that thousands of windows users post about, in the service forums, after various patches (such as Lower FPS, bluescreens, etc.)
Posted by Davatar

Real business will still install security updates and protecion software, i don,t see where your argument is valid.'PROTECTION SOFTWARE' DOES NOT STOP EXPLOITS AND VULNERABILITIES.

Any business running windows 2000 should be shot.

Windows 2000 is run by a ton of companies. Legacy software (such as banking back end software) has requirements that restrict the use of newer OS's. There are some old VAX and DOS boxes that do the one thing they were designed to do very well.

Also if you can't afford to update to Windows XP then how can you afford to keep paying for WOW....just saying.
Wow. I remember when WoW first came out. I upgraded to Win2k just for the better RAM management. Going up to 512mb of RAM created some slow downs in Win98 at the time, and games could not take full advantage of the 512 RAM.. Not a limitation like 32bit to 64bit.. just kernel stuff that I do not fully understand.
In reality most ppl prefer older OS due to stability. Like me i have 5 PCs all running different OS's W98, Wmil, W2k, WXP and Vista. W98 and Wmil are for Business the other 3 are for gaming. My gaming PCs all have WOW on them. So I dont have a Problem. But ppl tell others to buy a new PC is not the answer search Amazon for XP cheaper than buy a new PC.

That's my 2c