Community-Involved Let's Play?

Wyrmrest Accord
So, some of you probably saw my topic a week ago: "Let's Play Race" where I asked what race to use for a Let's Play. Gnome won by a landslide, as you can see. For those of you who didn't catch it, though, let me copy-paste something from the old thread.

"Sup, WrA?

Anyway. My New Year's resolution was to do something fairly unique and follow through on it. I recently got a Razer Onza (Xbox controller) with some Christmas cash. I was bummed that it was corded, but then realized I could use it to play WoW. I have a pretty efficient keybind setup, with up to 40 spells easily bound.

After realizing this, I decided that doing a Let's Play from 1-85, on an Xbox controller, is pretty unique! Atleast, I haven't found another. I can capture in great quality and can provide hopefully entertaining commentary. I am also planning on trying to get the WrA community involved, to some extent, while I level. Which leads to my next point..."

And here we are.

Now, I have about 2 hours recorded and uploaded to my Youtube, but unfortunately, the only people I had readily available to help me with commentary was my IRL friend who no longer plays WoW. Not only did this keep the commentary non-WoW-related, it basically became a casual chat between us as I play. Which means it got vulgar.

But then I got to thinking, what if I invited some other WRA members to a Skype call? What if I had other people from this awesome realm talk with me about WRA, leveling with a controller, and WoW in general? I figure it could lead to some entertaining conversations that are more fruitful than me and my friend bull!@#$ting for 2 hours.

On top of this, I thought: "What if they have a toon near my level? There's no harm in letting someone level with me for a little while we chat!" So, yeah. I figure, if you have a toon that's level, I dunno, 30, and I'm also level 30, you could probably run a couple dungeons with me and just shoot the %^-* in Skype.

This is a very casual thing. I'm not a Youtube partner, and I don't expect this to go anywhere, but it might be a fun thing for not just me, but everyone involved. If you'd like to chat in a Skype call while I record, or level with me sometime, send me a message either on this toon, or to my email, SnowstormPony@gmail.com

I know how much WRA likes to get involved in things. Please don't see this as a ploy to get views, I really want to get some more people involved! If you'd like to see the parts already uploaded, feel free to visit. But be warned! it gets... a tad offensive in certain spots. Don't take it to heart. We're just immature !@#$%^-s who will laugh about almost anything. ^^

http://www.youtube.com/user/SnowstormPony

tl;dr: Read it.
Plaguewalker approves of this thread, and offers his sexy voice to the Gnome-gods.
I approve and offer my services for commentary. I've done voices for podcasts and LP's before, so I have a little bit of experience if need be.
My vote:

Valliac the Sexy-Voice-Man.
I'd help you but you're a brony.

I'd happily ridicule you for hours over it however.
I'd help you but you're a brony.

I'd happily ridicule you for hours over it however.

Oh, yeah, I'm a Brony. But I'm smart enough to know that most of us are just a bunch of weirdos and I enjoy that. Besides, what fun is there in being weird if you can't make fun of yourself? I'd love to talk to you. ^^
I shall contribute witty banter and I promise to keep the vulgarity trend you currently have! And if you wish to clean up the language, you must censor me!

Small voice, many bleeps.
01/16/2012 08:51 PMPosted by Vithae
I shall contribute witty banter and I promise to keep the vulgarity trend you currently have! And if you wish to clean up the language, you must censor me

When I first heard that she swears like a sailor, I laughed. How could someone so kind and motherly swear that much?
AND THEN WE RAN ICC BACK IN 3.3.

*wide-eyed, mouth agape, listening to very tiny angry blood elf rage harder than an Orc warrior*
01/17/2012 04:04 AMPosted by Thokk
I shall contribute witty banter and I promise to keep the vulgarity trend you currently have! And if you wish to clean up the language, you must censor me

When I first heard that she swears like a sailor, I laughed. How could someone so kind and motherly swear that much?
AND THEN WE RAN ICC BACK IN 3.3.

*wide-eyed, mouth agape, listening to very tiny angry blood elf rage harder than an Orc warrior*

I'm glad I haven't heard her rage before, then. Must be frightening if it shocked Thokk.
Are we hosting the necromancer con this week? I must not have gotten the memo.
I abandoned this project a long time ago. I was really shocked to see this on the front page.

Anyway... @Sherro, you need to use a program like Xpadder to map your controller to specific keyboard buttons.