Flying mounts at level 20

General Discussion
01/16/2012 06:20 PMPosted by Bobthedruid
I hate flying mounts. I'd rather not have any at all. But if they're going to be in the game, they might as well be available at level 20 to make leveling easier.

Really now how easier do it you want it to be? You want free epics every 10 levels or so?

You have been given FPs all over the place to appease you speed demons, use them
If your argument starts with "Why not" then it's probably a terrible idea.
Have to say absolutely not. Up until level 60, ground mounts are a way to experience the beauty of Azeroth. Most people don't care about that beauty, but a lot of us do. It won't hurt you to ride on the ground (or take flight paths) for those levels =)
No. Doing so would make regular ground mounts completely pointless, and just like every other character ever rolled ( not including Death Knights ), you walk then you ride slow, then you ride fast, THEN fly.

Yes, actually, it should be from level 1 and with 310% speed.

Also, a laser that scratches your...bum...from outerspace.
No.
01/16/2012 05:06 PMPosted by Heisenburg
Only reason I see is it would allow players of lower level to fly over top of dangerous dangers in safety instead of running through on a mount and getting slaughterized.

Dangerous dangers are the worst.

01/16/2012 06:38 PMPosted by Meira
Yes. All you naysayers are wrong

I agree. All mounts should be available from level 1. I mean you start out the game as a grown man/woman. You're telling me that you don't know how to hop on a horse until you've managed to kill thousands of creatures and then all of a sudden HEY! Now I figured it out because I paid this guy 10g to learn how?

It doesn't make the game any easier, in fact it makes it more fun as there's less downtime and more killing! But to the detractors, I'll compromise. At level 1, you get a 10% speed increase. At level 2, you go 20% faster, and it's not until you get to level 10 that you finally get to 100% faster. There is nothing wrong with this and anyone who says there is is clearly a masochist.

Also, a laser that scratches your...bum...from outerspace.
I like the sound of that.
No. Mounts are fine where they are. Please stop asking for things, you are embarrassing yourselves.
01/17/2012 09:56 AMPosted by Ritarita
Have to say absolutely not. Up until level 60, ground mounts are a way to experience the beauty of Azeroth. Most people don't care about that beauty, but a lot of us do. It won't hurt you to ride on the ground (or take flight paths) for those levels =)

Experience it yourself? Nothing would stop you from riding on the ground. Why force we who are already sick of seeing the same thing?

At 60% speed flying would be used for skipping mountains and slopes. It's not fun when your destiny is 300y from you and you have to run 900y because something is on your way.

Honestly I'll only go back to questing at 60. Until then, LFD ftw.

ESPECIALLY when you're on your millionth alt. Yes the world is beautiful, but I've already seen it a million times for the past 7 years.
Ahem..
"Back in my day, we had to WALK til we were level 40! And we LIKED IT!"

I remember how mad all my friends were when we were all making the long walk to dungeons and I would speed ahead of everyone with travel form.

Back in Burning Crusade I was the first person in my guild to get epic flying. When we were flying up to one of the Tempest Keep instances, I would be literally flying circles around them. :)

But as for the original topic, I think the 20-40-60 level spread is about right for travel speed.
01/16/2012 05:06 PMPosted by Heisenburg
Only reason I see is it would allow players of lower level to fly over top of dangerous dangers in safety instead of running through on a mount and getting slaughterized.

Or figuring out how to get through?
Seriously, nerf thinking!
trollgoat
No. And that's coming from a toon that can't even ride yet.