Nerfs.

General Discussion
Prev 1 292 293 294 301 Next
How is this thread still a thing?!
Oh hey, the non-optional nerfs going live tomorrow. That's cool.

http://www.mmo-champion.com
01/23/2012 04:37 PMPosted by Jackjagalos
The instant gratification model does not work.

You are mistaking WoW's game model as an "instant gratification model". They are not the same. Even with these nerfs, the majority will still find raiding difficult enough that it is not "instant gratification".

The solution some people seem to prefer is "let them wait an xpac or two to get to the content/achievements/mounts/whatever". Blizzard has obviously not chosen this model.

Not everyone is capable or even desires to be on the cutting edge of progression. That doesn't mean they "shouldn't play games" or should be treated as second-class players.

Another thing I've been boggling about in this thread is how poor guilds will magically be able to pass "good" guilds in progression with this nerf.

Let's face it - if you're a good guild, you're progressing already. You've already beaten the content "poor guilds" are struggling with. You can safely turn off the buff and play exactly as you've always played without worry of bad guilds surpassing you.

If you haven't progressed...I hate to break it to you, but you're one of the poor guilds. You're one of the ones this nerf is intended for.
01/23/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Jackjagalos
And even though I am not in an 8/8 HM guild right now, does not mean that content is impossible, it is VERY possible but blizzard wants to run in and say "Hey lets help you instead of you helping your self" They must not want the content to have a long lasting life span.

And yet, you can still turn off the buff if you want to do the content un-nerfed.

True progression guilds have already progressed. Everyone else is fighting for the scraps. If content that's untouched is that important to you, you'll do it without the buff.

And let's not lie to ourselves - nerfs and/or buffs of this sort have happened for years. This isn't the first time around this same exact hamster wheel. Blizzard even made it blatantly clear that they intended to continue on with nerfing raid content. There are no surprises here.
01/23/2012 04:56 PMPosted by Jackjagalos
Yeah but was there an LFR before? Nope. They nerfed content before so that people could get there shot at seeing the raid, those who couldn't raid at all on the normal scale of raiding. LFR was supposed to change that, and it didn't.

And yet, Blizzard made it blatantly clear that they intended to continue nerfing raid content. Nothing was ever said by Blizzard, when LFR was introduced, that they had any intention AT ALL of not doing exactly what they're doing now.

Around and around it goes - this exact same conversation happens every time Blizzard nerfs raids or buffs raiders. Every single time.
so i heard pve is srs bizniz and was previously srs bizniz but won't be srs bizniz after this srs bizzniz nerf... you know what i have to say.

pve isn't srs bizniz and never will be.
The solution some people seem to prefer is "let them wait an xpac or two to get to the content/achievements/mounts/whatever". Blizzard has obviously not chosen this model.

No, I prefer the "actually adapt and learn encounters" method, rather than the "give up and wait for nerfs" method.

Let's face it - if you're a good guild, you're progressing already. You've already beaten the content "poor guilds" are struggling with. You can safely turn off the buff and play exactly as you've always played without worry of bad guilds surpassing you.

Generally, guilds in hard mode content want to do as well as possible, because the higher your given ranking and the better you do, the easier it is for you to recruit additional people whenever you need to. Turning the buff off means you run the risk of being bypassed by guilds who are using it. In order to keep your guild as alive as possible, you want to do as well as possible. That means nobody in their right mind is going to turn off the buff.
Heroic Morchok is skewed since his health is too low (or enrage too high) people were able to 4 heal thru it to get it done - which has inflated his kills.

I'd prefer we were given more time since a normal guild would have only raided say 6 times (allowing for a Chrissy / New Years break) and is hardly geared for the latter fights.

The problem I see which really only raises it's head in Heroic difficulty is the lack of thought that goes into how the raid mechanics scale to promote certain classes over another - if u dont have the ability to switch in/out those you fall behind.

Its like every tier these days is skewed to certain classes at the high end until you out gear it.

I'd prefer more focus on better raid design.

01/23/2012 05:02 PMPosted by Hyjinx
Generally, guilds in hard mode content want to do as well as possible, because the higher your given ranking and the better you do, the easier it is for you to recruit additional people whenever you need to. Turning the buff off means you run the risk of being bypassed by guilds who are using it. In order to keep your guild as alive as possible, you want to do as well as possible. That means nobody in their right mind is going to turn off the buff.

If you've already beaten the hardmode bosses, you can continue to do so without the buff. If you can't beat the hardmode bosses without the buff, then you're what the buff is intended for.

It hurts, I know, to acknowledge that you're not on the bleeding edge of progression - but it might be time to face up to the facts. If you're going to lose recruits/progression because you've turned off the buff...you're no better than those "bad guilds" you claim will beat you by using the buff.
01/23/2012 05:04 PMPosted by Jackjagalos
Yet quoted from blizzards mouth was that, if players want to see content, LFR. If you want the challenge and go to heroic.

And there was still NOTHING said by Blizzard that they wouldn't nerf content or add buffs. Nothing.

Some of you might have assumed that LFR meant there would be none - and now you're reaping the rewards of that assumption.