Nerfs.

General Discussion
Prev 1 298 299 300 301 Next
01/23/2012 11:46 PMPosted by Attacked

And we'd still have Hard Heroics.

yeah, I agree with you. DS heroic modes is so easy, seriously that there's only a hand ful of guilds that got madness and above 6/8 hm. Cause ya know, Heroic warmaster is easy let alone doing heroic spine.

Yeah, I mean, clearly after 8 weeks we can tell exactly how hard heroics are. Clearly. I mean, what is that, 1 heroic kill a week before Blizzard starts nerfing content? That's the rate you have to push? Is it not alright to wipe for more than a lockout on something anymore?
01/18/2012 06:58 PMPosted by Pensive
Frankly, the trolls claiming that anyone who hasn't cleared 8/8 yet is a bad player can go take a jump of a cliff. And then re-evaluate their own lives. I welcome this buff.

lol I welcome it as well. My guild and I are 7/8. We keep getting madness down to 8%! 8%!! All night long! It's fun. We will probably not have the buff on while we finish off that last 8%. But when I feel my team has had enough, I'm turning it on. So here's to hoping we can finally get that last damn 8% before the buff comes out!
01/23/2012 11:50 PMPosted by Brossann
Yeah, I mean, clearly after 8 weeks we can tell exactly how hard heroics are. Clearly. I mean, what is that, 1 heroic kill a week before Blizzard starts nerfing content? That's the rate you have to push? Is it not alright to wipe for more than a lockout on something anymore?

That's what I don't get. Does anyone in Blizzard actually know how progression works? An average of one new Heroic kill a week is extraordinary. Expecting everybody to be at that level is just them setting themselves up for disappointment.

01/23/2012 11:56 PMPosted by Attacked
can this thread die now

I was thinking that as well. Even when a blue post highlighting blizzard's reasoning for the buff and the time for the buff, they still refute it. Not understanding the reasoning behind it at all, even though the blizzard made sound judgement in assessing their assets, their fans, and the player base in general.
I actually would love to see the statistics they gather from their player base cause damn it is accurate.

Because of course, it couldn't be that we understand their reasoning and disagree with it. That would be assuming the people who disagree with you aren't morons.
For everyone reading, this is in reference to: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4326384/Dragon_Soul_Difficulty_Changes-1_18_2012#blog

Believe it or not there are actually guilds and raiding groups that are attempting to progress through Normal and Heroic raids, but are hitting a wall, and have been hitting a wall. We have actual statistical data we base our changes on, we know exactly how many people are clearing these raids each week, we know exactly how many people are able to down just a few bosses, and how many were only able to down a few bosses every week for weeks on end and then stopped raiding altogether.

The issue we're constantly trying to combat is the one where people feel like they're just out of options. One way this is an issue is the content is too easy, they blasted through it, have everything they could possibly want, and have nothing else to do. Ideally that's a small subset of very hardcore players. For everyone else it's a feeling of just being stuck with no possible way to progress. Very few players are willing to suit up, buff up, do all the necessary requirements to raid, jump in, and then do no better than they did last week for hours and hours, only to return next week and do the same.

If a guild doesn't want the help, they're free to opt out of the buff. For those that do it's an approximate 5% change, which is pretty minor, and we expect it to be about a month before we raise it another 5%. This first change will absolutely help the guilds that are just barely sc@%#!*# by, or just need a tiny bump to cross the next hurdle, but it's just not logical to exclaim that someone will roll into Raid Finder, grab a couple items, then be looting Heroic Deathwing's corpse the next night.

We feel the content has been out for quite a while now, that most people who have progressed and downed Deathwing on Heroic have done so, they've had sufficient time to celebrate in their accomplishments, and these very small progressive alterations will only help guilds that are already doing well in the raid get over some hurdles they may be facing.

Why do you nerf an instance through progressive percentage buffs instead of telling these people what they need to hear?

The short answer is: get better at the game.

The long answer is: start using tools to analyze your raid's combat log so you can determine who's not meeting their potential. Also, why isn't there a downloadable benchmark for WOW that will allow people to see their frame rate so they can figure out if they need to buy or build a new computer to raid more effectively. Why not point people towards third-party resources for raiding interfaces? How about recommending people talk to higher-end guilds to figure out what they're missing?

There's dozens of things people can do to become better at raiding. Instead you want to take the easy way out and hold their hand.

Well you already did that, its called Raid Finder.

If people are giving up without exhausting all the options, then they don't deserve help to begin with.

That's what I don't get. Does anyone in Blizzard actually know how progression works? An average of one new Heroic kill a week is extraordinary. Expecting everybody to be at that level is just them setting themselves up for disappointment.

They know more than you than you can imagine. They have the statistics on every boss that dies and every achievement that is made. And they saw the progression stats for the whole since 4.3 went live and figured that it's the right time to buff it. And they are right. It actaully make sense in buffing it now. Madness was dead 3 weeks ago, in hardmode. They figured it's time to give the other people who can't get madness done in hardmode a working chance :).

I <3 you blizzard

It doesn't matter how much information they have, they can't argue with math. If they think that the current kill rate is unacceptable, then they have to be assuming that the proper kill rate on heroic content is one boss per lockout, and a full clear on normal mode the first week. If that's what they actually think, then fine, but I doubt it.
Aeldain u are missing the point.... lfr makes it to where people can see end game content and if they cant get past normal modes then i suggest they continue to practice lfr to get the gear that is already practically given to them to do better in normal modes. i dont want the nerf and im sure many can agree with me that having that much better gear then the less skilled players of the server gives players a feeling of pride and also gives players more to stride for.... people dont wanna see a nerf because all there hard work will be put to shame by less skilled players.. and as far as turning off the buff? who would be stupid enough to do that? really.... 90% of people play this game to get gear and advance as a player... LFR puts the game on easymode.. now there adding cheat codes.....
01/23/2012 11:56 PMPosted by Attacked
can this thread die now

I was thinking that as well. Even when a blue post highlighting blizzard's reasoning for the buff and the time for the buff, they still refute it. Not understanding the reasoning behind it at all, even though the blizzard made sound judgement in assessing their assets, their fans, and the player base in general.
I actually would love to see the statistics they gather from their player base cause damn it is accurate.
How is it accurate? You cannot judge how a person feels about something with numbers. They're looking at the wrong thing. They're looking at how many people have cleared the content, and making assumptions. Bashiok said "1% are parading around org, while the 99% are sitting in org with nothing to do.". First off, that's flat out wrong. Most players do not raid. This has always been the case. The majority of people in wow don't want to raid. People pvp, people are altaholics, people RP, whatever. For them to say that 99% of their playerbase is sitting in org with nothing to do because they can't down a boss is wrong. And that's a fact.

I'm not a hard mode raider. I'm totally fine with something being out of my reach. That said, I am not of the mentality that the content needs to be brought down to my level. And there are many others who share this mentality. Blizzard is going out of their way to make it seem like they're on the side of casual wow players. And that's fine. But what they're actually doing is messing with a formula that has worked for years. They make too many drastic decisions in the quest to scramble for subs. And one of these days, it's going to bite them in the rear.
01/24/2012 12:01 AMPosted by Attacked
They know more than you than you can imagine.

Cool, glad to know all their Omniscience is leading to incrased subs and revenue. Clearly they are the masters and know exactly what they are doing.