Nerfs.

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 301 Next

Bashiok said:

All it takes is a moment to step back, assess the entire landscape of humanity, and realize that not everyone is like you, nor should they have to be.

Well said Bashiok.

I agree 100 % with Blizzard's stance on this. I mean, I am raid leader of core 1 in my guild and I know how difficult it is to progress through heroic (As I haven't downed HMorchok yet) due to the insane damage done by stomp... and sometimes, you won't have two dps soakers who are like tanks... I am definitely NOT going to kick one of my guildie to get another dps-like tank.. out of the question...I would keep progressing with the same composition because they were the people I Raided with since day 1 - no matter how I look at it... so, I thank you and blizzard for this.
:)
01/18/2012 07:05 PMPosted by Broly
I raid because I want gear.

Then you are raiding for the wrong wrong reason.
The ability to "choose" to turn off a buff, but not giving incentive to do so, is the same as not giving the option to begin with. Haven't you learned this from ICC? It's not the first time you've taken this route in terms of nerfs.

The incentive is simple: you know you did it without the buff/debuff.

Anything else is ego related and can be thrown out the window.

Lets just get rid of achievement points, mounts, titles, and heroic modes then. Honestly, all but the latter are used for "showing off". Sure half of it is knowing you did it, but the other half is being recognized for it. I'm sorry if that makes me sound like an egotistical maniac but it's the truth.
01/18/2012 07:00 PMPosted by Smackyouout
I find it equally hilarious when people QQ about stuff like this. I understand your point, but yeah it can be turned off and yeah, it seems really silly this soon in to DS to get a raid nerf when there is a LFR version that provides content and gear suitable for those people who probably aren't really trying to clear normal/heroic.

Exactly. There's an incentive.

The incentive is personal gratification that you can do harder content when it's current, and removing the buff allows you to do that.

Isn't that enough?

You're a Cataclysm baby, where the content is evidently spoonfed to you, because just like you. And the other people in this thread that are saying the buff 'Isn't a big deal', you like content being spoonfed to you.

I'm detecting serious special snowflake syndrome here.

I think you are overestimating the effectiveness of this buff. With this buff, the content will gradually become easier until a certain point, at that point obtaining better gear will be the only way to make it easier.

With that said, it's not going to make the content so easy that a guild that is 1/8 N right now will be 3/8 H tomorrow. A guild that is stuck at like 1 or 2/8 right now will become 3 or 4/8 with the implementation of the buff. They may get a little further they may not, but after a while probably won't progress again until the next buff until they reach 8/8.

See what I'm saying?
I'm not really for or against the nerfs, but I'm glad to see it being done in the optional and incrementing manner that ICC introduced.

I really hope they learnt from the ICC buff and are making it so that only the raid leader can toggle it on/off this time.

All it takes is a moment to step back, assess the entire landscape of humanity, and realize that not everyone is like you, nor should they have to be.

So we should just give them free progression/gear because they're not like me?

No, you're looking for something you're not. Again... difficulty is subjective.

If they don't have to be like us, why do they have to have nerfs to get to our position in HM Raiding?

I don't know, man. How is it good for the game to have 1% of players parading around for months and months and a 99% sitting around with nothing to do because they're sick and tired of wiping?

Your solution is "Well then they should get better or quit." and that's just not reasonable for a video game comprised of millions of people looking to just have some fun. It's still a computer game.
01/18/2012 07:07 PMPosted by Arianenna

/facepalm

Right back at ya, Bash.

You know by now what the heroic raiders want. It wouldn't take much to atleast add the fluff like variable %, or an achieve. To atleast show a little token of respect.

Why do you deserve respect?

For doing something before a certain time.

If it helps. there is a date on your achievement... closer to november 2011, the faster you did it. its not hard.
01/18/2012 07:08 PMPosted by Bashiok

If they don't have to be like us, why do they have to have nerfs to get to our position in HM Raiding?

Because they want to and they pay the same amount for the game? I don't know, man. How is it good for the game to have 1% of players parading around for months and months and a 99% sitting around with nothing to do because they're sick and tired of wiping?

Your solution is "Well then they should get better or quit." and that's just not reasonable for a video game comprised of millions of people looking to just have some fun. It's still a computer game.

Yay. I love these responses.

Oh, well my bad. Tell me why I should be raiding then since you know everything about me and my friends.

Because they want to and they pay the same amount for the game? I don't know, man. How is it good for the game to have 1% of players parading around for months and months and a 99% sitting around with nothing to do because they're sick and tired of wiping?

Bashiok, not to kiss up, but you're kicking !@# today.

And that's why you made three difficulties, if they can't hack one difficulty they can downgrade to one that fits their liking.
Somebody said nobody did Heroic Lich King at 0%, you might want to check because Paragon did.. took them very long but they did.

Plus nobody is ever going to turn off the buff, be serious.

I am a bit surprised, since I thought the LFR difficulty was to allow people to see the content and it would justify not having nerfs. I already cleared DS normal mode on 6 alts.. why does it even need nerfs?

I can understand for heroic spine, but geez.. give us some time to have a challenge, not every guild raid 16 hours a week and more, I do 8, we are just out of the holidays finally starting to raid for real, just got Ultraxion hard, making it 3/8 HM, was hopefully going to get at 6/8 sooner or later and see spine on it's original difficulty which will most likely never happen since we only have one raid lockout left before you apply this buff.

It's a bit disappointing to be honest. You shouldn't have accounted the holidays as "time people had to see the content".. most people barely started DS for real.

You implemented LFR so people could see content.

Why then are you nerfing normal and heroic content for people who are obviously doing it for the challenge and enjoyment of conquering harder and harder bosses? If it was just all about gear and "seeing content" isn't that what LFR is for?

Ok, this explains the normal nerfs...why nerf hard modes?

Have my babies.... please.

Is this one of those instances where two wrongs make a right?
01/18/2012 07:10 PMPosted by Rukentuts
And that's why you made three difficulties, if they can't hack one difficulty they can downgrade to one that fits their liking.

And that's a quick way to lose subscribers because they are stuck racking up LFR kills because their 3/8 normal mode (or heroic) can't progress.
"The spell can also be disabled by talking to Lord Afrasastrasz at the beginning of Dragon Soul, if a raid wishes to attempt the encounters without the aid of the Dragon Aspects."

Problem solved. Turn them off if you don't want them. The challenge will still be there if you wish it to be.

This will only happen if leaving the buff on keeps you from getting the achievement.

Yes, it's about the challenge, but no one is going to make the content harder than it has to be for no reason. Eliminate achievements for kills earned with the buff active, and then people will do it, but if it's all for bragging rights, that no one will believe because there's no tangible proof, then it's pointless.